Unanswered Wrist Pain

SpongeTom

Awards
  • Established
Hi all, having some wrist pain. I think it maps back to the many hours I spend on the computer + holding my son + perhaps the way I'm holding the barbell on some lifts putting pressure on it.

I'll go see a physio during the week when I get some time.

I was going to buy something to help with joint health, but not sure what to get...
- Helios by C&P seems to have a lot of things in it.
- Joint XT by SNS seems popular here, but not much of an ingredient overlap with Helios.
- Bulk option from local Aussie distributor contains MSM, Glucosamine, Chondroitin. Again, not a huge overlap with the above 2, but would be heaps cheaper option for me.

Any thoughts on the above 3 options?

Also, Cissus seemed to be all the rage a couple years back. Still good?

Thanks!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Time off from lifting (or at least agitating movements) and Joint Support XT

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
SNS Cissus and I like Sports Research Tumeric can help with this!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would get some good joint support, omegas and such. Add in wrist wraps for heavy movements and see if it helps.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like others have said can't go wrong with SNS joint support xt. Quality product that works.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You should take collagen as well. It really helps with joint strengthening.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hi all, having some wrist pain. I think it maps back to the many hours I spend on the computer + holding my son + perhaps the way I'm holding the barbell on some lifts putting pressure on it.

I'll go see a physio during the week when I get some time.

I was going to buy something to help with joint health, but not sure what to get...
- Helios by C&P seems to have a lot of things in it.
- Joint XT by SNS seems popular here, but not much of an ingredient overlap with Helios.
- Bulk option from local Aussie distributor contains MSM, Glucosamine, Chondroitin. Again, not a huge overlap with the above 2, but would be heaps cheaper option for me.

Any thoughts on the above 3 options?

Also, Cissus seemed to be all the rage a couple years back. Still good?

Thanks!
SNS Joint support XT + cissus is my go-to. Both (solo and stacked) have helped me through lots of aches and pains over the last couple years... wrist wraps as well have been a big help for my wrist (hurt it getting DB's up on decline bench... twice... derp)

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
When i started training strikes my wrists and lower back started getting chronic pain and problems. I was introduced to ice baths and all that went away. Im a believer now. Stopped for a while and it came right back. Currently ice at least once a week. No problems. Also, ginger and someone already mentioned turmeric are both great for inflammation.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
been considering collagen...got a good brand?
I used to take Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen because it was cheap but I wanted something more comprehensive so I take Multi collagen powder by Ancient Nutrition. I got it from Amazon. It contains Type I, II, III, IV, V collagen. But if you are looking for collagen specifically aimed at joint health then look for Type II collagen.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I used to take Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen because it was cheap but I wanted something more comprehensive so I take Multi collagen powder by Ancient Nutrition. I got it from Amazon. It contains Type I, II, III, IV, V collagen. But if you are looking for collagen specifically aimed at joint health then look for Type II collagen.
type ll it is then, thank you!!!

Megashark

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My wrists have been hurting something serious so I bought two wrist braces for like 4 a pop. It definitely helps. Unfortunately I think I have carpal tunnels. Fml

SpongeTom

Awards
  • Established
My wrists have been hurting something serious so I bought two wrist braces for like 4 a pop. It definitely helps. Unfortunately I think I have carpal tunnels. Fml
Sorry to hear that man. I'm scared I might. Too much time on the PC.

SpongeTom

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that man. I'm scared I might. Too much time on the PC.