Unanswered Why do it at the gym?

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whenever I go to my local gym (New York sports club) there is always people doing gear in the toilets. It’s so damn annoying especially when you have to take a dump and next to you there is a guy standing for a min pinning himself. Is there really a need to do it here and not before you come???

I’m typing this as I take my pre workout dump and guy next to me is pinning his quads

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I always do it at home, my housemates dont know i have been self-prescribing trt ("how come that you have become hairier in the last few months, you looked like a teenage boy before"- makes me grin with joy 😁) .
In my country it is a grey area, but i would NEVER consider bringing gear anywhere public, let alone to my workplace.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m on actual trt (doc just upped my dosage from 200mg every other week to 200mg weekly) but I always do it at home. I bring the needle to work in my bag since we have a syringe bin at work.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m on actual trt (doc just upped my dosage from 200mg every other week to 200mg weekly) but I always do it at home. I bring the needle to work in my bag since we have a syringe bin at work.
Hahaha man i do the same thing, there is a syringe bin on my way to work, i pin in the morning when i am home alone before work, i always wrap everything left from injection and then throw it into the needle bin. That way nobody found out to date lol.

But i am not really stressed about it. If they find out, well, it is my thing.

Forget about legit trt in my country. First of all, if you are in your 20s they wont even consider it. If your levels are low, eat more healthy fats they say. Get more sleep.
And even if you get trt, it is nebido. Which is fine in itself. But damn man 1000mg every 12-14 weeks? I wonder whether they know anything about half lives.

and if you are not alone at home, well...there is always something in the attic that needs to be looked after, fixed etc.
Maybe you need to check the water heater in the basement as it has been running kinda cold lately 😂

Last edited:
BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m 40 years old and have been on thyroid meds for 8 years now and just started trt through my endocrinologist. I do blood work every month or two and she adjusts it as needed. I must say ever since I started trt my quality of life has increased 10 fold

Reactions: dvw
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That **** sounds nasty to me lol. I guess the only reasoning behind it would be hiding from wife I guess... which also sounds horribly stupid to me.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
i've been going to the gym for over 30 years and not once have witnessed any person doing gear in the bathrooms.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Heck, my wife does my injections for me. Keeper
bro I wish I’ll meet a girl like that one day that won’t judge me for what I am. One thing is sure I’ll never lie to a girl just to be in a relationship with her **** that **** that’s a beta move.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry dont want to sound disrespectful...
But why would an able-bodied man need someone else to give them an injection?
Once guys get big enough (or inflexible enough), it gets very hard to reach their glutes . I have a friend who is 250+ and his wife has to do his pins.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was over 250 and could reach glutes but i am pretty flexible.
Ever since i started quads i didnt pin glutes. And there are also delts and ventroglutes.

Especially if we are talking trt. 0.4-0.5ml once per week is like nothing. You can put it pretty much in any muscle group that can be pinned without significant pip.

Also the advantage of not pinning glutes is that you can use slin pins.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My gym is filled with guidos , they all look like some jersey shore rejects
That’s what I pictured. Or the beginning scene from 1993 in Pain and Gain in Florida. “UhOh, he’s using the juice!”
It’s 90% to show off
The other 10% are using slin or no ester gear and have a legit reason for pinning intraworkout/pre/post.
Or they are dumb shits and do everything during the “anabolic window”
Actually, who are we kidding, I still rush to have my big protein shake post workout just like I’ll lose my gains if I don’t.
Freaking muscle and fitness 1996 damn screwed my brain up for 20 years. I even totally believed Mike O Hearn was natty back then. I’d be eating fucking cayenne on everything to get all lean like him..... damn that’s embarrassing.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wish my wife would pin my glutes I’m 6’4 260 this morn and have a hard time doing it. Usually when I pin glutes I move the needle around a lot when the needle is in me. I know that’s not good so I stay with delts and quads

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s what I pictured. Or the beginning scene from 1993 in Pain and Gain in Florida. “UhOh, he’s using the juice!”
It’s 90% to show off
The other 10% are using slin or no ester gear and have a legit reason for pinning intraworkout/pre/post.
Or they are dumb shits and do everything during the “anabolic window”
Actually, who are we kidding, I still rush to have my big protein shake post workout just like I’ll lose my gains if I don’t.
Freaking muscle and fitness 1996 damn screwed my brain up for 20 years. I even totally believed Mike O Hearn was natty back then. I’d be eating fucking cayenne on everything to get all lean like him..... damn that’s embarrassing.
Is the anabolic window officially a myth yet? The last month I've been eating 90-120 min post workout for convenience and if anything gains have improved.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is the anabolic window officially a myth yet? The last month I've been eating 90-120 min post workout for convenience and if anything gains have improved.
IIFYM and IF pretty much changed a lot of old school thinking regarding bodybuilding diets. And personally the science behind it is pretty good.
But I’m still gonna put down 75grams protein after a workout in the form of a shake, I just don’t stress if I’ve eaten just prior to training, I may not do the shake if I don’t have time etc.
The whole 30grams every 3 hours assimilated is utter bullshit though. Talk to a 250lb guy that eats 2 150gram/protein meals during a 6 hour window and that’s all he eats. It’s cumulative for the day. If you need a certain amount of protein during the day, that’s what you need. Some days I eat 50grams before 6pm and 250 more from 6-11.
It doesn’t matter. But your body does really interesting things with calories post workout, so I cram in nutrients no matter what around a workout.
Messing with insulin showed me our bodies can do insane things with nutrients around that time.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes it’s a myth as long as you haven’t trained fasted. You may actually be getting better gains as training boosts your gh in that period straight after (that response is blunted by food) so with no negative impact by waiting but a positive one in terms of gh then it’s a smart move

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry dont want to sound disrespectful...
But why would an able-bodied man need someone else to give them an injection?
Why not. Before we had kids my wife worked in the nursing field and administered shots everyday. She was a professional. If I have a professional willing to pin me then why not. It’s not that I can’t, I just don’t need too.

On a side note I wish I was so big I couldn’t reach my glutes. 😂 I don’t have that problem yet.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i've been going to the gym for over 30 years and not once have witnessed any person doing gear in the bathrooms.
Yeah I too been going to gyms well over 20yrs also and still have yet to witness this. Or mybe I just missed it due to being to green all the years..

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Why not. Before we had kids my wife worked in the nursing field and administered shots everyday. She was a professional. If I have a professional willing to pin me then why not. It’s not that I can’t, I just don’t need too.

On a side note I wish I was so big I couldn’t reach my glutes. I don’t have that problem yet.
I like to become the professional.
I’m my own mechanic, nurse, barber, doctor, lawyer, personal trainer. I’d rather learn their trade then give them my money.

On another note, my lats are just huge, and I can’t reach glutes well, my arms are totally puny so it’s just my back that makes it harder.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I pin exclusively in the 10 Items Or Less line.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like to become the professional.
I’m my own mechanic, nurse, barber, doctor, lawyer, personal trainer. I’d rather learn their trade then give them my money.

On another note, my lats are just huge, and I can’t reach glutes well, my arms are totally puny so it’s just my back that makes it harder.
So you’re against capitalism?
Just kidding. To each his own, no shame in my game though, I’m gonna keep letting her as long as she wants to keep doing it. I think she likes being involved anyway.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So you’re against capitalism?
Just kidding. To each his own, no shame in my game though, I’m gonna keep letting her as long as she wants to keep doing it. I think she likes being involved anyway.
You know me, man. We are all different people, and I love that about AM. I would hate if anyone were like me on here. I had a roommate 15 years ago. An active duty guy from my unit I called Crazy Lenny. And he was cray, got me into fights all the time, arrested, kicked off a golf course, and one time he pulled a glock on me coming home from the bar and he didn’t know who I was and I had to talk him out of shooting me.

Anyways, crazy Lenny hated needles. So I had to inject his Deca and test once a week, and we didn’t know what we were doing. I didn’t start pinning test till 5 years later so I had no clue, so I had to slap his ass so he didn’t feel the stick, so drawers down, I spanked my crazy alcoholic rommmate’s bare ass.

Could have just pinned his fucking delts had I known what I learned years later.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You know me, man. We are all different people, and I love that about AM. I would hate if anyone were like me on here. I had a roommate 15 years ago. An active duty guy from my unit I called Crazy Lenny. And he was cray, got me into fights all the time, arrested, kicked off a golf course, and one time he pulled a glock on me coming home from the bar and he didn’t know who I was and I had to talk him out of shooting me.

Anyways, crazy Lenny hated needles. So I had to inject his Deca and test once a week, and we didn’t know what we were doing. I didn’t start pinning test till 5 years later so I had no clue, so I had to slap his ass so he didn’t feel the stick, so drawers down, I spanked my crazy alcoholic rommmate’s bare ass.

Could have just pinned his fucking delts had I known what I learned years later.
😂😂😂 That’s great. I bet you have a lifetime of stories living with a guy named crazy Lenny.