Worrisome Blood Pressure Readings.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What’s everybody’s thoughts on acceptable blood pressure on and off cycle. And when to start worrying.

I know what the generic charts say, but I also know AAS is going to change your numbers as will heavy exercise.

I’ve seen a few videos with sports doctors saying the diastolic number is more of a concern. If it stays high, your system is getting any pressure relief between heart beats.

Just curious on thoughts and experience with blood pressure while on cycle

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What’s everybody’s thoughts on acceptable blood pressure on and off cycle. And when to start worrying.

I know what the generic charts say, but I also know AAS is going to change your numbers as will heavy exercise.

I’ve seen a few videos with sports doctors saying the diastolic number is more of a concern. If it stays high, your system is getting any pressure relief between heart beats.

Just curious on thoughts and experience with blood pressure while on cycle
I would say if its consistently in the red get some help, if its bouncing from mid to high. I wouldnt worry while on cycle.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
its not quite that simple as a few factors can play a role in altering what your ‘normal bp’ range should be (age for example). Ranges are pretty wide as well, so you may naturally sit higher or lower in range anyway.

My personal policy is to monitor off cycle and have a good baseline of normality (I typically sit towards the lower end of range) and then mongor on cycle. It’s if I’m seeing a significant shift that I perceive more of an issue. So for me if I suddenly jumped to right at the top of range that’s quite a hike and I may want to consider some additional supps to address it whereas someone who naturally sits high may only move a few points up but be out of range, yet that’s less of a concern (as some increase on cycle should be expected).

Whilst important to monitor and clearly if very high then it might be a problem my understanding of blood pressure is that being high ish isn’t an issue if only for a short period of time. It’s the sustained high bp that can be problematic......

Just my thoughts anyway