Will low dose deca effect blood work for trt?

GaldTemp

Awards
If I add 300mg a week of deca to trt or maybe just 200mg or lower if needed would it effect blood work in anyway that would alert the doc or raise an eyebrow?

This would be meant to be long term by the way. If it would effect it how so and to how much? Can I pull this off?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If I add 300mg a week of deca to trt or maybe just 200mg or lower if needed would it effect blood work in anyway that would alert the doc or raise an eyebrow?

This would be meant to be long term by the way. If it would effect it how so and to how much? Can I pull this off?
Yes, it will affect it.

I'll try to leave the specifics to sone guys who are on TRT, and may know more about the details.

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or, you could get deca as an ajunct from your TRT clinic ;)

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn’t really say 300mg of deca as low dose honestly.. maybe I think much more conservative these days especially when you follow you tubers like more plates more dates Derek.. it really proves that a little can go a long way... any way low dose to me would be like 100mg added to TRT

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get off all things for a month prior to blood work. Don’t need my doctor dropping me since she has been my endo for years before she even prescribed my trt. She has me at 200mg a week of test cyp and don’t want her to lower it due too other readings

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s not exactly a low dose added to TRT. What is your goal?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

after 1st year I only get bloods tested for hormonal panel once a year for my annual checkup. they schedule this well in advance and I avoid hormonals for at least a month. I might get bloods tested for other stuff on occasion, but they don't do a hormonal panel for the other stuff.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That will effect your bloods. Deca can show up as testosterone

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That will effect your bloods. Deca can show up as testosterone

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have seen 50mg a week being used alongside trt. 300mg is of course a cycle territory.

I would personally be worried about the potential hazard to the heart and blood vessels that deca's high collagen synthesis and calcium retention may cause.

mjdel05

Awards
  • Established
Ya 300 would definitely be too high to be used long term. Seen plenty of people who use 100 with their trt though.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have seen 50mg a week being used alongside trt. 300mg is of course a cycle territory.

I would personally be worried about the potential hazard to the heart and blood vessels that deca's high collagen synthesis and calcium retention may cause.
Yeah I was just prescribed 50mg a week. 300 is a cycle for sure

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah I was just prescribed 50mg a week. 300 is a cycle for sure
But long term, even just 100 test and 50 Deca can do something. You will be able to maintain a higher amount of muscle than if you had average natural test levels.

I was maintaining more muscle and was stronger on 100mg test a week than I have been previously/now naturally.

Which is logical. Say I am producing 4mg a day naturally. 70mg is heck of a lot more than 28mg.

Unfortunately, maintaining high test levels leads to cardiac hypertrophy. Results are in from my echo so I will post when I get home.

Last edited: