X-gels and leg cramps

Flyinhigh21

Awards
  • Established
Started taking X-gels about four days ago and they seem to be working well started noticing slight muscle soreness and DOMS on day 3. However, I have noticed from day 1 of taking the X-gels i have had increase muscle cramps that are like charlie horses throughout the day in my legs. Is this a symptom of x-gels or are they unrelated?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Could be related, could be lack of hydration and the x gels are just making it more pronounced. I would hydrate more and see if it helps.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, i would hydrate more and increase potassium/vit k intake.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, i would hydrate more and increase potassium/vit k intake.
Agreed with the above. Hydrate and increase potassium to see if that solves the cramps.

Flyinhigh21

Awards
  • Established
DOMS and cramps are pretty awful fighting through it currently anything to lessen the sides I have increased my water intake and eating bananas

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
DOMS and cramps are pretty awful fighting through it currently anything to lessen the sides I have increased my water intake and eating bananas
Some people can't handle ARA DOMS; however, you should not be getting cramps.
What is your dosing?
And do you get enough salt and fat in your diet?

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nothing wrong with that dosing. You still should not be getting cramps unless the DOMS is so bad it's causing muscle spasms?

Flyinhigh21

Awards
  • Established
I dont know the DOMS dont really bother me they are especially noticable in my biceps but just general muscle soreness nothing to write home about. It is the muscle spasms I'm my right leg that wake me up at night but they may not be related idk

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
the DOMS certainly can be attributed to the ARA, but cramping is not something that I have heard of (nor can I think of a reason ARA would cause it)... has anyhitng else changed in your diet/water/fluid intake lately? started using a sauna or somehting? change in weather/temp?

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Has the right leg spasm thing ever occured before?

Flyinhigh21

Awards
  • Established
Leg cramps are finally gone after regular hydration. But what about the DOMS during your workout they seemed to limit my workout today. Had to push through pain and couldn't put up as many reps. If this continues is the product still going to be effective and give me results?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Leg cramps are finally gone after regular hydration. But what about the DOMS during your workout they seemed to limit my workout today. Had to push through pain and couldn't put up as many reps. If this continues is the product still going to be effective and give me results?
Yes it would still be effective. Another option you could do is lower the dosage and see that helps side the doms.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to see cramps gone - yeah keep hydration/ salt in your diet .. don’t think ara has anything to do with it .. just diet.

As for Doms - yeah that’s one of the reason why pple can’t handle Xgels

Like stated above do 2 caps pre workout and each week increase by 1 cap .. and stay at 4 caps, no need to do 1.5g

I know there are others who start out at 6caps and don’t get any sides

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes it will still be effective (it’s main method of action is increasing inflammation and damage so the increased DOMS are a natural part of that equation). As mentioned you could try lowering the dose a tad and see how you feel.

The other aspect is to make sure that your rest and nutrition are enough to support the increased need for recovery

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Delayed onset of muscle soreness DOMS happens in the days following the day you worked out - not during the workout. Never heard of anyone reporting 'pain' during a workout attributed to ARA. It sounds like you may be doing more work than your system is ready to handle - that the ARA is allowing u to push limits and your body is communicating this to you in the form of perceived 'pain'?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Delayed onset of muscle soreness DOMS happens in the days following the day you worked out - not during the workout. Never heard of anyone reporting 'pain' during a workout attributed to ARA. It sounds like you may be doing more work than your system is ready to handle - that the ARA is allowing u to push limits and your body is communicating this to you in the form of perceived 'pain'?
You can certainly have doms from the workout before effect a current workout...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
DOMs can do that, especially if they are rather prominent. There are a few options here, one being it may be a good idea to drop your dosage down by a cap to see if they subside/ become more tolerable. Secondly, focus on recovery strategies in between workouts. It won't be a failsafe, but may help alleviate some discomfort. Thirdly, slightly restructuring your workouts may be a good way to mitigate DOMs hindering your next workout. I.e. Upper Push, Lower Pull, Upper Pull, Lower Push or a combination thereof. I always prefer upper/lower alternations just to mitigate how the previous workout influences the next workout.

Flyinhigh21

Awards
  • Established
I dont get DOMS post workout at all, I only experience them while working out and then they are gone. However, even those DOMS during workout are getting less and less. Strength already going up very happy so far!

Last edited:
The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Add some SNS Taurine and Glycerpump as well as some sort of electrolytes daily. If it’s hydration related this will take care of your issue no doubt

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with the above again. Can’t go wrong with adding in Taurine to the daily regimen.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Such an overlooked staple. Has so many benefits beyond just the classic “helps back pumps on cycle” ha
Agreed. Most commonly known for helping that but definitely has more benefits.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Update DOMS are pretty much gone now and every 3 or 4 days adding weigh to all my lifts. Very Impressed
good to hear .. once you get over that initial stage of Xgels .. really is one of the best product

Flyinhigh21

Awards
  • Established
I am adding strength like crazy but not seeing much change in size why is this? Usually when you keep putting up more weight size comes along with it. I know most people will reply with what is your diet like and how much you eating. BUT i know for a fact I have a brother in prison who eats like total junk but gets huge and he doesn't lift a ton more than I do? What's the deal same genetics and everything? Also, I lift regularly not a novice or new to the gym.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am adding strength like crazy but not seeing much change in size why is this? Usually when you keep putting up more weight size comes along with it. I know most people will reply with what is your diet like and how much you eating. BUT i know for a fact I have a brother in prison who eats like total junk but gets huge and he doesn't lift a ton more than I do? What's the deal same genetics and everything? Also, I lift regularly not a novice or new to the gym.
Eat more and drink more water.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah you already know the answer lol

Once strength comes in .. muscle looks fuller ( can cheat and add in pump products ) .. always keep upping your diet once you are breaking pr's .. eventually you will .. doesnt happen overnight

Flyinhigh21

Awards
  • Established
Thinking of moving from 5 pills to 6 pills 1250 vs 1500. Any benefits or downsides to doing so?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Eating junk has little to do with it. Calorie surplus does.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thinking of moving from 5 pills to 6 pills 1250 vs 1500. Any benefits or downsides to doing so?
depending how you're responding to 1250, you could see an increase in most of the main aspects (pumps, DOMS, etc)... at that dose its hit or miss for people though so tough to say... try it and see though!

Flyinhigh21

Awards
  • Established
I am gaining strength like crazy and pushing past my personal best. However, in the last week even with those results I have lost all motivation to lift. Like my drive to perform the lifts is even gone.
Which is crazy because I have no sides anymore and great gains. BUT still no motivation to workout. Is there a supplement out there that can help me with motivation??

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Focus xt or phenibut xt might be some good products to check out for motivation...

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am gaining strength like crazy and pushing past my personal best. However, in the last week even with those results I have lost all motivation to lift. Like my drive to perform the lifts is even gone.
Which is crazy because I have no sides anymore and great gains. BUT still no motivation to workout. Is there a supplement out there that can help me with motivation??

Good to hear on the strength gains .. hmhh usually should be more motivated since you are pushing higher weights & setting pr's after pr's.

Are you stressed / keep thinking about stuff out of fitness ?

I dose focusXT daily ( weekdays to help me stay focus .. not only at work .. and sometimes i will do it before gym as well )

1 to 1.5 scoop 30 mins before hitting gym .. its low stim, so can be stacked with other stim products if you are taking a pre.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You want to talk LEG CRAMPS?

Get yourself a bottle of Controlled Labs RED ACID V1.

I literally would get to work and couldn't WALK at all. I'd have to will myself to take a piss.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
sounds like you might have burnt out your CNS a bit... take a deload week (or even some time off) and get plenty or R&R and I bet you'll feel right as rain.

If you must continue to push, SNS Focus XT or Vasoforce Rush would be my suggestions

Flyinhigh21

Awards
  • Established
sounds like you might have burnt out your CNS a bit... take a deload week (or even some time off) and get plenty or R&R and I bet you'll feel right as rain.

If you must continue to push, SNS Focus XT or Vasoforce Rush would be my suggestions
I think you are right by whole body felt warn out I think from over training. I took time off and just did some pushups this weekend. Going to get back to starting tomorrow