Would 7-oxo raise Oestradiol or DHEA?

BritCitFutsie

Awards
Hi again sorry for making another thread further to my other but this seems like a totally different question. Prior to my upcoming cycle I thought I would get my bloods checked. The results came back and Oestradiol and DHEA are high.
As far as I can see this could be from 1 of 4 things..
- a medical problem
- the 11-oxo I ran last autumn
- the 7-oxo I am taking right now for dieting
- venlafaxine I have been on for many months

I reckon it might be the 7-oxo, do any of you have any thoughts? Cheers

(With my own relatively limited understanding I reckon it seems likely the 7-oxo is responsible for the raised DHEA but I am not sure about the oestradiol)

Last edited:

BritCitFutsie

Awards
Thought it might be relevant to add in the specific results.
I am thinking I should stop 7-oxo and maybe my current test booster product and test again in a couple of weeks, see if the DHEA and Oestradiol are heading down by then

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A quick google search reveals this about Venlafaxine:

Studies have demonstrated that venlafaxine increases serum estrogen levels in male patients39 and ovariectomized rats.

Next I think; 7oxo, being a metabolight of DHEA is probably either showing up as DHEA via conversion or the test may not be able to tell the difference in the two.

BritCitFutsie

Awards
Dam... I genuinely didn't consider it could've been as simple as that.
This is why I'm glad I joined a forum, I lack common sense sometimes trying to figure all this stuff out solo I miss so much thanks R1.

I have recently cut my venlafaxine dose from 150mg/day to 75mg/day .. I did this in advance of my upcoming cycle as I want to limit liver & kidney stress, and i figure it must be less strain to process 75mg than 150mg.

But yes this does make sense.

Makes me even more keen to get off venlafaxine completely sometime, but I won't rush this process as I have to acknowledge that actually it has been pretty good for me and if it wasn't for venlafaxine I probably wouldn't have gotten the energy last year to start working out every other day again!
A price for everything I suppose

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A quick google search reveals this about Venlafaxine:

Studies have demonstrated that venlafaxine increases serum estrogen levels in male patients39 and ovariectomized rats.

Next I think; 7oxo, being a metabolight of DHEA is probably either showing up as DHEA via conversion or the test may not be able to tell the difference in the two.
7 oxo/ 7keto is not supposed to convert back to dhea, its also non hormonal and it shouldnt effect dhea levels. I dont know All the details so im not 100% positive. But in theroy it shpuldnt be able to effect dhea levels.

BritCitFutsie

Awards
Well this is it I am a little surprised about it - I am specifically using 7-oxo during this off period as I was under the impression it didn't affect hormones... But maybe it's as R1 suggests and the test just can't tell the difference

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well this is it I am a little surprised about it - I am specifically using 7-oxo during this off period as I was under the impression it didn't affect hormones... But maybe it's as R1 suggests and the test just can't tell the difference
I dont think its possible

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I lost the first link, wtf. Sorry I'm rushing around trying to get ready for work I'll look for it later

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Interesting... In that case I wonder then if it is either also related to the venlafaxine... OR I take a test booster product, maybe that... As they both make some sense relative to the commentary that came with the blood test
Post the label for the test booster you're taking

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
7 oxo/ 7keto is not supposed to convert back to dhea, its also non hormonal and it shouldnt effect dhea levels. I dont know All the details so im not 100% positive. But in theroy it shpuldnt be able to effect dhea levels.
nvm I missed somethin

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I wouldn't even call that a test booster, But......

Maca can raise dhea and cortisol levels and ginsing can lower cortisol and make your dhea more availible to use. Now I do not know if thats like test vs. Free test or whstever. But if we put all that aside, maca and panax ginsing have effects on dhea and cortisol levels.

Now here's my next question, What are your symptoms..... And what did your previous blood work look like Before you were taking any of these things

BritCitFutsie

Awards
Symptoms? I wouldn't say I have any symptoms... I was just getting these bloods done before my upcoming 11-oxo + Epistane, as I know it is advisable to do this and in my 20's when I was last serious about lifting, supplements, DS/PH etc, it was something i didnt bother with.... But perhaps now at 40 I am older and wiser.

But yes I wouldn't say I have symptoms as such, working out has been going OK, weight holding steady around 195lb (88kg) but with some improvements occuring in conditioning over recent months.

So these bloods were effectively hoping to be the "before" picture I could compare to after the epi+11oxo... The only other bloods I have had done was just a testosterone test in 2021 after my vasectomy which was 13.1nmol/L so substantially less than the current 21.4, but that's the only thing that can be compared to anything else

BritCitFutsie

Awards
Oh yes and sorry you're right in that it's not actually marketed as a test booster... I have been taking it on and off for so long now I forgot about it, but I think I had been reading good things about maca which is in some test booster products so I think of it as a herbal test booster but yes it isn't actually marketed as one.