Wobmarvels let's go natural for a while (almost) and see what happens log.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Walk to work album today is "Master of Puppets"

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So first meal today is two bacon and sausage softies and two yum yums. Two hours on and I suprisingly don't feel like sh1t.
IMG_20190330_085202.jpeg
IMG_20190330_085208.jpeg

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cheat day is now in full swing so lunch is cheese balls (thanks for the inspiration DC) milky bar and chicken, still need my chicken. Oh and the kingdom hearts collection I picked up today for my kids... That's right... My kids.
IMG_20190330_121053.jpeg

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I've come to the conclusion that I should be obese. I've just polished off that lunch in around 20 minutes. The one meal consisted of around 2500 cals, 90g protein, 60g sugar, 130g starchy carbs and 80g fat.

The rest of the day will be standard so I have my protein shake and apple for this afternoon and this evening will be steak eggs and veggies as normal. Back on the diet tomorrow with the exception of the evening meal which I believe will be fish and chips for mother's Day (call me romantic). Still count that as only one day of cheating since my dinner today will be standard diet.

Also will be chest and shoulders work out tomorrow which will be earlier in the day since I'm off so will check back in then.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just looked back through my log and realised it's back I'm doing today. Maybe throw in some biceps finishers at the end. Doms in my legs are actually pretty crazy today. Breakfast was back to my smoked mackerel. Happy mother's day everyone... Although I believe it never the states it falls on a different day... Could be wrong.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How well are you progressing to reach your goal?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
At the moment I am just trying to get into the swing of not being on any kind of cycle whilst still making progress in my lifts be it either higher reps/sets/weight.

I am aiming to keep bodyweight at 190lbs (189 as of this morning) so basically recomping. I have some belly fat to reduce so have lowered carbs in my diet then am introducing protein back in as weight drops in order to keep the weight whilst leaning out. I expect it to be a long process.

The other thing that I have noticed is that in the last couple of years my age is catching up to me. I was one of those guys that was being asked for ID if I was trying to buy booze in my early thirties. I have never felt age was an issue and didn't see the big deal of turning 20, 30 or 40, I always felt like I did at 18. This last couple of years though, joints have started aching, I've pulled muscles and recently had hernia surgery. I've never lifted particularly heavy but I would have to say my goal at present is to still implement progressive resistance whilst keeping safe and injury free utilising the equipment I have at home. I have no intention of joining a gym. My wife, kids and job take up a lot of my time so it's all about being a guy in his mid forties making it work and staying in great shape whilst sharing the experience on here.

I get that that isn't of interest to a vast majority of guys on here looking for advice on the next cycle to reach 240lbs but if it helps motivate someone in my position who thinks they don't have the time or money to try and get in shape then I would be happy.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So after my cheat weekend meals I'm still 189 lbs. Back on the diet I recon I'll lose a couple of pounds this week then will reevaluate.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This has to be my video of the day.

https://youtu.be/A2wLYnoDdKI

A mixture of laugh out loud funny and some serious points that people need to listen too, at least people new to this that believe in short term complete transformations.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wob, in on the log! How old are your kids? I've got a little one in daycare, so I totally understand time constraints, feeling your age finally, etc. Feel like we have some similar things going on. Are you on the other side of the pond? Think I saw you talking about prices in GBPs.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wob, in on the log! How old are your kids? I've got a little one in daycare, so I totally understand time constraints, feeling your age finally, etc. Feel like we have some similar things going on. Are you on the other side of the pond? Think I saw you talking about prices in GBPs.
Hi, welcome aboard. My kids are 5 and 7... Hmm so I wonder if them reaching an age where they can start bickering is related to me falling apart lol.

I'm from Aberdeen Scotland.

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I've come to the conclusion that I should be obese. I've just polished off that lunch in around 20 minutes. The one meal consisted of around 2500 cals, 90g protein, 60g sugar, 130g starchy carbs and 80g fat.

The rest of the day will be standard so I have my protein shake and apple for this afternoon and this evening will be steak eggs and veggies as normal. Back on the diet tomorrow with the exception of the evening meal which I believe will be fish and chips for mother's Day (call me romantic). Still count that as only one day of cheating since my dinner today will be standard diet.

Also will be chest and shoulders work out tomorrow which will be earlier in the day since I'm off so will check back in then.
I know what you mean took Mrs to a fixed price Chinese, ate enough to keep a small army going, still have been pretty strict for 4 weeks

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okay I ended up doing back today.

Wide grip bodyweight pull-ups.

Narrow grip bodyweight chin ups.

15,12(with added 5kg),8(with 10kg added)

Barbell rows underhand grip.

35kg X 10, 50kg x12, 55kg x12,12

Inverted bodyweight rows, neutral grip.

Resistance band pullovers X 50

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Realised I accidentally posted my last back workout before editing today's changes so the post is correct now.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"off day" today so took some Mr Hyde (using up samples from my supplement cupboard). Brisk walk to work 2.8 miles in 35 mins then did 100 pushups, took me three sets 50,25,25 which is annoying because I'm usually about 80,20 but hey failure is failure I guess.

Then it was the fish and rice cake breakfast.

Album of the day was "somewhere in time"

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So quick review on Viper Rx. This is to replace the preworkout which I take every morning before my walk to work.

I am not looking for this to shed fat or help with a cut as such, that would be more to do with diet manipulation and cardio/workout structure etc.

This is purely for a morning pick me up, give me some pep for my walk to work and not crash.

"Just drink some coffee or take a much cheaper caffeine pill!!"

You at the back.... GET OUT!!

yes there are possibly way cheaper options out there if I'm not looking for a fat burner per se and to be honest better options if I am looking for a fat burner, at least as far as ingredient profiles go.

Taste is fine, not morish but not something I'll dread taking. I have watermelon, also comes in strawberry kiwi (which was the flavour I ordered ) you get the watermelon, it's decent. You then get the hit of the pepper extract giving a spicy aftertaste that lasts around 5 minutes. I down this I don't sip on it. Taste is similar to Bloodshr3d or Reclaim as far as the pepper hit goes. I believe Bloodshr3d has been reformulated now though so may not be like that any more.

Anyway decent slow perk up in awareness and energy, no crazy stim hit. Would be good for anyone wanting to do fasted morning cardio for example. It's been a couple of hours after taking and no crash either which is good. I had tried the pill version of this which also adds either juglias regia or aria jurensis (excuse spelling) I can't remember which so on paper they should give a better sense of well being but I prefer the more instant effects of the powder.
IMG_20190403_092808.jpeg
IMG_20190403_092818.jpeg

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout chest

Skipped the push ups today to see if it would leave more gas in the tank for bench presses. Didn't really do will put them back in although I did improve some lifts over that last chest workout.

Bench press

35kg X 20

55kg X 15

65kg X 12

70kg x 8, 6, 6

Bodyweight dips X 20, 20, 20, 20

Will introduce the weight belt again next time.

Dumbbell incline flies

17.5kg dumbbells x 12, 12, 12

Overhead dumbbell press

17.5kg dumbbells x 8, 8, 8

Arm still giving me some pain but can reduce it with slight changes to wrist position (even though the pain is in the upper arm)

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
At least my cupboard is leaving humanity behind even if I'm not quite yet.
IMG_20190403_173742.jpeg

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are the flavours of ISO Surge you got and how do you rate them? Never tried any of Mutant stuff. May be worth a try.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like mutant because price wise they are one of the most affordable brands yet their stuff also tastes great. They don't have any cutting edge preworkouts or such but I rate their bcaas, as good as primeval eaa max or prosupps hydro bcaas (except mutant don't have the eaas in the mix). Yet they are almost half the price.

I was using whey concentrate from myprotein or bulk powders but decided to switch to an ISO to aid digestion and figured I would try mutant since I buy the bcaas anyway and have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Banana cream was the first I got and the flavour tastes great in Greek yogurt and shakes. The flavour remains strong even with all the other ingredients in there which surprised me because usually with isolates you have to sacrifice some strength of flavour.

The other flavours I just got are birthday cake, mainly to spruce up my post workout yogurt, and chocolate cheesecake.

I'll let you know what I think once I've tried them.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I added some noodles to my evening meal tonight. Still with the steak, spring onions and baby sweetcorn. My weight is still falling off so thought I would add a few more carbs since it's a workout day. Still popped a couple of GDA pills though.
IMG_20190403_190229.jpeg

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just had some iso surge birthday cake in Greek yogurt before bed and.... GOD DAMN!!!

Taste is spot on, little blue and pink pieces through it (like other brands I know) have a sweet tasting crunch. Sorry didn't take a pic.

With 150grams Greek yogurt and 1 scoop macros are 220 cals 1g fat 8g carbs 41g protein.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I guess I'm on a cut... 185lbs this morning which is lighter than I've been in a long time. Also too much weight to be losing in a week. Decided to double the amount of oats in my afternoon shake and also got some almonds to have a handful midmorning. Overdid it today though and had two handfuls which along with the oats means I've eaten an extra 700cals today. Will stick to one handful in future giving me an increase of about 450 cals per day. See how it goes.
1554464538197.jpeg

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So just am off on holiday for a week starting tomorrow. Caravan holiday with the family. Don't think there is a gym where I'm going but there is a pool plus I will be taking my air fryer, blender and some supps. It's mainly about family time though.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Figured the new forum layout out, now following again.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So just am off on holiday for a week starting tomorrow. Caravan holiday with the family. Don't think there is a gym where I'm going but there is a pool plus I will be taking my air fryer, blender and some supps. It's mainly about family time though.
Enjoy! Always good to have some down time.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's an interesting "study"... Don't buy supplements folks!

The study revealed that many products were inaccurately labeled. For example, Factor D, one supplement taken by a patient, did not list any anabolic androgens. Tests revealed it contained an unknown steroid as well as three other anabolic steroids: tetrahydrocorticosterone, stanozolol+, and methyldrostanolone+.
Where can I get this "Factor-D?" Looks promising, LOL!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So my boss calls me today on the last day of my holiday to give me the news that it has been decided to close my store.

Next week I get to discover if I'm to be offered a lesser paid position or if I will be made redundant, I can't wait.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So my boss calls me today on the last day of my holiday to give me the news that it has been decided to close my store.

Next week I get to discover if I'm to be offered a lesser paid position or if I will be made redundant, I can't wait.
I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will find a better opportunity. Maybe it’s a sign for better things to come!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

****. I'm also in crisis with my store. Partly due to online sales and the sales sinkhole that fortnite caused. I'm now in the middle of activating any resources I have to switch completely to urban development -but I'm wandering a dangerous path, no failures allowed at all. Suffering max stress atm.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
****. I'm also in crisis with my store. Partly due to online sales and the sales sinkhole that fortnite caused. I'm now in the middle of activating any resources I have to switch completely to urban development -but I'm wandering a dangerous path, no failures allowed at all. Suffering max stress atm.
The writing has been on the wall for a while. It was always a case of when not if. The company I work for has two stores in the city I live though so I may be offered a role in the other. It will be a lower salary though because the managers position is already filled.

I have worked for this company for almost twenty years and have had a passion for the products my whole life. I will cling on whilst I can but there is obviously a minimum level of income I need to support my family.

I would be due redundancy pay though so worst case scenario is I leave with a few months pay which buys me some time to find something new.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So just an update. Diet whilst on holiday was pants. Currently 192lbs, mind is totally preoccupied with my employment or lack thereof at the moment so posts will be few and far between. Tried an arm workout today but my heart's just not in it. I should find out this coming week what the future holds so will update when I know more.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So just an update. Diet whilst on holiday was pants. Currently 192lbs, mind is totally preoccupied with my employment or lack thereof at the moment so posts will be few and far between. Tried an arm workout today but my heart's just not in it. I should find out this coming week what the future holds so will update when I know more.
Hope it all works out for you.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hope things turn out positively for you man. My suggestion is, take the job and actively look for another.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did the recent real estate meetings go well?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back on the diet for less than 48 hours and weight back down to 189lbs. Junk food water weight comes of quick if you catch it fast enough.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did the recent real estate meetings go well?
Yes, first steps are taken, long way to go. I need a hefty dose of luck to pull that off in time. I lose monthly about $1.5k since May 2018. All depends on how quick I'm able to sell my properties, invest again -and sell again. So far, I only got payment offers with a swap, like a House in Madrid, Spain as payment and stuff like that. For being a pessimist, I'm fairly enthusiastic on this. Worse case scenario, I may find myself in Spain in future.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dinner tonight was 3 whole egg omelette with ham cheese and mushrooms plus a thin cut steak.
IMG_20190415_183955.jpeg

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still feeling mentally drained about work just now. Gonna be strict with diet and workout maybe only twice per week on my days off. Means next workout will be Thursday.

Shop closes a week tomorrow then I have one week of crazy amounts of work boxing everything up to send to other stores before I have to hand the keys back on the 30th. I have a meeting on Wednesday to discuss my options.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good luck with that!
The more I think about it the more I feel redundancy could actually be the best option. I have worked for this company for almost 20 years, the way redundancy pay works here I should get the best part of 6 months pay plus another couple of months of notice pay.

That would clear some debts to the point where if I could find a job in a couple of months, even one that pays less I will actually be better off due to being debt free. Still a gamble though.

I want to discuss this on Wednesday to see if I've got my maths wrong. If I am offered a position on the same pay though I will probably take it since redundancy would still be on the table further down the line.

Retail doesn't pay much so it's not like I'm used to living like a millionaire or anything anyway.