Wobmarvels let's go natural for a while (almost) and see what happens log.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Incidentally the rainbow candy flavour total war tastes amazing. For anyone from the UK it is just like refreshers.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To be honest I have been reading up more and more this morning and I think I'm gonna stick to the original plan. Pretty much everything I'm reading based on references to the scientific research then combined with anecdotal recommendations states that both lgd and rad should be ran for 6 to 8 weeks with a minimum of 5mg to a max of 10mg for lgd and 10mg/20mg for rad. A lot say that S4 should be ran at a max of 50mg if you want to avoid the vision sides or ran 5 days on 2 off but I don't like that idea. I have used S4 before at 75mg and sure enough at night I was pretty much blind. I remember having to get up in the night to see to my kid who was 3 at the time and even though there was low light in the room I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. Incidentally I had my eyes tested earlier this year and I have no issues with my optic nerves, retinas and my vision is perfect 20/20 in one eye and almost perfect in the other (just in case anyone wondered about long term effects)

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So for my workout regime I'm gonna mix things up a bit. I like the idea of hairy grandpa's high rep sets as I feel these will benefit my current issues with joints and sciatica.

Instead of a timed method though I'm gonna aim for single sets of 50 reps and make this a weekly full body workout. Something like:-

Squats
Deads
Bent over rows
Overhead press
Bench
Bicep curls
Skull crusher's

If I manage 50 reps will up the weight the following week. (Recon I'll be struggling with just the bar on skull crusher's lol)

Routine will be

Sunday: off (off to a flying start)
Monday: full body high rep single sets.
Tuesday: off
Wed: chest/tris
Thur: back/bis
Fri: legs/abs
Sat: off
Sun: off

Wed Thurs Fri will be more of your standard 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps exercises.

This way every body part gets trained twice a week and I get three rest days. A mix of light high rep and heavier work with decent volume.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
May do the rows face down on a bench to save the lower back.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I start this on Sunday. May just log it here. I feel if I start a new log I may annoy people if lethargy kicks my butt after 3 weeks and I fizzle out (wouldn't be the first time). Having said that starting a new thread may give me that extra drive to stay commited.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
May do the rows face down on a bench to save the lower back.
That’s my preferred method for almost all BB rowing. Ever since bulging a disc I don’t really play with bent over rows or t bar rows without chest support. Just risky business when heavy

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I've ordered a couple of extra 10kg weight plates and a new ez curl bar with smooth ends and quick release clamps like my barbell, my current ez curl bar is a screw lock (like my dumbbells) and it's a pain in the arse changing weights mid set. If I ever get working again I'm also thinking of a couple of adjustable dumbells where you turn a dial to change weight.
At least this will give me enough weights to get my barbell up to 225 lbs.

Decided to start a new log. Will set it up later today. Will be very basic.
Goals.
What I'm taking.
Any possitive or side effects.
Bodyweight.
Very brief summary of workouts.

Won't bother with diet or specific weights and exercises unless anyone asks.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Telephone interview tomorrow for manager of an outdoors clothing/equipment retailer. Not sure I want it but I'm just gonna close my eyes and think about the money and my kids....

Let's just say if I didn't get it though I'm not gonna flinch.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Telephone interview went well, or at least seamed to. Said I will hear from them in the next 2 weeks so we will see.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thoughts still the same? A bit indifferent to this job?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well the pay is more than I thought, plus it's a brand new store which is always nice. It doesn't open until October so I will be involved in hiring all staff, fitting the store itself and won't have the issue when you start in a new company as a manager and have three or four pissed off staff you have to manage that think they should have gotten the job. So I'm a bit more up for it. At the same time I won't completely get my hopes up. I'll go with the flow.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So had my interview today. Seemed to go okay. There are many other applicants though so I guess I now play the waiting game.

House is crazy just now. One of my wife's friends has had to go to hospital so we offered to take he kids until Friday. Now not only do we have our 5 and 8 year old boys we have a 4 year old girl and 5 month old baby boy too... Sleepless nights are great for gainz though right?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Turns out the baby's mum may be in hospital another week! Possibly going to regret our offer. I already have had to take dips and pull ups out of this week's workouts due to having to disassemble my dip station in order to make room for a cot. May try and reassemble it in a different room... Just need to persuade the wife that gainz are more important than a baby's welfare

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So had my interview today. Seemed to go okay. There are many other applicants though so I guess I now play the waiting game.

House is crazy just now. One of my wife's friends has had to go to hospital so we offered to take he kids until Friday. Now not only do we have our 5 and 8 year old boys we have a 4 year old girl and 5 month old baby boy too... Sleepless nights are great for gainz though right?
Good luck, sounds chaotic. I get tired running around after 1, can't imagine 4 at once!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gainz>babies. Jk of course. That’s a very kind and noble thing to do. And karma is a thing....

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is the weight of the baby? You could do one armed side laterals with it...or kettle bell swings.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is the weight of the baby? You could do one armed side laterals with it...or kettle bell swings.
He's only 5 months but pretty big, I swear he's like 5 kilos or something. Carried him home from the kids school the other day and had to keep swapping arms because I didn't want an imbalance in my physique.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's only 5 months but pretty big, I swear he's like 5 kilos or something. Carried him home from the kids school the other day and had to keep swapping arms because I didn't want an imbalance in my physique.
5 kilos? How much protein has it? 3 kg?