Would transdermal Epi Andro be easier on lipids than oral?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nope, it's going to have the same effect if you took it orally or any other method. Transdermal administration just bypasses first pass metabolism on the liver.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nope, it's going to have the same effect if you took it orally or any other method. Transdermal administration just bypasses first pass metabolism on the liver.
But epi Andro is a DHT prohormone. So it shouldn't be too hard on lipids or liver anyways.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Go with Ultra Hard! Has epi andro and Androsterone, which compliments the epi andro. It is Transdermal, and excellent. I currently have a log up. It is not harsh on lipids (not like a methylated compound) or liver.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Go with Ultra Hard! Has epi andro and Androsterone, which compliments the epi andro. It is Transdermal, and excellent. I currently have a log up. It is not harsh on lipids (not like a methylated compound) or liver.
plus i saw where androsterone improves lipids.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For this purpose there is no difference based on administration - but T is correct there is data suggesting Androsterone can actually help cholesterol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For this purpose there is no difference based on administration - but T is correct there is data suggesting Androsterone can actually help cholesterol
i was already a big fan of androsterone, but that study is icing on the cake!!!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks guys for the info! Yes, I plan on going with Ultra Hard too after seeing Valiant’s great results!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For this purpose there is no difference based on administration -
Why would you say it would make no difference in administration? Wouldn’t the fact that it doesn’t have to pass through the liver like orals and also that the transdermal absorbs better so less milligrams need to be dosed make a difference to reduce lipid impact?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
atlanta blm activist charged with fraud for misappropriating $200, 000 from donations.

blm rep arrested on prostitution/human trafficking charges.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why would you say it would make no difference in administration? Wouldn’t the fact that it doesn’t have to pass through the liver like orals and also that the transdermal absorbs better so less milligrams need to be dosed make a difference to reduce lipid impact?
I do think you're over complicating the logic on this. All substances must pass through the liver - transdermal application bypasses the first pass through the liver. So, we can use lower quantities of actives in order to achieve similar results...there are additional benefits for using transdermal applications too, like extended release by buffering in the dermis, greater conversion via enzymes in the skin, etc. But, the impact on things like lipids and HPTA suppression are not dictated by delivery, but by the active that reaches the bloodstream. Since epiandrosterone and androsterone are not generally considered to have considerable hepatoxicity, regardless of method of administration, I don't believe they should cause lipid issues stemming from compromised liver function. The impact would stem from other more complicated pathways that aren't dependent on the delivery, but the effect of the serum level of steroids

rgerhart5

Awards
That’s not true necessarily, it’s not as simple as that. Ex. HDL will 100% not get hit as hard by utilizing a transdermal. Same things go with transdermal SARMs vs oral. Bioavailability is better with the oral, but you skirt the very negative hdl lowering

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s not true necessarily, it’s not as simple as that. Ex. HDL will 100% not get hit as hard by utilizing a transdermal. Same things go with transdermal SARMs vs oral. Bioavailability is better with the oral, but you skirt the very negative hdl lowering
can you expand on this with an explanation on why?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I assumed he meant to say bioavailability was better transdermal than oral?
Yes but in regards to sarms I am not sure we have that evidence. SARMS were designed to be taken orally so I believe by and large their oral absorption is decent.

If anyone has any lit. ref. on TD sarms please post it would be interesting.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes but in regards to sarms I am not sure we have that evidence. SARMS were designed to be taken orally so I believe by and large their oral absorption is decent.

If anyone has any lit. ref. on TD sarms please post it would be interesting.
oh I don’t disagree that the oral absorption is normally decent but as long as the Dalton size is appropriate then I’m not sure why TD would be worse? Not going through the first pass is only likely to improve absorption or at least equal not (ie not make it worse).