Would you ever date another person who frowned down upon eating fun/junk food?

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
Would you ever be able to date someone who never "cheated" on their diet?

We all know in this sport it is filled with people like this. People who refuse to ever cheat on their diets, no matter if they compete or not. They just really look down upon foods that are not considered clean. Some even look down on people who do enjoy cheating once in a while.

F

franks009

Awards
  • Established
Would you ever be able to date someone who never "cheated" on their diet?

We all know in this sport it is filled with people like this. People who refuse to ever cheat on their diets, no matter if they compete or not. They just really look down upon foods that are not considered clean. Some even look down on people who do enjoy cheating once in a while.
Would probably be the most boring relationship ever. No going out to eat, doing spur of the moment things, no vacations.

Just sitting at home eating Tupperware meals. Imo that sounds like a life I don't want a part of lol

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never know till you try, that's my motto. Personally I would never date someone who was that conservative and judgmental.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They just built a costco 3 miles from my house and their pizza is sounding good right now.

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
Would probably be the most boring relationship ever. No going out to eat, doing spur of the moment things, no vacations.

Just sitting at home eating Tupperware meals. Imo that sounds like a life I don't want a part of lol
How about the people who have tupperware parties? "Hey come over we are gonna have a party tonight!" Ok cool yeah I'll come over you tell them.

Now you walk in with a bottle of booze while you see them eating avocado spread on toast drinking lemon water. They look at you with disgust and you end up going out for a big pizza. See ya later! :)

Dobs27

Dobs27

Awards
What is life without queso.
And cheese cake
And frosting...

And nachos...
And ice cream.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I personally eat a diet that most would consider clean 99% of the time but I genuinely enjoy it.

I don’t give a sh1t what anyone else eats and to be fair there’s no nutritional reason not to eat any food really. Wouldn’t judge anyone for eating anything.

What I do get p1ssed off at is when people ‘claim’ they eat really well and can’t possibly understand why they aren’t losing weight, when you’ve just seen them smash down a couple of Big Mac meals as a mid morning snack. I don’t care that they are fat, that’s their call but just don’t kid ya self that you ‘barely eat’ porky. Very very few people have genuine thyroid problems, the vast majority just eat more calories than they expend.......that’s fine but at least own that sh1t

B

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
To be honest I’m not sure.

Edit: wait I think I am that person. It’s not much fun either. But I have abs :/...lol what’s even funnier is I got a lot more dates as a fat guy. Now that I’m fit no women wants to date me. No joke. I had an online dating profile as a fat guy and fit guy. Got wayyyyyyy more messages and replies when I was fat

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Shed better have one sweet, pretty pink starfish being uptight like that. Thats all i can say.

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
Blockbuilder that is because those women see themselves as fat asses as well. Do you really think they have the self esteem to date a guy who is in great shape when they believe they are not the same as him?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who cares what someone else eats. If you like/love the person, one would see past little things like that. It doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Blockbuilder that is because those women see themselves as fat asses as well. Do you really think they have the self esteem to date a guy who is in great shape when they believe they are not the same as him?
Yup I’ve done my own polling too, and most women love a softer guy to cuddle with etc. They think abs and hard bodies are great to look at but a lot prefer some softness for some reason, they say it feels better to touch/cuddle/etc. This was coming from both thick and extra fit women.

I’ve also heard from a group of women who said they wouldn’t be able to date someone who is hotter than they are.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup I’ve done my own polling too, and most women love a softer guy to cuddle with etc. They think abs and hard bodies are great to look at but a lot prefer some softness for some reason, they say it feels better to touch/cuddle/etc. This was coming from both thick and extra fit women.

I’ve also heard from a group of women who said they wouldn’t be able to date someone who is hotter than they are.
That last part seems to be indicative of confidence issues more than anything else. That also means if said person dates you, they think they’re hotter than you.

I’m also confused about the whole “softer” thing, because unflexed muscle is soft too. Unless you’re skinny, which would be boney, if you are lean and have a fair amount of muscle, your chest, arms, etc will be plenty “soft” when unflexed. Unless you’re constantly flexing while cuddling, this shouldn’t be a problem, and then you get the best of both worlds really.

Dobs27

Dobs27

Awards
I think what this really comes down to is If their eating habits are going to affect your eating habits.

After my last ex I told myself I would never date someone who isn't into the gym again. They sabotage. They dont understand the importance of macros or calorie consumption.

We would literally argue because I didn't wanna eat the dinner he would make every night. But he would never make anything that I could eat on regular basis that wouldn't **** up my gym progress. And that was fine. Eventually I stopped arguing and would eat small portions. Set me back about 15 pounds.

Cheat meals are one thing but someone with an unhealthy lifestyle...different. eat them cookies, but dont shove them in my face and taunt me lol

I like cookies too. It's just not the day for them

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I wish, it would make me cheat even less, we would share the same/similar passion about diet. And a woman like this, is definitely in some short of training.

Much much better than having a partner that cant take a break from cheat food while you are trying to build a better self and most importantly to pass a healthy style to your 2years old son.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That last part seems to be indicative of confidence issues more than anything else. That also means if said person dates you, they think they’re hotter than you.

I’m also confused about the whole “softer” thing, because unflexed muscle is soft too. Unless you’re skinny, which would be boney, if you are lean and have a fair amount of muscle, your chest, arms, etc will be plenty “soft” when unflexed. Unless you’re constantly flexing while cuddling, this shouldn’t be a problem, and then you get the best of both worlds really.
Ya I agree with all of this. IMO it mostly all comes down to confidence and security issues.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya I agree with all of this. IMO it mostly all comes down to confidence and security issues.
It’s just a bad foundation to try to build a relationship on. Either:

-she won’t want you to get in better shape, because then she’ll think you’re out of her league and scared you’ll leave her

-she’ll leave you if she gets in better shape, as she was just “settling” with someone who she though wasn’t as hot as her; once she’s in better shape she’ll think she can “settle” with someone in better shape

Neither of these are a good basis for a healthy relationship IMO.