Working out 3 or 5 times a week?

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Which is better for gaining mass? I've always loved working out 5 times a week, it just feels so good! I've never tried working out 3 times a week but everywhere I've read they say 3 times a week is best for optimum muscle growth... why is this? Wouldn't 5 times a week be better because you are constantly training?

eggplant21

eggplant21

Awards
Which is better for gaining mass? I've always loved working out 5 times a week, it just feels so good! I've never tried working out 3 times a week but everywhere I've read they say 3 times a week is best for optimum muscle growth... why is this? Wouldn't 5 times a week be better because you are constantly training?
I believe that it is all up to the intensity. The higher the intensity, the longer the recovery period needed. I used to work out five times per week, but as I learned to work my muscles harder and harder my body began to feel overtrained. For instance, DC training supposes just three days per week, but the workouts are so intense that five days per week would to be too much. I love working out so this cutback has been hard, but the gains in size and strength more than make up for it. You should look into DC training if you've never tried less than five days per week.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
I believe that it is all up to the intensity. The higher the intensity, the longer the recovery period needed. I used to work out five times per week, but as I learned to work my muscles harder and harder my body began to feel overtrained. For instance, DC training supposes just three days per week, but the workouts are so intense that five days per week would to be too much. I love working out so this cutback has been hard, but the gains in size and strength more than make up for it. You should look into DC training if you've never tried less than five days per week.

Yeah, I've heard good things about it, I'll definitely look into it..

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you like structure, organization, and simplification, a typical HST program also works on a 3 day schedule.