Work /business

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Who’s job /business got effected by covid 19 and all the looting ?
I know I did.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hope you're doing alright. It's been business as usual for me except for lack of travel.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope you're doing alright. It's been business as usual for me except for lack of travel.
Our bakery went from 7 shops and 10-15 individual orders twice a week to 2 shops and 3-5 individual orders so may have to close shop. We can’t pay our employees at this rate . Pick your poison: Pandemic, lockdowns, riots, quarantine, fear, unemployment, people that did not see the bigger picture...Shall I go on?? apologies for my frustrations.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Our bakery went from 7 shops and 10-15 individual orders twice a week to 2 shops and 3-5 individual orders so may have to close shop. We can’t pay our employees at this rate . Pick your poison: Pandemic, lockdowns, riots, quarantine, fear, unemployment, people that did not see the bigger picture...Shall I go on?? apologies for my frustrations.
Vent away if it helps! It's a really bad situation and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer anytime soon. I consider myself extremely lucky and have tried to help out in the neighborhood as much as possible...I tip more at the restaurants that I frequent for carryout more than when I used to be able to sit down in them! But I have plenty of friends and family who are struggling big time.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Vent away if it helps! It's a really bad situation and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer anytime soon. I consider myself extremely lucky and have tried to help out in the neighborhood as much as possible...I tip more at the restaurants that I frequent for carryout more than when I used to be able to sit down in them! But I have plenty of friends and family who are struggling big time.
Adjustments.JPG

We use to bake 5 times as much as example IMG_1698.JPG

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any one else effected ??!?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I work at 12 bay Auto Repair Shop, we retained all of our employees but it was tough, we went from 25-30 appointments a day to 5-6 for about 8 weeks. Things are back to normal now but we project we will be running in the red till then end of the year. At least we were able to keep everyone paid and insured and make sure than could feed their families. Life is Good.

We do get to work on some cool cars !!

Cobra.jpg

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a used car salesman, and it's pretty rough. Before covid, I could reasonably expect to sell a car a day, obviously with exceptions here and there, but now 2-3 a week is typical. Oddly enough, I've been seeing about the same amount of customers, maybe just a few less, but with so many people on unemployment or working reduced hours, financing has been more difficult.

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I do gov. contracting research for my company, and it's drastically affected what opportunities are left after trying to compensate for all the new covid-19 guidelines. Fortunately there haven't been any layoffs as of yet, and all of us can work remotely if need be, but everything is still uncertain.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I lost about 50% of my business for the first couple weeks, but my daily expenses went down at the same time so it didn't hurt. Then after a few weeks of ppl being stuck at home business picked up double time. Mainly do painting and I guess everyone spending all that time at home made them want to paint everything.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm a used car salesman, and it's pretty rough. Before covid, I could reasonably expect to sell a car a day, obviously with exceptions here and there, but now 2-3 a week is typical. Oddly enough, I've been seeing about the same amount of customers, maybe just a few less, but with so many people on unemployment or working reduced hours, financing has been more difficult.
He's a car salesman, don't trust him!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do gov. contracting research for my company, and it's drastically affected what opportunities are left after trying to compensate for all the new covid-19 guidelines. Fortunately there haven't been any layoffs as of yet, and all of us can work remotely if need be, but everything is still uncertain.
Wow. That’s scary . Sorry to here that . Hope you don’t loose your job. :)

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I work at 12 bay Auto Repair Shop, we retained all of our employees but it was tough, we went from 25-30 appointments a day to 5-6 for about 8 weeks. Things are back to normal now but we project we will be running in the red till then end of the year. At least we were able to keep everyone paid and insured and make sure than could feed their families. Life is Good.

We do get to work on some cool cars !!

View attachment 194751
Beautiful car !

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The chemical plant i work at put us on a 7 on, 7 off schedule. 12 hour days or nights. It alternated each rotation. The 7 days was rough, but on that 7th day, we were paid double and a half.. I actually made more money these past few months.
I also refinanced my house so I didn't have a house note the past 2 months.
Like someone else mentioned, I too have been tipping wait staff heavily.. I used to wait tables, so I've always been generous. Now, they're getting around a 35% tip..

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The chemical plant i work at put us on a 7 on, 7 off schedule. 12 hour days or nights. It alternated each rotation. The 7 days was rough, but on that 7th day, we were paid double and a half.. I actually made more money these past few months.
I also refinanced my house so I didn't have a house note the past 2 months.
Like someone else mentioned, I too have been tipping wait staff heavily.. I used to wait tables, so I've always been generous. Now, they're getting around a 35% tip..
Great to hear things are going well for you, and I'm glad to see you are also sharing the wealth, these people work hard and it's good to see people going out of their way to help out, heck I've been tipping for take-out which I have never done before. Let's all just be kind to one another and help make the world a better place !!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have some pretty decent customers that order still during the pandemic

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Position eliminated. Everything moved to Corporate. I was a top performer as well. Even received a "well done" letter regarding performance above quota the day before the chop.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Position eliminated. Everything moved to Corporate. I was a top performer as well. Even received a "well done" letter regarding performance above quota the day before the chop.
Isint that nice....

you did a great job, now don't come back!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well that stinks !!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Two of my other shops stoped taking orders so I hope this off sets it

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fudge, San Diego closed gyms etc every thing for 4 more weeks , lame

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Fudge, San Diego closed gyms etc every thing for 4 more weeks , lame
[/QUOTE

That sucks, if you got a minute, check your alerts. I tagged you in a thread where there's some things you might be able to shed some light on for a few of us

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How do I see my alerts?