Wife Positive for Covid-19 mid-cycle

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Hi my wife tested positive for Covid-19 while I am 3 weeks into epiandro, androsterone, icon one cycle. Would you cut it now assuming I am going to get it? or keep going until I show symptoms?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi my wife tested positive for Covid-19 while I am 3 weeks into epiandro, androsterone, icon one cycle. Would you cut it now assuming I am going to get it? or keep going until I show symptoms?
Do you have to self isoiate?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nearly everyone I know that has tested positive had either no symptoms or slight cold like symptoms. If it were me I'd power ahead. For some reason it seems to be bad luck and a lot of us catch something mid cycle anyway. I'd much rather have covid vs. The flu....and the flu would knock you down for a week or so. Gotta build!

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nearly everyone I know that has tested positive had either no symptoms or slight cold like symptoms. If it were me I'd power ahead. For some reason it seems to be bad luck and a lot of us catch something mid cycle anyway. I'd much rather have covid vs. The flu....and the flu would knock you down for a week or so. Gotta build!
Assuming you have a normally functioning immune system

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Ya they recommend isolating but can still run outside and have free weights here.

Very strange how it impacts everyone differently. Wife has been running a 102 fever and really struggling

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Id keep at it and only shut it down if you have to. Pretty common to only be affected for a few days.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If she’s only just tested positive then you most likely already have it if your gonna get it bro (not everyone exposed gets it, my wife/soon to be ex is a doctor in the uk, leads a covid ward and tested negative for antibodies, no one could believe it. Literally daily exposure.

your not running a crazy harsh cycle so I’d keep it going and if it does hit ya hard just ease off and recover like you would with any cold or flu

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
On a more serious note I agree with whisky. You’re on a light cycle and it’s very doubtful it’s affecting your immune system and how you would react to a virus so I wouldn’t drop it. Plus, why drop it before even being sure you have it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am sorry to hear about your wife. I hate to give any false hope, but I highly recommend that you make sure she has plenty of Vitamin D (and you do too) in her system without going overboard. Personally, I've been taking and recommending 10,000 iu to anyone who will listen.

Vitamin D is often touted as fixing or preventing everything, and I believe that is way overblown. And the data available for Covid is less than proof, but I feel it is very compelling with little risk for the potential gain.

This study from March-April shows a statistical correlation only, but that correlation basically says that 85% of covid patients with normal Vitamin D levels had mild cases and only 7.2% of these patients had severe cases. In contrast, 72.7% of the vitamin D deficient patients were severe cases and only 1.4% were mild. That, to me, was pretty darned compelling even though it doesn't prove causation.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3571484

A more recent study in the last couple of weeks suggests this is more than correlation:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.01.20087965v3

There are currently about 20 ongoing studies on Vitamin D and Covid - some testing if giving patients vitamin D after they have been diagnosed with Covid improves outcomes. The risk of taking 5,000 or 10,0000 iu/day is really small in an otherwise healthy population and in my non-medical opinion, the reward could potentially make such small risks well worth it.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well i for one dont believe that since you are on cycle that it makes you more susceptible to complications from covid.

However, if you have to self-isolate, cant go out and enjoy yourself, cant go to the gym and train to your fullest potential etc yes, imho it puts a big question mark over the whole "why i cycle in the first place ?"
Where i live, sudden covid breakout and potential quarantine lays ahead. I only started the cycle week ago so its not too bad if i stop, oh well.

But if i was 3, 4, 5 weeks in, yes of course i would be pissed.

But... that is just me. AAS make me extroverted, i want to hang out with people, go to parties, chase girls haha etc...off cycle i dont do ANY of that stuff as i have no interest in those things. In a way, AAS bring back my teenage years 😀

But you may be different...this is just my .02

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does your wife have any respiratory symptoms?

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Awesome info! thanks for all the replies
im pretty sure i had it back in march before it took off. missed 2 weeks of work just because they didnt want me to be there. could have gotten by with 2 or 3 days. it felt like a mild flu...wasnt bad at all...i wouldnt over think it or over stress about it just follow safety guidelines and carry on unless it does hit you hard...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
im pretty sure i had it back in march before it took off. missed 2 weeks of work just because they didnt want me to be there. could have gotten by with 2 or 3 days. it felt like a mild flu...wasnt bad at all...i wouldnt over think it or over stress about it just follow safety guidelines and carry on unless it does hit you hard...
So you got tested and it came back positive? Or did you get a serology test?