Xgels expiration date

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ve got a question for you guys. I just got back into lifting after a while off. I have a brand new bottle of unopened xgels that have always been stored in a cool dry place. They just expired unfortunately but I love the product and don’t want them to go to waste. Would the product just be less effective now or just plain unsafe? I’m assuming you guys can’t actively encourage the use of expired product but I’m curious if I can still safely take it.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The smell is fine and I would assume they’re good to go but rather be safe than sorry.

Wallet55

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sns cant really suggest you to use it since it's expired...but I probably would use it personally. A few questions
-How long has it been expired?
-How was it stored-humidity, sunlight,etc?
If kept in good conditions, still sealed, I would try it for sure!

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sns cant really suggest you to use it since it's expired...but I probably would use it personally. A few questions
-How long has it been expired?
-How was it stored-humidity, sunlight,etc?
If kept in good conditions, still sealed, I would try it for sure!
3 months, and it’s been stored sealed up in a low humidity environment out of sunlight and a very constant temperature around 68 degrees. I took 3 caps today pre workout and it felt like normal, I think I’m just going to run it.

Wallet55

Awards
  • First Up Vote
3 months, and it’s been stored sealed up in a low humidity environment out of sunlight and a very constant temperature around 68 degrees. I took 3 caps today pre workout and it felt like normal, I think I’m just going to run it.
Yeah I think you'll be fine, enjoy your ara run!

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
3 months? You realize it is not like the day before exp date it’s amazing and perfect to take and then BOOM it hits the dreaded exp date the very next day and immediately turns to a spoiled mess right? Supplement companies aren’t even required to put exp dates on products. If it was 2 years past I would still take it if it was sealed, unopened and stored properly

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
3 months? You realize it is not like the day before exp date it’s amazing and perfect to take and then BOOM it hits the dreaded exp date the very next day and immediately turns to a spoiled mess right? Supplement companies aren’t even required to put exp dates on products. If it was 2 years past I would still take it if it was sealed, unopened and stored properly
I’d rather be safe than sorry, I didn’t think it would completely go to heck but I figured it might be less potent or something. I figured I’d play it safe and check.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the answers guys, I’m just gonna run it. I know supplements are generally good far past their date but not all of them are the same and I figured it would be good to ask.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the answers guys, I’m just gonna run it. I know supplements are generally good far past their date but not all of them are the same and I figured it would be good to ask.
I'm sorry I missed this post somehow. It's never a bad thing to check and make sure.

Like some people pointed out, I can't actually tell you to use anything that's expired but for me personally, I'm not going to disagree with anyone's answers in this thread that I clicked the like button for expressing what they would do personally ;)