Xtend BCAA go bad??

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I normally buy bcaas through amazon and I usually cop xtend since it is super cheap. I normally drink them during my workout, but the most recent purchase I was not happy. I always get the blue rasberry flavor, but after trying the new bottle today it had this weird after taste. I can't really explain it but it was very chemical like and I did not like it, had to toss the rest of the drink out because of how nasty it was; the after taste was very very bitter.

I never had a problem with Xtend before, but this was the first time trying their product that had a nasty after taste. I checked the expiration date and it says July 2023, so it obviously isn't expired but WTF is causing this nasty after taste. Was it stored improperly by Amazon or did the BCAAs just go bad? I'm getting a refund and literally have to toss the bottle because of how nasty the after taste is.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I normally buy bcaas through amazon and I usually cop xtend since it is super cheap. I normally drink them during my workout, but the most recent purchase I was not happy. I always get the blue rasberry flavor, but after trying the new bottle today it had this weird after taste. I can't really explain it but it was very chemical like and I did not like it, had to toss the rest of the drink out because of how nasty it was; the after taste was very very bitter.

I never had a problem with Xtend before, but this was the first time trying their product that had a nasty after taste. I checked the expiration date and it says July 2023, so it obviously isn't expired but WTF is causing this nasty after taste. Was it stored improperly by Amazon or did the BCAAs just go bad? I'm getting a refund and literally have to toss the bottle because of how nasty the after taste is.
I gotta assume it's a bad batch. Even if it was expired, if stored properly it's good waaaaayyyyyyyyyy past the expiration date

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gotta assume it's a bad batch. Even if it was expired, if stored properly it's good waaaaayyyyyyyyyy past the expiration date
Exactly i've taken expired creatine, pre workouts etc and no issues. This **** just had a nasty after taste after having each sip, something that has never happened to me before.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another win for supplements on amazon.

I have never had this happen with any brand of BCAA's that are not out of date and even then as Smont said BCAA's are almost expiration proof if stored properly.

I cannot prove this and it's just my opinion but I don't think everything purchased there is always what it is supposed to be. The last purchase I ever made there was a pair of shoes from a brand I really like, Altra, and all the reviews claimed fantastic arch support, which my other Altra's have in spades, and the pair I received felt so cheap and had ZERO arch support, counterfeit? I can't prove it but sure feels like it. I'm not saying this is the case with the xtend but I for one am DONE and NEVER spending money their again, IMO/IME the place has gone majorly down hill and their entire business model is based on peoples poor planning and laziness, I'm done with those fraudsters.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will note there are some changes lately. I got a 90 serving grape tub and citrulline malate was removed altogether. And it’s a subscription, same barcode, fewer ingredients in the newer batch. Some flavoring changes wouldn’t surprise me either

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will note there are some changes lately. I got a 90 serving grape tub and citrulline malate was removed altogether. And it’s a subscription, same barcode, fewer ingredients in the newer batch. Some flavoring changes wouldn’t surprise me either
It depends on the batch, sometimes I get betaine andryous and sometimes I get the citrulline. This one that had that ass after taste had citrulline.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is the first I have heard of xtend changing formulas but not suprised. Bucked Up took out ingredients and reduced servings per container for their wally world version, same size container of course, of their flagship pre. When you did the math the servings were less than $0.10 cheaper but you were getting a watered down formula.

I know xtend sold at wally as well in the same size container they have always used for 30 servings but it was only 20 in there and was actually more expensive per scoop but since it looks the same only someone really looking is going to notice, so not most consumers.

More BS games IMO from those who are not really interested in supps but want to get in on the profits. I don't fault wally and DO fault companies bending at the knee, watering down the product and borderline deceiving the consumer in order to play ball with the big boys like wally. I understand this from a business side of things but I also DETEST it from a personal standpoint, but alas the world is not the way I would prefer it to be lol.