Why Eat Egg Yolks

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Why Eat Egg Yolks

After my recent YouTube video where I discuss about eating for your specific purpose of hypertrophy, lipolysis, health, and performance, I've had many different questions…all with the same theme…"why do you eat this?" If your a client of mine, you'll know everything I do has a reason and a purpose. Today I was asked "why do you eat the yolk of eggs?"

Egg yolks are beneficial for a numerous amount of reasons, far beyond simply hitting your protein and fat macronutrient requirements for the day. The yolk contains:
-high levels of carotenoids
-tremendous source of Choline
-yolks themselves have higher amounts of leucine when compared to whites
-roughly 50% oleic acid which is an omega-9 monounsaturated fat with the rest of the fat content being made up of saturated and polyunsaturated fats

Remember as well, fatty acid content levels (and every level in general) will vary egg to egg depending on how the chicken itself was raised and fed.

Consumption of one egg per day increases serum lutein and zeaxanthin concentrations in older adults without altering serum lipid and lipoprotein ch... - PubMed - NCBI
Whole egg consumption improves lipoprotein profiles and insulin sensitivity to a greater extent than yolk-free egg substitute in individuals with m... - PubMed - NCBI

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good info. I've always preferred whole eggs to whites

Clean gene

Clean gene

Awards
I eat (or drink) 2-6 raw eggs a day. If you're not cutting there is no reason to throw out the yolks.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fats in the yolks are also needed to absorb the fat soluble vitamins contained within eggs as well!

Great post Alex!

And the best reason to eat the yolks....they're damn tasty when having over easy eggs! Instant sauce!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Good info. I've always preferred whole eggs to whites
Thanks…and oh yeah! Who doesn't?! ;)

I eat (or drink) 2-6 raw eggs a day. If you're not cutting there is no reason to throw out the yolks.
Agreed

Fats in the yolks are also needed to absorb the fat soluble vitamins contained within eggs as well!

Great post Alex!

And the best reason to eat the yolks....they're damn tasty when having over easy eggs! Instant sauce!
Another great point! Thanks man! And I couldnt agree more!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Eggs are delicious!!!!!!!! Good post

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good share