Why EOD for Aromasin when it's half life ≈ 24 hours

theanarchist

Awards
Title says it all pretty much.

I ran some quick math and doing Aromasin EOD pretty much becomes stable at 4/3*(dose) on the day of and 2/3*(dose) the day off. That's not exactly level. For 12.5 EOD it's effectively 16.4 and 8.2 day on and off. So the question is why do we always hear EOD dosing? Is it just because it's hard to do less that 12.5 with RC's being small volume of fluid? Just curious.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In men the half-life of Aromasin is closer to 10 hours.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup, aromasin is around 10h not 24.

As to the OP's question; although aromasin has a short half life, it can be dosed less frequently because estradiols half life is 3 days!

theanarchist

Awards

As to the OP's question; although aromasin has a short half life, it can be dosed less frequently because estradiols half life is 3 days!
Gotcha. So I guess I can keep doing EOD then. Thanks,

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Can you elaborate on this? With aromasin being a suicide inhibitor wouldnt you simply be concerned with how long it would take the aromatase enzyme to regenerate? Not seeing how the half life of estradiol plays a role in this.

Been wondering about this myself lately as I'm having a helluva time dialing in my exem dose.....so genuine question - not arguing your point Jinsun. I'm hoping if I understand the mechanism better I'll be able to figure out my own shlt

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No, you are right. I think I messed up.

Anyway, the biosynthesis of the aromatase enzyme takes some time. 3 days after cessation off taking exem, blood plasma estrogen levels rise back 40% (I think).

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
“Exemestane's half life in the male body is actually very short (~9 hours) and it is quickly eliminated, however, since as soon as it enters your bloodstream it quickly destroys 80-90% of the aromatase enzymes present in your body, it is effective in maintaining significant reductions in estrogen for up to 72 hours after a single 25mg dose. Estrogen levels only begin to rise again after your body has begun to make new aromatase enzymes to replace the ones destroyed by exemestane.

There is a great study on the pharmacokinetics of exemestane in men which found the following:
-24 hours after one 25mg dose estrogen levels are reduced by 70-80%
-72 hours later estrogen levels are still 40% below baseline even though the drug itself is almost completely eliminated
-120 hours after initial dose estrogen levels return to baseline (without rebounding)”

I copy and pasted this from a thread on elitefitness; it’s definitely a great read. Hopefully it answers your question.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
“Exemestane's half life in the male body is actually very short (~9 hours) and it is quickly eliminated, however, since as soon as it enters your bloodstream it quickly destroys 80-90% of the aromatase enzymes present in your body, it is effective in maintaining significant reductions in estrogen for up to 72 hours after a single 25mg dose. Estrogen levels only begin to rise again after your body has begun to make new aromatase enzymes to replace the ones destroyed by exemestane.

There is a great study on the pharmacokinetics of exemestane in men which found the following:
-72 hours later estrogen levels are still 40% below baseline even though the drug itself is almost completely eliminated
-120 hours after initial dose estrogen levels return to baseline (without rebounding)”

I copy and pasted this from a thread on elitefitness; it’s definitely a great read. Hopefully it answers your question.
Thanks AG.. that is very helpful

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks AG.. that is very helpful
No problem man, I can link the whole thread if anyone wants; it’s got some pretty interesting info on aromasin. Definitely an awesome aromatize inhibitor. I have bloodwork from back when I was using it along with 150mg of test, and my free test to total test ratio was insane due to it’s effects on shbg.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
-120 hours after initial dose estrogen levels return to baseline (without rebounding)”.
I wonder if this is after 1 dose. I bet the estrogen returns more slowly after consistent dosing.

Great discussion here! I dont have a study to cite, just some general knowledge so I would certainly appreciate opposing views.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wonder if this is after 1 dose. I bet the estrogen returns more slowly after consistent dosing. .
I dont think so...anecdotally..
I took my estro entirely too low 2 weeks ago using only aromasin as an a.i. of course I was going crazy bc I didnt realize it until my di<k didnt work...then kinda woke up to how bad my knees and wrists were hurting me.( easy to put on blinders when you get lean with that thin skin!) Anyway, it took about 2.5-3 days and my trouser snake started working..by day 5..maybe 6...he was back in full action and my joints feel 1000%better. Honestly I expected it to take much longer.

AG - if it's not much trouble link up that thread or shoot me a p.m. havent had enough time to get this all down but it seems all I find is bro science OR it's written at a level where I cant really use the data to help myself.

Tired of the a.i. game - just want to figure a dose and be done!

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wonder if this is after 1 dose. I bet the estrogen returns more slowly after consistent dosing.

Great discussion here! I dont have a study to cite, just some general knowledge so I would certainly appreciate opposing views.
Yea it said it was after a single 25mg dose. Not sure how it would work after consistent dosing.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
“SHBG concentrations were decreased by 21 ± 7% (P = 0.0003) and 19 ± 39% (P = 0.18) at 25 and 50 mg exemestane, respectively. Free testosterone concentrations were increased by 117 ± 74% (P = 0.0001) and 154 ± 95% (P < 0.0001) at both doses, due to the decrease in SHBG and the increase in total testosterone.”

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
“SHBG concentrations were decreased by 21 ± 7% (P = 0.0003) and 19 ± 39% (P = 0.18) at 25 and 50 mg exemestane, respectively. Free testosterone concentrations were increased by 117 ± 74% (P = 0.0001) and 154 ± 95% (P < 0.0001) at both doses, due to the decrease in SHBG and the increase in total testosterone.”
This was the results that a single dose of aromasin (25mg and 50mg) had on shbg and free testosterone. https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/88/12/5951/2661508

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No problem man, I can link the whole thread if anyone wants; it’s got some pretty interesting info on aromasin. Definitely an awesome aromatize inhibitor. I have bloodwork from back when I was using it along with 150mg of test, and my free test to total test ratio was insane due to it’s effects on shbg.
Exemestane and ATD are my all time favorite anti estrogen drugs. They both work extremely well.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Exemestane and ATD are my all time favorite anti estrogen drugs. They both work extremely well.
I’m just surprised how not more people aren’t using exemestane. It’s literally 20x better than arimidex or letrozole.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m just surprised how not more people aren’t using exemestane. It’s literally 20x better than arimidex or letrozole.
Well to a point. Letro is way stronger and aromasin is not linear in it's effects. Like 50mg can only be 10% better then 25mg.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Letro is great for if you really want to crash your estrogen like now.

So, for emergency, crazy out of hand estrogen issues, yeah it’s always the go-to.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established

Interesting thanks for the info. Do you know what the half life and pharmakynetics of anastrozole are?

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting thanks for the info. Do you know what the half life and pharmakynetics of anastrozole are?
Also interested in this as my trt doc will only prescribe anastrozole, and not aromasin.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
People seriusly: google letrozole half life for fu*k sakes : )

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
No, you are right. I think I messed up.

Anyway, the biosynthesis of the aromatase enzyme takes some time. 3 days after cessation off taking exem, blood plasma estrogen levels rise back 40% (I think).
This