Will NP ever sponsor body recomp contest?

djl

Awards
  • Established
Be really cool to have the contestants using all NP-sold items. Not one of the many one-company-only supp contests, but rather the complete arsenal of available supps sold by NP.

The contestants would purchase all of their contest supps from NP, and their diet, workouts and ALL supps they've purchased would be viewable by all.

We'd see the progress the contestants make, see the supps they're buying, and consider purchasing those supps ourselves since they're working for the contestants.

I think a contest of this sort--with every supp sold by NP fair game--would really boost the contestants AND the audiences supp knowledge and intelligent supp purchases from NP.

NutraMan

NutraMan

Board Sponsor
Awards
THis is actually not a bad idea.

The only problem is that it is hard to certify what people are adhearing to the rules and only using the product(s) available and not other illict substances to win a contest.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This sounds great. I would actually be very game for this.
Hmmmm, good idea!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established

The only problem is that it is hard to certify what people are adhearing to the rules and only using the product(s) available and not other illict substances to win a contest.
Make them sign waivers, and leave it up to their morals and more importantly - their word.
We have faith in NP, have some faith in us. ;)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established

it would be a great way to push a promo though for nutraplanet and other sponsors. I do agree with you on that illicit substance thing though. I saw on bb.com about this dude who got down from fat to like contest condition in 2 months. He was obviously using something but for 50,000 dollars you sorta cant blame him.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its a good idea but my guess is these contests are quite a bit of work to set up. And I'd assume NP is busy with some other things at the moment (like a killer sale).

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im all game! there some pretty strict rules no wal-mart supplements or any other company?

any prizes?

I mean the bulk of my supplements are from Nutraplanet I used a few b-vitamins, alphapholis, echinicaa from wal-mart and get a few supplements from Gnc if there on sale. thats up to the person or people who make the rules for the contest only one can follow them. a thread started with all the rules is a good idea to make this happen.

and heres another idea we have to post all the supplements we use and they have to be from Nutra. or do they..lol . Nutraplanet decides.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Im all game! there some pretty strict rules no wal-mart supplements or any other company?

any prizes?

I mean the bulk of my supplements are from Nutraplanet I used a few b-vitamins, alphapholis, echinicaa from wal-mart and get a few supplements from Gnc if there on sale. thats up to the person or people who make the rules for the contest only one can follow them. a thread started with all the rules is a good idea to make this happen.

and heres another idea we have to post all the supplements we use and they have to be from Nutra. or do they..lol . Nutraplanet decides.
I think in order for nutra to benefit, they would hold a contest with a company. (sorta like muscletech did with bb.com) bb.com gets sales and muscletech gets to mooch off some dude for 50g and say that he achieved his results due to muscletech.

So it could be something along those lines where a company would do the promo, nutra would benefit from the sales and everyone is happy.

I think that the contest would need to be pretty bad ass though in order for people to really buy the product and bring up sales.

(If anyone remembers the controlled labs contest, it was on such a small scale, no one cared.)

So it has to have a prize big enough for people to care which would ultimately lead to trolls who cheat.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think in order for nutra to benefit, they would hold a contest with a company. (sorta like muscletech did with bb.com) bb.com gets sales and muscletech gets to mooch off some dude for 50g and say that he achieved his results due to muscletech.

So it could be something along those lines where a company would do the promo, nutra would benefit from the sales and everyone is happy.

I think that the contest would need to be pretty bad ass though in order for people to really buy the product and bring up sales.

(If anyone remembers the controlled labs contest, it was on such a small scale, no one cared.)

So it has to have a prize big enough for people to care which would ultimately lead to trolls who cheat.
you have good points

I'd do a small one just because the majority of my products are Nutraplanet as I'm sure all the Nutraplanet users would as well.

djl

Awards
  • Established

I was thinking sales of ALL of NPs products would drive NPs profit. I don't know their profit margins on any of their products, but maybe 3-5% of contest sales goes into a "pot" to be distributed among the winners?

A special coupon code--assigned by NP and unknown to anyone else but each contestant--could be used to indicate a contestant purchase.

Could have votes along the duration of the contest of who's currently doing the best. Perhaps have a sale for the supps that that person is using. Different set of products on sale and promoted each week?

If done right, this sort of open-ended-product contest could be a very exciting thing to follow (AND participate in!). Educational for everyone, NP would get a ton of marketing exposure, AnabolicMinds.com would get marketing exposure, too.

If you could get around the problem of folks using non-NP items (and gray- black-market items), then this contest could really be absolutely fantastic for everyone.

At the end, the products used by the winners could be heavily promoted. 10% off winner's stash, 5% off runner up, 3% off 3rd place (those, of course, were just examples of what could be done).

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
well on the idea of contests mental twitch and I are currently running one and doing pretty well to be honest. its alot of work, but its cool. and I think they should have to show a proof receipt or something just as the other contest has that cellardude spoke of.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking sales of ALL of NPs products would drive NPs profit. I don't know their profit margins on any of their products, but maybe 3-5% of contest sales goes into a "pot" to be distributed among the winners?

A special coupon code--assigned by NP and unknown to anyone else but each contestant--could be used to indicate a contestant purchase.

Could have votes along the duration of the contest of who's currently doing the best. Perhaps have a sale for the supps that that person is using. Different set of products on sale and promoted each week?

If done right, this sort of open-ended-product contest could be a very exciting thing to follow (AND participate in!). Educational for everyone, NP would get a ton of marketing exposure, AnabolicMinds.com would get marketing exposure, too.

If you could get around the problem of folks using non-NP items (and gray- black-market items), then this contest could really be absolutely fantastic for everyone.

At the end, the products used by the winners could be heavily promoted. 10% off winner's stash, 5% off runner up, 3% off 3rd place (those, of course, were just examples of what could be done).

bigger prizes would be needed Like Nutrabucks or products.

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
We actually had something like this in the works last year with a large company, but it fell through. This is something we want to do in the future but we want to do it the right way. This will take a lot of planning to do it correctly.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Honestly, there is little reason to limit to only NP products.. If people can use PH/PS off there, then everything should be fair game.. Either make it a natural thing, or allow it all.

Maybe a more fair way to do it would be to set a minimum you have to "buy in" to be eligible for this contest, this way you know everyone is using atleast xx amount of products from nutra.

djl

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, there is little reason to limit to only NP products.. If people can use PH/PS off there, then everything should be fair game.. Either make it a natural thing, or allow it all.

Maybe a more fair way to do it would be to set a minimum you have to "buy in" to be eligible for this contest, this way you know everyone is using atleast xx amount of products from nutra.
NP offers PH.

And the reason to limit purchase to NP products is because they'd be sponsoring the thing and should get the benefit of that.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
NP offers PH.

And the reason to limit purchase to NP products is because they'd be sponsoring the thing and should get the benefit of that.
Umm I know they do.. and that is my point.. If people can use PH/PS then let it be a "whatever you want" thing..

As for your second point... I am not sure if you actually READ my post..lol I said make a minimum that everyone has to spend, in order to be eligible. That will actually work out to be more in their favor then just saying "you can only use NP products"

djl

Awards
  • Established
Umm I know they do.. and that is my point.. If people can use PH/PS then let it be a "whatever you want" thing..
Because NP will be making money from this, and getting good exposure. Why would they allow people to "play" if they're using items from a competitor?

As for your second point... I am not sure if you actually READ my post..lol I said make a minimum that everyone has to spend, in order to be eligible. That will actually work out to be more in their favor then just saying "you can only use NP products"
Yeah, I read your post, I just don't agree. Forcing people to purchase $xx amount of supplements is not the way to go (IMO, of course). You end up turning away folks who can't afford the cost of entry (and if it's so miniscule that anyone can afford it, then why have a minimum purchase).

----

It doesn't sound as if they'll be doing anything like this in the near to almost-near future anyway, though.