Who's winning Mr.O?????

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Kai looked too puffy. He was lacking a lot of detail. I was hoping he'd improve from pre-judging night, but he didn't.
I disagree. He did seem to improve, and the press covering the event also noticed in person that Kai got much much better for the night show. The IFBB has supposedly stopped "scoring" the night show. Pre-judging is supposed to now determine the placings, but you can tell that when it is close at pre-judging that the night show improvements/changes of competitors that are close makes a difference in the final placings.

For example, Phil seemed to have Jay during the pre-judging, or it was VERY close, and then Jay came back looking fuller and better for the night show and edged him out for first (IF Jay came back to the night show looking the same or worse than pre-judging I believe that Phil would be Mr. Olympia). I haven't seen the judges scorecards, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a split decision and Phil got a lot of first place votes.

Back to Kai; he looked much better at the night show than he did in the pre-judging BUT he was already out of the top 5-6 after pre-judging. There is alot of speculation that the physique changes from pre-judging and the night show really only get noticed or taken into account for placings for the top 5-6.

I was extremely dissapointed with Kai's performance and final placing. No one is going to be more dissapointed than Kai himself; with that said I would be shocked if he didn't come back and win the Arnold again next year and get back into the top 5 at next year's Olympia.

BEAST

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
WHAT DID I MISS!?

I'm back ;)

I have some reading to do...

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Kai. He is more symetrical than Jay. Jay has always had symetry issues though and really knows how to pose to make it appear less obvious. Jay's waist is too big and I wish they would go for someone with a smaller waist this time around. I like Phil but he lacks rock hard conditioning, and that's what its gonna take to win the O
Oh man... I don't want to start some sort of feud, but plain and simple I just have to say Kai and small waist in the same sentence had me quite perplexed. Also, if Phil got any harder, he'd have to stare into Medusa's eyes.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
These chicks are bigger than me! Fukking A :( and I wish I could do those push up tricks.

Outstanding I've missed you bud!
Fear not... my flight has landed and I have located a computer ;)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Not hatting I've had this guys 2009 pose as my phone background for a year now, NO HOMO, but Jay's going to lose. Branch and Phil look fukking SICK!!!! Phil is at 270 on stage :shocked:
Phil was around 237 on stage, and Jay was 254... I know that for a fact :)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Alright... let me get up to speed

That is what you witnessed and my statement is what I witnessed. Many a top bodybuilder are as what you have stated. They just have a way to mask that which you hate so much...

You may very well be correct in your assumption; however, it doesn't really matter to me because what I witnessed was the total opposite.
Well, I have seen and heard Dexter behave this way on MULTIPLE occasion over the years, not once in a gym setting. Who else wins the Mr. Olympia and then sits at the press conference with sunglasses and a hat on the entire time and leaves immediately and uses the entirety of 2009 to cry and complain about the tragic injustice of his placing to Jay as a slap in the face?

Jay came in at 265 and Phil at 216 I think. Jay was waaaay bigger. The 2D screen doesn't properly display thickness. Only width and detail to an extent. Combine that extra 40lbs of mass Jay has on Phil with Jay's detail... and there you have it.

I just feel bad Branch came in 3rd again, especially since I felt he actually improved on last years physique. That's gotta be disappointing. I guess he could turn to Jay's 2nd place behind Ronnie decade for inspiration.
Phil was in the mid 230's, so he didn't give up much weight to Jay. After dehydration, Jay's weight had plummeted, but its what is shown on stage that counts.

Yeah, Kai was slated to take 1st or 2nd, what a disappointment. He was the Dennis Wolf this year.
Dennis was awesome this year, I was very happy for him. Underdog stories are great, although I don't like his overall demeanor, I still really like his tenacity and ability to throw back all the 'experts' prognostications.

Im not surprised at all that Jay won, from the pics i saw i thought wolfe and warren dominated. Jay to me is just to big, but like i said, its no surprise he won. I think the bodybuilding game is going political, just like everything else in this world.

Congrats though to Jay for sure.
Actually Jay's victory was the opposite of politics in motion... as he is the first ever non Weider athlete to win the Sandow.

I'm srry but I'm not a fan of water the Mr. O became. Victor Martinez is wat a winning model of bodybuilding shuld be. 8th place is very disturbing especially whn he took a full year off and looked like he was supose to. How the hell did branch, Dennis,rockel sneak in over kai and big Vic. Serious! I'm writing the olympia off and all about the prestigous Arnold classic. Water are vics plans now cause looking like tht and no top 6 at the least. The judges were blind. I seen it atleast Vic,dex, Phil,Jay,kai, and yes branch I supose. Do we all agree? Its on for Vic and dnt b suprised wat he wll do now but I wll knw. Arnold,new York and maybe a few years off but he wants it to bad and he will get wat he wants trust me...
Victor didn't match up to the other competitors, its as simple as that. Taking a year off doesn't guarantee anything, I could take the rest of my life off but I wouldn't expect to win the Olympia. Victor looks good and has all the tools to achieve something great, but his conditioning is not on par.

I don't know how Kai got beat by Dexter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you see the pictures!?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I disagree. He did seem to improve, and the press covering the event also noticed in person that Kai got much much better for the night show. The IFBB has supposedly stopped "scoring" the night show. Pre-judging is supposed to now determine the placings, but you can tell that when it is close at pre-judging that the night show improvements/changes of competitors that are close makes a difference in the final placings.

For example, Phil seemed to have Jay during the pre-judging, or it was VERY close, and then Jay came back looking fuller and better for the night show and edged him out for first (IF Jay came back to the night show looking the same or worse than pre-judging I believe that Phil would be Mr. Olympia). I haven't seen the judges scorecards, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a split decision and Phil got a lot of first place votes.

Back to Kai; he looked much better at the night show than he did in the pre-judging BUT he was already out of the top 5-6 after pre-judging. There is alot of speculation that the physique changes from pre-judging and the night show really only get noticed or taken into account for placings for the top 5-6.

I was extremely dissapointed with Kai's performance and final placing. No one is going to be more dissapointed than Kai himself; with that said I would be shocked if he didn't come back and win the Arnold again next year and get back into the top 5 at next year's Olympia.

BEAST
You really think he improved? He looked nearly the exact same to me.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
You really think he improved? He looked nearly the exact same to me.
Yes Jay improved by leaps and bounds. I'm not sure how much you can decipher by looking at a computer screen of a low resolution live web-cast, but being there up close and personal it wasn't a matter of whether he improved or not because it was so dramatically obvious there was no debate or question.

Jay's entire physique hardened, his chest filled out, and he was able to attract the water intracellularly by using a very risky yet ultimately effective technique back stage that paid off in dividends.

jodywebb

Awards
jay cutler is finished as quarterback for the bears. oh wait...

lol. cutler's not that tall, so his arms are so big compared to his head. damn.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Outstanding,

Did you witness the Dennis James retirement announcement that brought about a full house standing ovation? I was listening to it on pro bodybuilding radio and Dennis get pretty choked up recaping the moment. Just wondering if you were there for that part.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Outstanding,

Did you witness the Dennis James retirement announcement that brought about a full house standing ovation? I was listening to it on pro bodybuilding radio and Dennis get pretty choked up recaping the moment. Just wondering if you were there for that part.
Yes I was... but actually, it was anti-climatic for me, because he also made the same announcement at the press conference on Thursday afternoon. I was in attendance at both.

I looked up to and followed his career as a younger athlete, his "king of the pre-contest picture" assigned by Bob C. was dead on. Haha ;)

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
Yes Jay improved by leaps and bounds. I'm not sure how much you can decipher by looking at a computer screen of a low resolution live web-cast, but being there up close and personal it wasn't a matter of whether he improved or not because it was so dramatically obvious there was no debate or question.

Jay's entire physique hardened, his chest filled out, and he was able to attract the water intracellularly by using a very risky yet ultimately effective technique back stage that paid off in dividends.
what is this trick you speak of?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
what is this trick you speak of?
Since you actually read through the post, I'll oblige you :)

No one knows aside from those backstage and close family, but Jay actually ingested In-n-Out Burger the evening of the finals as a last-resort-type attempt to forcefully kick start his body into filling out and attracting fluids into the muscle cell, rather than between the muscle and skin. It worked, beautifully... and the rest is History.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established

hey whats it is? what was the technique

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
hey whats it is? what was the technique
Hey Jasen, I posted this above your post a short while ago... I'll also copy/quote it here for you.

Since you actually read through the post, I'll oblige you :)

No one knows aside from those backstage and close family, but Jay actually ingested In-n-Out Burger the evening of the finals as a last-resort-type attempt to forcefully kick start his body into filling out and attracting fluids into the muscle cell, rather than between the muscle and skin. It worked, beautifully... and the rest is History.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Wtf! Lmfao, so u were backstage?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Then how do u know this

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
ok, so the trick was eating a hamburger? what? Why would that work by filling muscle cells and not sub-q space.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
ok, so the trick was eating a hamburger? what? Why would that work by filling muscle cells and not sub-q space.
It was drawn intracellularly, using sodium as the transporter combined with the rare yet endlessly demonstrated condition of the body and metabolism in that state which always yields a vastly higher propensity to store ANYTHING as muscle glycogen and fuel, rather than the usual affinity to convert into fat cells.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
According to Frank Zane, we may see a bodybuilder explode at the Mr.O one day.

Just sayin, I think whoever blows up will have won the show. Hopefully he won't blow up until after he's accepted the trophy! lol

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
According to Frank Zane, we may see a bodybuilder explode at the Mr.O one day.

Just sayin, I think whoever blows up will have won the show. Hopefully he won't blow up until after he's accepted the trophy! lol
This had to of been meant as a tongue in cheek type bit of sarcasm. If it wasn't, it was merely a ploy by the smallest man ever to somehow garner a Sandow poking fun at the true bodybuilders because he was evidently tired of having proverbial sand kicked in his face. Either way, it holds no logic or physiological possibility.

Its comparable to a Soap Box Derby Racer putting down Nascar professionals because one day they are going to go flying off the track and grow wings they go so fast.