Why Do We Inject in the Glutes? Big muscle? Fat? Low Muscle Circulation?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

I wonder why major injections are not done in the arm or other areas, but done in the glutes?

Why exactly is that?

Is it because the gluteus maximus muscles are the biggest muscles in the body. Is it because there is fat around the butt area? Or, because of low blood circulation and lack of hitting a nerve?

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
9FD9F66B-5830-42B2-8BB8-E693C8DD900B.jpeg

No, but seriously, glutes can handle a large load.

Ok, seriously serious this time. They are the largest muscle and handle large volumes of oil very well. I assume this is because the larger the muscle, the larger the blood supply, the easier it is to “absorb” and circulate larger amounts of oil. I’m not 100% sure, but this has always been my assumption. Could be completely wrong.

There is some concern for pissing off the sciatic nerve when doing glute shots though, so it is not without some risk. Albeit small if done correctly.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have tried injecting 3ml into my deltoids and it’s not easy or pretty. Small area taking a lot of oil. I moved on to my glutes and feels like nothing. Absorption wise, I don’t think there’s any difference. But, yeah, your glutes can take that pounding.. lol and I am not ready to inject into my lats or traps.

Crowy

Crowy

Awards
I want to move to delts and maybe chest injections next cycle . Glute injections are a pain in the ass...

Unless I can find an easier way to do it, but i have to twist then it takes ages to press the plunger down and sometime i go super light headed

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I want to move to delts and maybe chest injections next cycle . Glute injections are a pain in the ass...

Unless I can find an easier way to do it, but i have to twist then it takes ages to press the plunger down and sometime i go super light headed
If you don’t have to inject a lot of oil (for me 2.5ml is max on delts), then go for it.

Glute injection were a pain when I started injecting. Specially when you’re heavy.. Had the same problem of feeling light headed too. But, though this may sound obvious, I started consciously breathing properly while injecting and it started to feel better. Plus, I really don’t turn a lot. I find my outer glutes (gluteus medius) very easy to inject.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

what needle size?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I carnt remember now, pretty big though. Another reason I want to go delts is so i can get away with using a little needle lol
I pin glutes with 29 gauge but I guess I'm kinda lean. there's also VG glute injection site some people like. I just don't know if it will fit oil. I've heard yes and no

Last edited:
jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I carnt remember now, pretty big though. Another reason I want to go delts is so i can get away with using a little needle lol
The standard one I get is the 24G 1” that comes with the syringe.

If you’re going to do on delts 26G 1/2” is great. Pretty easy to inject and oil goes in without much hassle.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glute for any thing over 1 CC - Delt's for 1cc or less

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You want to inject in the ventroglutes, dummy! Not the glutes. Less nerves, blood vessels, and issues should you have an abscess than anywhere else in your body.
I'm just not sure where this is ??

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Sean1332 is about at the belt line of the waist ? I am have a hard time finding that spot ???

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Im sure VG blindness is a true medical condition, as much as i read about it, look at diagrams and feel around, i still have no got damn idea where it is, I'm actually starting to think i really was born without it i cant be alone here can i?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Im sure VG blindness is a true medical condition, as much as i read about it, look at diagrams and feel around, i still have no got damn idea where it is, I'm actually starting to think i really was born without it i cant be alone here can i?
I am right there with you, I may need someone to come to my house and mark the spot with a sharpie !!

Do we have any Nurses in the house? Where is Nurse Gray ?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure why the medical community picked glutes and delts specifically but a bigger muscle has more dispersion due to the injection spreading out. Esters and volume matter too since Test Undecanoate is only as long lasting as 3cc or 4cc injections. Lower volumes have shorter active lives.

Attachments

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@Sean1332 is about at the belt line of the waist ? I am have a hard time finding that spot ???
It’s a bit of a mindfuck at first but once you find it, it’s easy. Find some YouTube videos. In short, it’s between the greater trochanter (knobby part at the top of your femur) and the iliac crest (top part of your hip). If you look at skeletal pictures of that area, you can see how deep of a site it really is.

IMG_2610.JPG

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
it's right on your hip. my skin is really lean around the area. do some pinching and flex your hip

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For about 10% of people (my right glute) their sciatic nerve runs through the piriformis muscle instead of under it. If I accidentally hit my piriformis I inflame my sciatic nerve for about a month.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am right there with you, I may need someone to come to my house and mark the spot with a sharpie !!

Do we have any Nurses in the house? Where is Nurse Gray ?
Your nurse is here, ready for your shot?
when-you-are-the-only-male-nurse-in-the-unit-53641852.jpeg

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
did a full cc of glutathione into VG glute last night

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For about 10% of people (my right glute) their sciatic nerve runs through the piriformis muscle instead of under it. If I accidentally hit my piriformis I inflame my sciatic nerve for about a month.
Any way to know this without trial and error?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any way to know this without trial and error?
Not that I know of but that's basically how I learned about it talking with a PT after a bad injection.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is injecting better than ingesting ??
I've heard of some good liposomal glutathione, but all the ones I've seen are really expensive. I never tried them because NAC existed. something would have to be done to improve absorption for it to be worth it.

DemonDevster

Awards
Hi Everyone,

I wonder why major injections are not done in the arm or other areas, but done in the glutes?

Why exactly is that?

Is it because the gluteus maximus muscles are the biggest muscles in the body. Is it because there is fat around the butt area? Or, because of low blood circulation and lack of hitting a nerve?
Low nerve content look up the nerves of the body there is only really one big nerve which is the sciatic nerve running through it compared to other areas and the muscle is big so any disturbance to the tissue e.g oil injection wont have to bad of an effect so it wont effect to badly the muscles function. it doesn't get to much of a beating compared to say quads/ delts which are used 99% of the day depending on your job