Working out once a week

Mr_11B

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Im in the army and I can only lift on the weekends. Will I still be able to see results if I can only hit upper body on Saturday and legs on Sunday. Because I'm not sure if I can see results this way

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Yes you can see results. The thing you may have to deal with due to infrequent training is DOMS. I used to get severe DOMS training just once a week which is a main reason I train 2x week. Stick to heavy compounds lifts on your training days.

Mr_11B

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yes you can see results. The thing you may have to deal with due to infrequent training is DOMS. I used to get severe DOMS training just once a week which is a main reason I train 2x week. Stick to heavy compounds lifts on your training days.
You think I could gain 5 pounds in 3 weeks of lifting once a week... This will be the first time if used weights in 6 months everything up to this was push-ups ... 6 months ago I lifted every day though.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't say if you personally will be able to gain that much. It depends on your level of development, experience, potential, diet, stress and how hard you push yourself. It's doable for a beginner and possibly an intermediate trainee. If you've lost some size in the down time you will usually gain it back quickly due to muscle memory.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
You think I could gain 5 pounds in 3 weeks of lifting once a week... This will be the first time if used weights in 6 months everything up to this was push-ups ... 6 months ago I lifted every day though.
5 pounds isn't to terribly hard to gain in a 3 week time span. Just dont expect all of that to be muscle. Your muscle memory will kick in and you should see some gains comming back.

Mr_11B

Awards
  • First Up Vote
5 pounds isn't to terribly hard to gain in a 3 week time span. Just dont expect all of that to be muscle. Your muscle memory will kick in and you should see some gains comming back.
Yeah I lost 20 pounds while I was in Afghanistan due to being stuck outside the wire in combat zones with like one meal a day

Spencyyj

Spencyyj

Awards
I couldn't say if you personally will be able to gain that much. It depends on your level of development, experience, potential, diet, stress and how hard you push yourself. It's doable for a beginner and possibly an intermediate trainee. If you've lost some size in the down time you will usually gain it back quickly due to muscle memory.
I agree with eric here, you'll gain some in the first few weeks but only working out a day or two will be hard to see any noticeable gains IMO. But if you go hard enough those two days you should see decent results, although it won't be comparable to a full workout week of course.

Mr_11B

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I agree with eric here, you'll gain some in the first few weeks but only working out a day or two will be hard to see any noticeable gains IMO. But if you go hard enough those two days you should see decent results, although it won't be comparable to a full workout week of course.
Of course ... This will only last a couple weeks in like two weeks ill be able to work out every day

Spencyyj

Spencyyj

Awards
Oh well then I wouldn't worry to much about gaining these next two weeks, just get your body used to the routine

Spencyyj

Spencyyj

Awards
Oh I know! I've been out this week due to a back injury and it blowzzzz

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
I feel the same way bro. When my ship goes underway. Never anytime to lift. It's either you can chose to lift or sleep. And always missing meals because of watch

Mr_11B

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I feel the same way bro. When my ship goes underway. Never anytime to lift. It's either you can chose to lift or sleep. And always missing meals because of watch
Yeah we were outside the wire in Afghanistan every day for 3 weeks and we usually got 1 or two MREs a day and it really ****ed my size up.