Xtend Peak Perform Mini Log

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you The Solution and Scivation for sending me Xtend Peak Perform Black Cherry. I have been wanting to try this for quite some time. I've even picked it up and set it down at that 3 letter store ((they will price match)). I am a long time xtend user, and most of my clients use it. I am curious to see if I notice a difference between the two.

Here is the ingredient panel

My takes - big 16 gram scooper, proper doses, 2 grams of peako2. The study showed 4 grams daily led to gains in athletic performance. During my time trying it out, I'll be doing 3/4 scoops twice a day.

First Dose Thoughts - Wow, tastes great. Mixibility of the 16 grams a non issue mixes completely without sediment. This is definitely a high quality product. I enjoyed sipping on this my entire workout.

I'm getting ready for power lifting competition so I'm not going crazy on reps.

Deadlifts
Warmups 145x20 225x5 315x3
Working 405x2 425x1 455x1 460x1

Straight Legged Deadlifts
Working 225x10 3 Sets

Good Mornings
Working 205x8 3 Sets

Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns
Working 220x8 3 Sets

Over Head Press
Working 145x10 2 sets 165x8 2 Sets 185x3

Roman Chair
Working 2 45 Platesx10 3 Sets

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Keep the dosing to 2 scoops on workout days(1 pre and 1 intra) no need to go any more then that.. Stick to the dosing on the study and you will be fine to reap the benefits.
Look forward to your feedback man!!!

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep the dosing to 2 scoops on workout days(1 pre and 1 intra) no need to go any more then that.. Stick to the dosing on the study and you will be fine to reap the benefits.
Look forward to your feedback man!!!
Sure no problem was just going with price plow dosage suggestion but I can do normal

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sure no problem was just going with price plow dosage suggestion but I can do normal
Theirs is not correct
2 scoops as per the study
1 pre and 1 intra
You will be good to go!!!
1Fast400 tagging just to make sure he sees this as well.
If you ever need to purchase xtend perform dont go to the 3 letter store. let me know and i will direct you in a much more cost effective option and online retailer.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Theirs is not correct
2 scoops as per the study
1 pre and 1 intra
You will be good to go!!!
1Fast400 tagging just to make sure he sees this as well.
If you ever need to purchase xtend perform dont go to the 3 letter store. let me know and i will direct you in a much more cost effective option and online retailer.
Will do.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have been taking per your instructions. I had a nasty bug last week that seemed to hold on I didn't feel fair to do very much judging of a supplement. I'm finally starting to feel like myself. I'm getting ready for the push pull event so focusing on my weak area bench. My recovery has been good. I finally hit a 300 bench. I know not huge but it was not a touch and go it was a slow controlled rep. I definitely enjoy sipping on the black cherry intra.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have been taking per your instructions. I had a nasty bug last week that seemed to hold on I didn't feel fair to do very much judging of a supplement. I'm finally starting to feel like myself. I'm getting ready for the push pull event so focusing on my weak area bench. My recovery has been good. I finally hit a 300 bench. I know not huge but it was not a touch and go it was a slow controlled rep. I definitely enjoy sipping on the black cherry intra.
Any chance you can give us at least 2-3 updates a week?
We would love to see what your workouts are looking like.. what your cardio is like.
THEN what Xtend perform is doing for YOU..
Recovery wise...
endurnace wise...
Changing any intensity techniques? Throwing in forms of HIIT? How is your workout performance changing, how is your cardio changing? Are you noticing less rest? Are you noticing less DOMS.

Some details would be greatly appreciated so we can get feedback from you regarding the product and what it is doing during your training. If you need to check out some of the other logs out there. They do a great job of detailed feedback! We as a company want to take your 2 cents and feedback and see what we need to do to perfect our products!

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can do a normal log.

I teach an hour long hiit class tomorrow night. I know it was rough last Thursday cause I was still feeling the effects
from being sick. Most of my workouts are one of the big 3 and then some acc work.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I can do a normal log.

I teach an hour long hiit class tomorrow night. I know it was rough last Thursday cause I was still feeling the effects
from being sick. Most of my workouts are one of the big 3 and then some acc work.
We would just love to see the detail regarding both the cardio and the workouts and then your 2 cents on what xtend did, how it helped you, and what you noticed. The feedback is the key aspect here. We want to see how it treats you and your performance!

Look forward to it man. If you were sick for a week give me a heads up!

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
On Thurday night a teacher a hiit cardio dumb bell class. It's an hour long hiit session where you definitely need endurance. I took 1 scoop of Xtend perform about 45 minutes preworkout with 10 oz of water. I like it on the sweeter side preworkout. I then made a shaker cup with another scoop and 16oz of water for intra workout. I like it nice and light intra workout. My class went great.

The class

Warmup was 1 minute lower intensity exercises

Dynamic chest
Arm circles
Side step twists
Walking high knees
Groiner stretch
Squat stretch

3 circuits 45 seconds on 15 off

Prisoner squat
Step floor touch with opposite front kick
Archer front raises
Reverse grip bent over rows

Tricep push through
Opposite hand to knee crunches
Bent over back flyes
Front push jacks

Seated runners
Ankle touch crunches
Side lunge hammer curls
Front squat side rotation press

Thoughts - I have been taking this a little over a week. This class definitely went better and I seemed to have good wind.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome man.
Can you talk about any endurance changes you have seen over 1 week?
how has your performance been in and out of the gym over this span of the week?
Are you noticing any changes in DOMS ?
Have you noticed anything during your training or cardio you can note for us?

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I need a little more time with it. My wind was bad cause of my system being so messed up from running a fever for days. This is my heavy week. Tomorrow is a big day heavy bench and deadlifts. Feeling is one thing but I'll see what the weights say to me.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Big Push Pull Day

I took 1 scoop of xtend perform pre workout with a pre workout product ((mostly just caffeine and focus)) about 45 minutes before I hit the gym. 1 scoop post workout.

Workout

Bench Press

Warm Up
135x20
Working
265x1 4 second pause rep with buddy calling up

305x1 Pause Rep PR

275x2 for 3 Sets

245 AMRAP for 8

DeadLift

Warm Up
135x20

Working
425x1
455x1
475x1 PR
405 AMRAP got 6

Cable CrossOvers

50LBs each Arm x 20 Reps x 2 Sets

Lat Pulldowns

180x12
220x10
260x3

Cardio - 20 Minutes on Eliptical

Thoughts - Great Workout. 2 PRs. I am very happy.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I know you said you may need some
More time but could you just include a small write up about your performance and endurance . This way we can gauge the change over the course of the log and see your feedback with the product you are taking

It would be greatly appreciated

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I had 2 amrap prs plus 2 lift prs. I was carbed up from Japanese hibachi grill the night before, but so far it's performing well. I'll say the flavor of black cherry mixed well with other flavors. It made a bad tasting pre taste much better. I'm going to up my cardio and pay close attention. Today I did hiit on the eliptical started at 8 and increase every minute till 15. I'll use this as a baseline to judge cardio increases. I'll use amraps to judge strength increases.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Upper Body Acc Day

Supplement Thoughts: I took 1 scoop of Xtend Perform with my preworkout and 1 scoop intra workout. Flavor hasn't gotten old which sometimes you enjoy a flavor at first but gets old. This is not the case with Black Cherry. It mixes okay. There is a tiny bit of sediment that takes a little shake to get all of it.

Workout

Bent Over Barbell Rows
Warmup
135x20
Working
225x12
245x10
255x8
AMRAP PR 185x22

One Armed Low Pulls

120x15 3 Sets

Seated Curls and Front Raises Super Set

30x12 Each Exercise 3 Sets

Hammer Curls and Arnold Presses

55x10 Each Exercise 3 Sets

Lat Pulldowns
180x15
200x10
220x10

cable curls
110x15 5 Sets

Ellipitcal 20 Minutes

Thoughts I had another AMRAP PR Nice. Cardio has been going great. Capacity seems to be increasing no doubt!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The residue is probably from the Peak02.
As far as training goes are you noticing good strength gains?
What can you say about the recovery since starting xtend?
Have you seen much change in endurance during training or from day to day activity?
How much cardio do you do, and have you found an impact since starting the perform?

All of these would be great.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The residue is probably from the Peak02.
As far as training goes are you noticing good strength gains?
What can you say about the recovery since starting xtend?
Have you seen much change in endurance during training or from day to day activity?
How much cardio do you do, and have you found an impact since starting the perform?

All of these would be great.
I mentioned an AMRAP on bent over barbell rows 185 for 22 reps. I have not noticed a ton of recovery difference, but more cardio capacity yes I have. I put a thoughts at the bottom of my workouts.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I am reading them but would like you to expand on those major categories if you could. Your statements are very brief. Those areas and info are crucial to people reading this log and seeing if the product is true to its claims

We want to see if you are getting the benefits other loggers and reviewers are getting.

I hope you understand where I am coming from because I want to know if this is worth your time or something you would consider investing in the future hence getting ya a tub!

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Few Big Lifts and HIIT Cardio

Supplementation I took a scoop of black cherry xtend perform with 12oz of water about 30 minutes preworkout. This is something I look forward to. I like this unique taste on cherry. Very well done! I took another scoop during my hiit class I teach. I put this in my shaker so about 24 oz of water. Flavor was still good.

Workout - First Let me explain. I have a push pull event this weekend. I'm 3 pounds heavy. I'm carbing down and peak perform was used as a bolus. This was not a long workout heavy lifting wise, but there was a lot of cardio and lite lifting.

Bench 265x1 300x1 290x1 290x1

Deadlift 425x1 455x1 475x1

I did not want to overdue it . I was just judging where I was for pause reps and openers.

Now I had an issue. I have an hour before my class starts so I went over to the Stationary Bike.

30 minutes on the bike at a resistance of 10. I can tell my cardio capacity has increased.

Dumbbell HIIT

Crab Kicks
Bridge Straight Armed PullOvers
Sit Up OHP
Front Swings

Predator JAcks
Sumo Hammer Curls
Lunge Crush Grip Press
Bent Over Reverse Flyes

Warrior Lunges
Curl to Arnold Press
Side Jack Knives
Alternating leg crunches

It was hot and muggy cause we just had rain and then sun came out making a sauna but xtend perform helped me push through.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Are you noticing the cardio to be easier ?
Less demanding? Or your body can just recover that much faster ? Really want to see where the perform is shining
No real visible changes for training besides a few PR's to note?

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think endurance increases are what I've noticed the most not so much recovery.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
2 Day Weight Cut

Supplementation I had 2 days to make weight. I was 203 and needed to be under 198 for my powerlifting competition. I figured I would just carb down and drop some water weight the night before. I was extremely happy having xtend perform in my corner to provide that endurance and that fuel I needed during my quick cut. I continued my normal 1 scoop before my workout and 1 scoop intra.

Workout My workout was simple enough. I only did eliptical but I did it for 90 minutes. I was a little worried that I would lose strength. I did not do crazy intensity but I had no problem destroying 90 minutes on the eliptical and the only supplement I took before and after was xtend perform.

Meet I weighed in 10 pounds lighter so I was way under. I took xtend perform and some carbs before lifting. I hit a PR in deadlift which I was extremely happy about.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anything else you can detail about perform on your training or cardio routines?
Any changes over the week or so you have been using it on Endurnace or Recovery?
Have DOMS changed at all?

Would love to know man
KUDOS on the meet!

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Xtend Perform Review

Xtend is one of the OG periworkout supplements. Xtend Perform is one of the latest additions to this lineup. It has Peak02 which is in there to aid in endurance. Xtend has always been one of my favorites with a formula that's been copied quite a bit in this industry. I haven't found a bad flavor of Xtend and the Perform I tried was Black Cherry. This didn't dissapoint either. I do a variety of training. I teach Hiit cardio and my training is focused more on heavier lifts. I believe Perform is very versatile. It has bcaas dosed properly for recovery, citrulline to help endurance, electrolytes, 3.5 grams of leucine to help with protein synthesis, and the new peak02. I have been a long time user of Xtend. I am sure many wonder is there's any difference between Xtend and Perform version. There's normally a price difference and I'm sure many wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze so to speak. I do believe for the extra money you spend that the perform version will help in your training.

Flavor - I tried Black Cherry in various amounts of liquid. Of course, 8 oz the cherry flavor was strong but good, and in 24oz it was still enjoyable. I like most worried that I would be sipping on something that tasted like cough medicine. I am not down with sipping on cough medicine while I work out. That is not the case. The black cherry flavor is rich and a more real cherry taste. The other problem I have is sometimes I love the flavor out of the box then a week later I hate it. I enjoyed the flavor from start to finish.

Mixibility I have never had an issue with mixibility with xtend. There will be a little sediment with the perform. It's not a crazy amount and is gone with a quick shake and it doesn't take away from the flavor.

Overall 5/5 I maintained my strength on a quick cut while using xtend perform and my cardio capacity was noticeably increased. I hit several prs in both reps and 1RMs. It was a suprise cause I dont normally see a huge difference in the other bcaas products I've used in the past. This is a product I would recommend to my friends and clients. I will pruchase it in the future.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The overall review here was $$$$ thanks so much for your honesty man!