will i lose weight with 2 meals and a snack a day?

tooty

tooty

Awards
i can't eat throughout the day like some can and so i plan on having breakfast, dinner and a snack.. has anyone else lost weight from similar eating plan? xxx
breakfast:
2 rye bread with tuna mayo and sweetcorn
workout:
pre-workout or matcha latte with protein and creatine.

25-30mins zumba/skipping and 10-15mins of resistance band training. total 30-45mins of exercise.
dinner:
whole-wheat pasta/basmati rice, Quorn mince, passata, tsp pesto, mushrooms, broccoli, bit of mayo
snack:
home made almond butter cookies (ing: almond butter, manuka honey, coconut flour, crushed banana, dark choc chips, raisins, vanilla whey)

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
yes, as long as you're in a caloric deficit you should be able to lose weight. if you are trying to maintain muscle and stay out of a catabolic state then skipping lunch is not the best idea. i use the myfitnesspal app and track everything to make sure the numbers look good - this is the most accurate way to approach this.

for food this is what has worked for me
breakfast - 2 scoops of huel with 2 cups of milk (560 cal, 56g protein)
lunch - turkey burger on a GF roll, plant based cheese, 1/2 avocado spread on the bun OR salad with grilled chicken. Also a protein shake. (~550 cal)
dinner - lean meat + sweet potato/roaster potatoes + vegetable
in between - 2-3 protein shakes or oikos triple zero

90-10 rule is OK - eat clean 90% of the time

only concern with your foods above is the portion size, this is critical for losing weight. you should feel a little hungry after each meal which is good, just drink 1-2 glasses of water with each meal

without body stats it is hard to determine your calorie and macro targets for weight loss, but in general prioritize protein, carb then fat. I've lost 20lb since January by tracking calories and macro balance

tooty

tooty

Awards
yes, as long as you're in a caloric deficit you should be able to lose weight. if you are trying to maintain muscle and stay out of a catabolic state then skipping lunch is not the best idea. i use the myfitnesspal app and track everything to make sure the numbers look good - this is the most accurate way to approach this.

for food this is what has worked for me
breakfast - 2 scoops of huel with 2 cups of milk (560 cal, 56g protein)
lunch - turkey burger on a GF roll, plant based cheese, 1/2 avocado spread on the bun OR salad with grilled chicken. Also a protein shake. (~550 cal)
dinner - lean meat + sweet potato/roaster potatoes + vegetable
in between - 2-3 protein shakes or oikos triple zero

90-10 rule is OK - eat clean 90% of the time

only concern with your foods above is the portion size, this is critical for losing weight. you should feel a little hungry after each meal which is good, just drink 1-2 glasses of water with each meal

without body stats it is hard to determine your calorie and macro targets for weight loss, but in general prioritize protein, carb then fat. I've lost 20lb since January by tracking calories and macro balance
i don't want to obsess over counting calories it makes the whole process aggravating and sometimes it can even cause an obsession in people.
i will be doing two cups of pasta or basmati rice for each meal. 1 cup of everything else. eating 3 times a day is the best i can do as i end up feeling sick.
I can add in a protein shake i guess just for good measure?
i appreciate your suggestion and i will def consider it.

i'm 5ft 1, i dnno what i weigh i don't have scales. only picture references. not as organised as everyone else. i feel a lot of what people do, doesn't work for everyone. i lost weight when i was eating less with minimal exercise.

Last edited:

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
i don't want to obsess over counting calories it makes the whole process aggravating and sometimes it can even cause an obsession in people.
i will be doing two cups of pasta or rice for each meal. 1 cup of everything else. eating 3 times a day is the best i can do as i end up feeling sick.
I can add in a protein shake i guess just for good measure?
i appreciate your suggestion and i will def consider it.
i completely understand, especially given different lifestyles and perspectives. once you get the hang of tracking, its not too bad. when you start seeing the results its even more motivating, i will tell you that. i followed this method because i really wanted to see results and not feel like i am wasting time. you can also look at it with this lens - you are essentially training yourself about foods. you will learn what has good and bad macro values, and how much food your body needs to lose, maintain or gain weight. you can certainly take a casual approach but if you want results you also need accountability, which tracking helps out with

tooty

tooty

Awards
i completely understand, especially given different lifestyles and perspectives. once you get the hang of tracking, its not too bad. when you start seeing the results its even more motivating, i will tell you that. i followed this method because i really wanted to see results and not feel like i am wasting time. you can also look at it with this lens - you are essentially training yourself about foods. you will learn what has good and bad macro values, and how much food your body needs to lose, maintain or gain weight. you can certainly take a casual approach but if you want results you also need accountability, which tracking helps out with
i mean, i have already done pretty decent swaps so far. i gained weight stuffing my face with chocolates and drinking pepsi and doing 0 exercise, at all. for years lol these days i drink more water, swapped pepsi for pepsi max cherry. wholewheat and more fruits. greek yog etc etc. sometimes i will have my almond cookies.. other times roasted apples with greek yog and vanilla protein.
and i work out.

i tried to track my meal on myfitnesspal and i didn't reach the calorie deficit goals and that's the thing.. if i ate anymore i'd throw up. i feel sick after a certain amount of food. lol so maybe it's my destiny to be fat.. who knows. i will try my meal plan and if it doesn't work i will go back to the drawing board. i only started last wed. thank you for your help, it means a lot. wish me luck lol hella luck

Last edited:

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First post had it right. Makes no diffrence how many meals you eat as long as you are in a deficit. You could diet on chocolate and lose weight if you wanted to. Lol as long as calories are low enough. You need to find low calorie foods that you like so you can eat enough that your not hungry while staying in a deficit. If you can do that weight loss is easy.

tooty

tooty

Awards
First post had it right. Makes no diffrence how many meals you eat as long as you are in a deficit. You could diet on chocolate and lose weight if you wanted to. Lol as long as calories are low enough. You need to find low calorie foods that you like so you can eat enough that your not hungry while staying in a deficit. If you can do that weight loss is easy.
i see.. 2 meals, just... bulk style? hmmm.. well i add lots of other stuff to my pasta a full little box of pasata, 1tsp tomato pesto, sprinkle of salt, cup of mushrooms, cup of brocolli, cup of quorn beef mince and a table spoon of mayo. i love my mayo so i make sure to not go overboard on calories so i can have my mayo. it's the only thing i can't live without lol

i appreciate that bit of info, thank you ^_^ i guess i will have to go through the grueling process of counting calories.. at least once just to get an idea of what i'm consuming per day.

appreciate the help. thank you ^_^

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
i see.. 2 meals, just... bulk style? hmmm.. well i add lots of other stuff to my pasta a full little box of pasata, 1tsp tomato pesto, sprinkle of salt, cup of mushrooms, cup of brocolli, cup of quorn beef mince and a table spoon of mayo. i love my mayo so i make sure to not go overboard on calories so i can have my mayo. it's the only thing i can't live without lol

i appreciate that bit of info, thank you ^_^ i guess i will have to go through the grueling process of counting calories.. at least once just to get an idea of what i'm consuming per day.

appreciate the help. thank you ^_^
we are here to help, you came to the right place. i've been on this forum for years, many helpful people here. we will point you in the right direction. for many foods you like, there is a low calorie / "light" version. is light mayo a possibility to try? sometimes it is a difficult adjustment since "light" versions dont always taste as good. but your body will adapt over time and you will be proud of yourself. you can empower the change! :)

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
we are here to help, you came to the right place. i've been on this forum for years, many helpful people here. we will point you in the right direction. for many foods you like, there is a low calorie / "light" version. is light mayo a possibility to try? sometimes it is a difficult adjustment since "light" versions dont always taste as good. but your body will adapt over time and you will be proud of yourself. you can empower the change! :)
Yep.

Most mayo .... 100% of the calories come from fat.