Why Is Muscle Shaming Still Happening?

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
WHY IS MUSCLE SHAMING STILL HAPPENING?

Muscle Shaming seems to be alive and well in mainstream life, the workplace, and especially on social media. Unlike other forms of discrimination, those who engage in this type of insensitive behavior can do so in many different ways. For example, a common way is to speak with the eyes only. A disapproving look can say everything words can. If a dirty look is accompanied with other non-verbal body language (e.g. nods of the heads or shrugging of the shoulders) it can compound the offensiveness. Some people can also look away from someone, which is a pretty rude thing to do to a totally random stranger.

READ: https://www.ironmaglabs.com/2021/why-is-muscle-shaming-still-happening/

Attachments

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Interesting read. I also notice at work (none of the other guys lift) that everyone wants to try extra-hard to out-do me when it comes to lifting heavy stuff. I manage a warehouse and yard full of farm equipment (tillers, gates, panels, barbwire etc) and lifting is a huge part of the job.

These guys think my muscles are just show and they will do stupid stuff like pick up two 70lb bags at once (struggling and looking stupid as hell) to prove they're stronger than me (I don't care to show off). I usually ignore it or laugh it off, but it's ridiculous how guys think they're just stronger without any training. It's also dumb to assume muscles are just water and there's no strength behind my gains lol.

I've heard many comments on how jacked guys are dumb... not sure why people believe such nonsense. I think it's jealousy at the end of the day, as these guys aren't disciplined enough to train like I do and still work hard at a physically demanding job.