Why do steroids stop working after some time?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Common theory is myostatin comes into play and your body becoming a custom to dosage. That's why people up dosages or change compounds

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ligand receptors can become less sensitive to hormones after some time at high doses.

Couple that with what's stated above about myostatin and there you have it.

Every six weeks, your body will become less sensitive, and myostatin will pulse higher. If you change the compounds or the training, you can inhibit that myostatin release, and by changing compounds you resensitize to the drugs effects.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Inb4 steronz never stop working, its you who stops working out hard BRAH

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone ever considered injecting follistatin (since it is freely available for purchase via numerous research chem. retailers) as a potential myostatin inhibitor?

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Has anyone ever considered injecting follistatin (since it is freely available for purchase via numerous research chem. retailers) as a potential myostatin inhibitor?
This supposedly works well, but according to Mike Arnold it is almost impossible to find legit follistatin

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the androgen receptor gets saturated and down regulated, meaning you would have to increase the dose to reach the same level of efficacy. I dont agree that simply changing the product will help much. Its not like there is a DHB recptor and a Deca receptor and a Test receptor.... ect ect. no, there is one androgen receptor for androgens to latch onto. Albeit some steroids bind tighter to the receptor than others. This makes them stronger or weaker, depending. As the receptor down grades if you switched to a tighter binding steroid then I suppose you could see some benefit of changing product. But in real life not many athletes are going to know this let alone just be able to get anything they might need to accomplish this.

the better approach is to up the dose as you go. also i believe that the receptors have "memory" and can recognize products you have used in the past, and the whole tolerance aspect comes into play. So if I was to pin 200 mgs a week of trest for the duration of the cycle, the following cycle I would need about 250mgs per week to realize the same effects as the first cycle.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the androgen receptor gets saturated and down regulated, meaning you would have to increase the dose to reach the same level of efficacy. I dont agree that simply changing the product will help much. Its not like there is a DHB recptor and a Deca receptor and a Test receptor.... ect ect. no, there is one androgen receptor for androgens to latch onto. Albeit some steroids bind tighter to the receptor than others. This makes them stronger or weaker, depending. As the receptor down grades if you switched to a tighter binding steroid then I suppose you could see some benefit of changing product. But in real life not many athletes are going to know this let alone just be able to get anything they might need to accomplish this.

the better approach is to up the dose as you go. also i believe that the receptors have "memory" and can recognize products you have used in the past, and the whole tolerance aspect comes into play. So if I was to pin 200 mgs a week of trest for the duration of the cycle, the following cycle I would need about 250mgs per week to realize the same effects as the first cycle.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Inb4 steronz never stop working, its you who stops working out hard BRAH
Actually they really never do stop working it’s just when bceome use to the new elevated feeeljng.. does TRT ever stop working? No.. you simply are just now use to a better quality of life but come off it for a while and you will see what it was like before.. if they stopped working then that would mean 200mg of test a week would eventually show really low blood levels of testosterone because of your tolerance which simply isn’t true. A set does of tersterone shows consistent bloodwork for years on end through TRT

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually they really never do stop working it’s just when bceome use to the new elevated feeeljng.. does TRT ever stop working? No.. you simply are just now use to a better quality of life but come off it for a while and you will see what it was like before.. if they stopped working then that would mean 200mg of test a week would eventually show really low blood levels of testosterone because of your tolerance which simply isn’t true. A set does of tersterone shows consistent bloodwork for years on end through TRT
I believe he is referring to the continued growth and progression, not how you feel or how much test you are metabolizing. That is in part why people that get on TRT gain weight in the beginning and can pack on a few pounds of lean muscle, but then stop. You aren't going to continually pack on muscle like that unless you up your dose or add in something else.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe he is referring to the continued growth and progression, not how you feel or how much test you are metabolizing. That is in part why people that get on TRT gain weight in the beginning and can pack on a few pounds of lean muscle, but then stop. You aren't going to continually pack on muscle like that unless you up your dose or add in something else.
correct

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It doesn't but it's like working out naturally.. After you've gone from 160 to 180 lbs and you're shredded your body says I need more food, more sleep etc etc. When you take gear your body says I need more gear or I need to take a break because my body just grew 10 pounds within 5 weeks. If a person would continually grow at the same rate with or without steroids, anyone going to the gym would be a monster.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The Big Question is. Why do people get fat, when they stop taking Steroids?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Suppressed testosterone and rise in cortisol is my guess
Exactly and overeating during pct and after because when they don't have the same protein synthesis etc
yup. also some dudes never really get the proper PCT down and realize an increase in estrogens.

like me right now.. I just came off a 20+ week cut, and in 3.5 weeks time, I have gotten softer and my stomach and love handles are holding more fat than they were a week ago. hostess rules my life after a diet like that. so I just prepare for it and try to not let it get out of hand. the bulk season starts in a couple days namsayin?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
yup. also some dudes never really get the proper PCT down and realize an increase in estrogens.

like me right now.. I just came off a 20+ week cut, and in 3.5 weeks time, I have gotten softer and my stomach and love handles are holding more fat than they were a week ago. hostess rules my life after a diet like that. so I just prepare for it and try to not let it get out of hand. the bulk season starts in a couple days namsayin?
I do namsayin

But i REALLY pudged out coming of DMZ lately. Horrible.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Right.. got you. Yeah luckily I've found a way to get away with eating things I shouldn't because I'm so strict every day it doesn't matter if I cheat. I think it's almost a guarantee that most people taking steroids will add fat after the cycle, at least their first run. Most people taking steroids or working out naturally don't eat good enough.. They can eat better than the average person but still not good enough for the expectations they have in terms of lean body mass. I think if I do another cycle anytime soon I'm just gonna eat whatever I feel like and cut after.. Gonna look like **** but it'll be amazing haha

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The Ectomorph The Endomorph The Mesomorph.

I would determine My body and overall health goal.

1.Research.
2.The right eating plan.
3.The right exercise plan.
4.Plan my workouts around my daily life.
5.Build a Foundation of Dedication and Discipline.
6.Give Myself a big window for ups and downs.
7.Set My end goals for 12 months.

When I have Successfully reached My goal or have done everything to reach My goal,and failed. Then I would consider taking Steroids.

Take the Slow,Sweaty, Burning Progression,and Educate yourself before taking Steroids..

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

That’s the problem with bodybuilding and that whole competitive lifestyle.. I have competed 4 times and contest prep diets or any diet to get that lean just causes an unhealthy relationship with food. I mean I have competed and been there done that in the past but you couldn’t pay me to diet like that again let alone 20 plus weeks. That’s 5 months of pretty much losing out and missing out on alt of **** because of such a strict diet. I mean I remember not being able to go out and eat because your Not measuring food or how it’s prepared and yeah it was hell really sucks. Unless you kinda do something dieffernt and not as aggressive but I would like to hear your thoughts on it

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This supposedly works well, but according to Mike Arnold it is almost impossible to find legit follistatin
Supposedly the Sarm (really more closely resembling a steroid than a Sarm by its molecular makeup) YK 11 may act as as myoststin Inhiibitor, but there are no human or animal studies on it so I wouldn’t touch it personally. You ever run it? Surprised Mike wouldn’t have mentioned that to you when you guys were posting about Myoststin Inhitibitors since MA Research probably stocks it.

faytrain1

Awards
  • Established
What’s MA research? I’m not familiar with these research sites

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What’s MA research? I’m not familiar with these research sites
Board sponsor that carrier various research chemicals such as AIs, Serms, and Sarms. Can come in handy when when your lab rat is gonna run a cycle lol!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is an interesting thread, that has raised a question in my mind.

I have been running test and deca, but I think both are way underdosed or bunk, based on my test only run earlier this year.

I bought deca and test from a different source and wanted to extend the run from supplies I bought from a new source. Should I just jump into the run with the new stuff or take a few weeks off between?

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Supposedly the Sarm (really more closely resembling a steroid than a Sarm by its molecular makeup) YK 11 may act as as myoststin Inhiibitor, but there are no human or animal studies on it so I wouldn’t touch it personally. You ever run it? Surprised Mike wouldn’t have mentioned that to you when you guys were posting about Myoststin Inhitibitors since MA Research probably stocks it.
If I remember correctly, Mike stated that follistatin is the only myo inhibitor that is strong enough to actually do anything worthwhile. He also stated that he tried numerous different brands, and only one was legit. And tat he put on like 10 lbs in a few weeks on it..

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm pretty sure it's not established how much follistatin injection helps if any. I also don't think it's clear wether it affects organs but it seems it increase the chance of organs shutting down. Most likely extra muscle added is associated with a greater food intake. Not saying it won't help but I don't think it helps to any high degree. There are foods to increase follistatin in the body.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is an interesting thread, that has raised a question in my mind.

I have been running test and deca, but I think both are way underdosed or bunk, based on my test only run earlier this year.

I bought deca and test from a different source and wanted to extend the run from supplies I bought from a new source. Should I just jump into the run with the new stuff or take a few weeks off between?
Bump on this question

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
lol

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I remember correctly, Mike stated that follistatin is the only myo inhibitor that is strong enough to actually do anything worthwhile. He also stated that he tried numerous different brands, and only one was legit. And tat he put on like 10 lbs in a few weeks on it..
Mike Arnold, are you allowed to say the name of the legit follistatin brand here?

Edit: I keep trying to tag Mike but his username won't highlight for some reason

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Edit: I keep trying to tag Mike but his username won't highlight for some reason[/QUOTE]

There's a space in his name, bro.">@MikeArnold, are you allowed to say the name of the legit follistatin brand here?

Edit: I keep trying to tag Mike but his username won't highlight for some reason[/QUOTE]

There's a space in his name, bro.