Would ADVAIR and/or FLONASE impact my HPTA negatively?

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
My GP just wrote me a script for Advair and Flonase in order to combat my allergies. Since both meds have some sort of steroidal substances, Do they have any negative impact on my HPTA? This is very important to me as I have just recovered my HPTA, been feeling pretty well, and I don't want to take anything that may set me backwards. Please let me know before I embark on these meds.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
I would think not since Flonase isn't a testosterone based steroid. I'm also on it for allergies, so I wouldn't be concerned with it.

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
Corticosteroids can lower T production, via HPTA inhibition. But I don;t think you'll be getting enough to really make a difference.

But taking LESS drugs is always the way to go.
Thank you Dr. John. I knew you were the one who would know abut this. I could not trust an answer from my regular GP.

Although I'm probably not getting enough corticosteroids to make a difference on my HPTA, my paranoia will deter me away from these meds for the time being. Like I've said, I feel that my HPTA has been humming along nicely since the last two months and I will do whatever it takes to keep it this way. :) In the mean time, I'll try Allegra and see how it goes.

christopher

Awards
  • Established
Call me a dumb a s s , but what is HPTA?:think: