XPG Suppress C vs IL Invictus

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quick and to the point, want to pick up one, does the board have a preference? Been out the supp game for about 3 years. Have always thought IL had the best carrier. This still ring true?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Xtreme Performance Gels uses the original Avant Labs carrier that was generally considered the gold standard for carriers. Not as many people today remember Avant, but they really put transdermals/topicals on the map. It's the same carrier that we used for the CEL Suppress-C and Form back in the old days.

IL isn't bad at all either. Both are great brands and would be hard to go wrong either way.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Xtreme Performance Gels uses the original Avant Labs carrier that was generally considered the gold standard for carriers. Not as many people today remember Avant, but they really put transdermals/topicals on the map. It's the same carrier that we used for the CEL Suppress-C and Form back in the old days.
Agreed. I was super impressed with the XPG carrier when I utilized Ab-Solved, last year.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

IL isn't bad at all either. Both are great brands and would be hard to go wrong either way.
Was hoping you chimed in..... Was going to stack either or with 7KT. Would adding 11KT be over kill

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Was hoping you chimed in..... Was going to stack either or with 7KT. Would adding 11KT be over kill
Thanks. You're always welcome to tag me in anything or PM me if have questions or want me to reply to anything :)

What are your desired results?

I love Suppress-C. I've loved it back since it was an old CEL product.

When you say 7KT, did you mean 7-Keto?
If you do mean 7-Keto/7-OXO then check out XPG's Ab-Solved. It has 7OXO, Pomegranate Oil (std. for Punicic Acid), and Trans Resveratrol in it.

If you were to stack Suppress-C and Ab-Solved, for me, 11KT would be overkill. If my goal were for fat loss, I think there would be better and lesser expensive things that could be stacked with Suppress-C & Ab-Solved than 11KT.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. You're always welcome to tag me in anything or PM me if have questions or want me to reply to anything :)

What are your desired results?

I love Suppress-C. I've loved it back since it was an old CEL product.

When you say 7KT, did you mean 7-Keto?
If you do mean 7-Keto/7-OXO then check out XPG's Ab-Solved. It has 7OXO, Pomegranate Oil (std. for Punicic Acid), and Trans Resveratrol in it.

If you were to stack Suppress-C and Ab-Solved, for me, 11KT would be overkill. If my goal were for fat loss, I think there would be better and lesser expensive things that could be stacked with Suppress-C & Ab-Solved than 11KT.
Yes sir, fat loss is the MAIN GOAL.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes sir, fat loss is the MAIN GOAL.
Suppress-C & Ab-Solved would be a great stack in my opinion as far as topicals go.
Strong carries them both I believe and DPS has a great deal on a stack price for them.

I would be more likely to add our Lean Edge to the stack instead of 11KT because for me, I had better results off Suppress-C than I did 11KT in the past and I think you have that MOA covered; whereas adding Lean Edge in would help hit it from some different angles.

I plan on starting to lean down myself week after next hopefully and that's the fat loss stack I plan on running myself.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can’t go wrong with either. I have used both, I love both, and we have both in at strong :)

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I used to buy Avant Labs stuff all the time. Weren't they huge with Sesamin? I also remember them having lots of gel/cream gimmicks to rub all over your torso smelling like a goof all day.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

appreciate the diplomatic way in which you handled this!!!

my code THEBIGT saves 20% off at both iconic formulations and iron legion...the salvo carrier is top notch, imo and i've used a ton of transdermals-quite literally a ton, lol.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I used to buy Avant Labs stuff all the time. Weren't they huge with Sesamin? I also remember them having lots of gel/cream gimmicks to rub all over your torso smelling like a goof all day.
If I remember correctly they brought Sesamin to the market.

I dont' remember any of Avant's products having a smell to it besides the D-Limonene in the carrier has a citrus smell to it.

For anyone that isn't familiar with Avant Labs - they were the original transdermal/topical company. Everything by them was very science based and most of it was way ahead of its time. The owner was/is one of the smartest people that I've ever read anything by or seen post in this industry. He used to post regularly here, on bb.com, and their own forum and was regarded on the same level as Patrick Arnold and other smart people of the time. The science debates and conversations they had back then were great to read; truly next level stuff. Avant was the first to bring transdermal ph's to the market back in the old days, the first that I ever saw to talk about Leptin, and then they had great topical fat loss products - Lipoderm, Lipoderm-Y (yohimbine), and Ab-Solved (which XPG licensed the name from them and updated the formula).

Frenzy382

Awards
funny you should mention smell...it's obviously a personal thing. I was on Suppress C and Absolved stack and had to stop due to the smell. Personally, I could just about bear it...but my wife is very sensitive to smells and she just couldn't hack it at all. It actually made her feel unwell.
Suppress-C definitely has a more acceptable smell which as mentioned in previous response (above) is a citrus type one...Ab-solved..haven't a clue what that was.
I had the same issue with IL products...actually i think the smell was worse (for me) with IL than XPG.

Anyway...don't let that stop you...it's a personal thing I'm sure. The smell doesn't impact what the products actually do!!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
funny you should mention smell...it's obviously a personal thing. I was on Suppress C and Absolved stack and had to stop due to the smell. Personally, I could just about bear it...but my wife is very sensitive to smells and she just couldn't hack it at all. It actually made her feel unwell.
Suppress-C definitely has a more acceptable smell which as mentioned in previous response (above) is a citrus type one...Ab-solved..haven't a clue what that was.
I had the same issue with IL products...actually i think the smell was worse (for me) with IL than XPG.

Anyway...don't let that stop you...it's a personal thing I'm sure. The smell doesn't impact what the products actually do!!!
Ab-Solved contains Pomegranate Seed Oil (std. to min 78% Punicic Acid) so having a pomegranate type smell to that would be unavoidable because of it being an ingredient. Most people find the smell of that pleasant, but everyone is of course different.

For me, I found that if I let them dry good before putting on clothing over top of them then the smell pretty much goes away completely.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ab-Solved contains Pomegranate Seed Oil (std. to min 78% Punicic Acid) so having a pomegranate type smell to that would be unavoidable because of it being an ingredient. Most people find the smell of that pleasant, but everyone is of course different.

For me, I found that if I let them dry good before putting on clothing over top of them then the smell pretty much goes away completely.
lol...you should always let topicals dry good before putting clothing over top of them. ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

invictus also comes in a lavender scent.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
lol...you should always let topicals dry good before putting clothing over top of them. ;)
Agreed. I just meant what some people consider dry in a rush isn't completely completely dry. And then they may wind up with the scent on their clothes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. I just meant what some people consider dry in a rush isn't completely completely dry. And then they may wind up with the scent on their clothes.
in the winter months i like to run a hair dryer over applied area to speed drying time and make sure topicals dry thoroughly, in the summer i stand under a ceiling fan or in front of a floor fan...proper drying is truly key to getting the most from topicals...

gloves or sandwich baggies are good for applying-prevents the topical from absorbing into hands only to just wash them after.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
in the winter months i like to run a hair dryer over applied area to speed drying time and make sure topicals dry thoroughly, in the summer i stand under a ceiling fan or in front of a floor fan...proper drying is truly key to getting the most from topicals...

gloves or sandwich baggies are good for applying-prevents the topical from absorbing into hands only to just wash them after.
I’ve never used the sandwich bag thing. I make sure to get as much off my hands as possible. May need to try this.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ve never used the sandwich bag thing. I make sure to get as much off my hands as possible. May need to try this.
surgical gloves is what i used to use but they can get expensive if using as many topicals as i do...i've found that sandwich baggies work just as well at a fraction of the cost.

you would be surprised at how much topical solution gets absorbed into hands when using hands to apply topicals.

Frenzy382

Awards
aren't IF Black series pretty much scent free?
I agree on the letting it dry...but honestly, I seriously think my wife could find hidden drugs stashed in some luggage at an airport quicker than those sniffer dogs can.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
aren't IF Black series pretty much scent free?
I agree on the letting it dry...but honestly, I seriously think my wife could find hidden drugs stashed in some luggage at an airport quicker than those sniffer dogs can.
once they have dried completely i don't notice any scent and my wife has never commented and she is also sensitive to scents.