Will lowering estrogen help me lose fat on stomach/chest

Linkedcube

Awards
Hi, I never have taken any anabolics. I am overweight and know I have to lose fat before I can start test. I am having very hard time losing fat in my chest and stomach. I am losing fat everywhere except my torso, and feel very weak still. Will an estrogen blocker help me lose fat in chest, and increase my testosterone?

Razzaa

Awards
Hi, I never have taken any anabolics. I am overweight and know I have to lose fat before I can start test. I am having very hard time losing fat in my chest and stomach. I am losing fat everywhere except my torso, and feel very weak still. Will an estrogen blocker help me lose fat in chest, and increase my testosterone?
No

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That depends whether or not high estrogen is the cause. Have you had blood test indicating high estrogen? What’s your diet, training and cardio like?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What other symptoms of high estro are you experiencing?

Only time lowering estrogen will work for stubborn areas(Assuming estrogen is normal) is when you’re already sub 10%. It will enhance the appearance by drying you out a bit too.

If you’re over that body fat and estrogen levels aren’t high, it may help boost test but results won’t be as noticeable

If you do have high estro well that can definitely hinder fat loss and cause other issues

Gabe95

Awards
Thanks for asking, Im facing the same issue.

Linkedcube

Awards
Thanks for asking, Im facing the same issue.
Get your estrogen and estrone tested, and make sure it is estrogen sensitive test. If your estrogen is high, a aromatase inhibitor will
Help you to lose fat, and gain muscle. Just make sure to be careful with the dose so you don’t crash your estrogen too much

Gabe95

Awards
Get your estrogen and estrone tested, and make sure it is estrogen sensitive test. If your estrogen is high, a aromatase inhibitor will
Help you to lose fat, and gain muscle. Just make sure to be careful with the dose so you don’t crash your estrogen too much
How would I go about getting that tested?

Gabe95

Awards
Would this help? Everlywell

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Its probably y’alls diet that needs adjusting Honestly. Diet is key to all this including getting your hormones balanced out.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Generally speaking higher body fat will lead to higher estrogen (rather than the other way round).

Lowering estrogen isn’t going to help you lose weight in those areas unless you have gyno (which may be too far gone to address simply with an ai) or you are actually just holding a lot of water (which is a side effect of high estrogen).

i would get it checked along with your testosterone as hormonal imbalances can absolutely affect fat loss but low testosterone is the bigger culprit. The one I would definitely check is cortisol, that directly affects your bodies ability to store fat - high cortisol will be more of an issue than anything.

but in reality, this is most likely a diet issue (I’m saying this just from having being through major weight lose myself and training many others since) and/or down to the fact we all have areas we hold fat until last. For man it is often the lower stomach but if you have been very over weight the chest is also likely as the skin will be loose and makes it look worse (loose skin may be impacting this -if you check my summer cut log you’ll see me with abs but fat looking pockets on the chest and lower stomach 🤷)

Ducatti

Ducatti

Awards
Generally speaking higher body fat will lead to higher estrogen (rather than the other way round).

Lowering estrogen isn’t going to help you lose weight in those areas unless you have gyno (which may be too far gone to address simply with an ai) or you are actually just holding a lot of water (which is a side effect of high estrogen).

i would get it checked along with your testosterone as hormonal imbalances can absolutely affect fat loss but low testosterone is the bigger culprit. The one I would definitely check is cortisol, that directly affects your bodies ability to store fat - high cortisol will be more of an issue than anything.

but in reality, this is most likely a diet issue (I’m saying this just from having being through major weight lose myself and training many others since) and/or down to the fact we all have areas we hold fat until last. For man it is often the lower stomach but if you have been very over weight the chest is also likely as the skin will be loose and makes it look worse (loose skin may be impacting this -if you check my summer cut log you’ll see me with abs but fat looking pockets on the chest and lower stomach 🤷)
I fully support this opinion, I had the same and the hormone test is one of the main parts that you must go through before changing the balance!

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Getting good sleep from what I hear as well
**** if that was the case I would be chunky as hell. I sleep like **** after the military. I just watch what I eat and keep it clean and workout. i was one of those that were prone to gain fat easy always have. But once my diet was in check no issues.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
**** if that was the case I would be chunky as hell. I sleep like **** after the military. I just watch what I eat and keep it clean and workout. i was one of those that were prone to gain fat easy always have. But once my diet was in check no issues.
I don't sleep well either and I do the same. Just ensure 90% of the time your diet is in check :)

Shredmn21

Shredmn21

Awards
Keep in mind that low estrogen can hinder fat loss as well. Estradiol is extremely important and you should always aim to keep it balanced at a healthy level. Too low and you’ll have side effects, including reduced fat loss and muscle gain. Too high and you’ll also have side effects, although side effects can be similar for both high and low estrogen levels. Don’t play the guessing game, just have a estradiol sensitive assay test done. It’s important to make sure the test is the e2 sensitive assay though, non sensitive assays won’t give you an accurate number as a male.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Try DIM.

It is supposed to work by balancing E1 and E2. I've found it very effective at reducing accumulation of fluid around belly and chest.

Jock.Bu

Jock.Bu

Awards
This^ and eating cruciferous vegetables as much as reasonably possible to help modulate Estero levels.