justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bro, I love your wall. I am still working on my shadow box in my built-ins
Thank you sir! Proud. It wasn't planned in the photo but when I saw it while taking the shot, I was like.
I love my wall too man. My wife made most of that happen.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thank you sir! Proud. It wasn't planned in the photo but when I saw it while taking the shot, I was like.
I love my wall too man. My wife made most of that happen.
And don't call me Sir! I worked for a living. Lol. I was an E-5. Old ARMY Joke.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015. I hope I caught you in time brother. Do not go to dc's log and look at the Xray of Studhorse knee... it's hard to look at
So I guess yo all know what I'm clicking on next ................

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
got my protein and shaker today....peanut butter toffee

was hoping for a bottle of vitrex in the bottom,lol….just kidding, very generous to send out full tubs of protein and a shaker cup-big thanks Nutrex

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
got my protein and shaker today....peanut butter toffee

was hoping for a bottle of vitrex in the bottom,lol….just kidding, very generous to send out full tubs of protein and a shaker cup-big thanks Nutrex
Ley us know your thoughts on the flavor, sounds good!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ley us know your thoughts on the flavor, sounds good!
I couldn't use milk which I always use for protein shakes because my wife needed it for a recipe……...and we got 5 inches of snow over night and streets weren't cleaned, damn fools drive bad enough on dry pavement, no way I was going out to get something I absolutely didn't have to have....

so I used water....to me the taste was very mild, but it went down very smooth....seriously, might be among smoothest I have tried, and very easily digested!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always use water for my shakes, don't want the calories or bloat from milk.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I couldn't use milk which I always use for protein shakes because my wife needed it for a recipe……...and we got 5 inches of snow over night and streets weren't cleaned, damn fools drive bad enough on dry pavement, no way I was going out to get something I absolutely didn't have to have....

so I used water....to me the taste was very mild, but it went down very smooth....seriously, might be among smoothest I have tried, and very easily digested!!!
The hallmark of a well-filtered isolate is a thin, smooth super-easy to drink consistency with no bloat.

It should not be filling or tough to drink when you aren’t hungry at all.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I prefer my shakes a little on the thick side, but I don't want to have to eat them with a spoon.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The hallmark of a well-filtered isolate is a thin, smooth super-easy to drink consistency with no bloat.

It should not be filling or tough to drink when you aren’t hungry at all.
all the boxes are checked....

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
all the boxes are checked....
Can’t wait til I get my hands on that Bananas Foster then!

Most of the time I’m using whey is peri workout. I rarely have any appetite when I first wake up, and after many training sessions I also won’t be hungry at all for 1-2 hours, so this will be very welcome.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Most of the time I’m using whey is peri workout. I rarely have any appetite when I first wake up, and after many training sessions I also won’t be hungry at all for 1-2 hours, so this will be very welcome.
you should be goodtogo...no doubt this is a quality protein.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As promised I had my first tasting of the Chocolate Shake Protein. I've just eaten, and I think this is a good test.

#1. 8 ounces of Toasted Coconut Almond Milk (I had to)..

First impression of opening the tub and giving it a sniffy sniff.
Smells like chocolate protein powder and that hint of artificial sweetener.

That scooper. Wow. Almost 3.3 ounces. Impressed.

- Mixed well, I stirred it and did not shake it, so there were some floaters which doesn't bother me as they add texture.
- Nailed the chocolate shake and the consistency was silky smooth.
- I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners for the after taste, but I get it, this is an isolate.
- Over all from the Isolates I have had, it's one of the best.
- For having a big meal, it was easy to drink and I finished all of it, so that says a lot.
- Consistency was extra thick due to the Coconut Almond Milk

- Rating on a scale: 9/10 (only real deduction was aftertaste of the artificial sweetener)

#2. 8 ounces of Cold Water (TBC)

- Just put together the 8 ounces of ice cold water in the shaker and gave it the one scoop
- I gotta say, there was a huge difference between #1 and #2.
- Texture Silky Smooth and just thick enough
- Easy to drink, and I mean easy!
- Taste was on point for me here; and a very nice chocolate shake flavor
- A mild aftertaste for the sweetener but forgiveable

- Rating on a scale 9.5/10

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
justhere4comm Does the Toasted Coconut Almond Milk taste like Toasted Coconut ?

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards
As promised I had my first tasting of the Chocolate Shake Protein. I've just eaten, and I think this is a good test.

#1. 8 ounces of Toasted Coconut Almond Milk (I had to)..

First impression of opening the tub and giving it a sniffy sniff.
Smells like chocolate protein powder and that hint of artificial sweetener.

That scooper. Wow. Almost 3.3 ounces. Impressed.

- Mixed well, I stirred it and did not shake it, so there were some floaters which doesn't bother me as they add texture.
- Nailed the chocolate shake and the consistency was silky smooth.
- I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners for the after taste, but I get it, this is an isolate.
- Over all from the Isolates I have had, it's one of the best I have ever had.
- Rating on a scale: 8.7/10 (only real deduction was aftertaste of the artificial sweetener)
- For having a big meal, it was easy to drink and I finished all of it, so that says a lot.

#2. 8 ounces of Cold Water (TBC)
Thank you for the first review

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Hyde

I tried it with milk today...It brought out the flavor and gave it some 'pop'. but it also made it more filling and 'heavier', this is great for me since I like thicker consistency...but for you water would probably be the best way, imo.

really enjoyed it mixed in milk versus water, but everyone has different tastes...either way very drinkable.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I need to get some Toasted Coconut Almond Milk !!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Loving what I am reading this far. Just got mine today as well, stay tuned

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^Updated my review. It's actually much better with just ice cold water.

With Toasted Coconut Almond Milk 9.0 and it's probably just the consistency is too thick for me.
9.0/10

With Ice Cold Water
9.5/10

I had another this morning because I had a craving for it.
I'm loving it.

-M

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards
Just a side thing. Our single shots for energy. The margarita flavor can be served with shaved ice and a small umbrella it’s so good.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So I blended up some strong Nespresso coffee, dash of almond milk and 2 scoops of chocolate with ice..deeelish

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I blended up some strong Nespresso coffee, dash of almond milk and 2 scoops of chocolate with ice..deeelish
I'm not a fan of Iced Coffee...........Just Saying

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok sorry I'm late....review of Bananas Foster. Thank you Nutrex/double s for the opportunity and the metal shaker!

Isofit calls for 5oz liquid.....so I used 2 scoops & 10oz Almond Milk

Flavor - 9/10 (Bananas Foster) Opened up and stuck my nose in for a good whiff....initial blast of Banana/Egg Nog scent accompanied by some caramel, not over powering but yet you knew it was going to be good. Flavor was almost spot on....very smooth taste of banana, not overpowering like a straight banana protein but disguised followed (at least by me) an Egg Nog taste again not overpowering then followed by the caramel again very smooth. Definitely NOT weak tasting but perfect...not overly sweet and not dull. People will be happy, this is directly in between.

Mixability - 10/10 Used the metal shaker (I mean wouldn't you lol) Mixes very well, zero clumps.....and I hate clumps, perfect. Maybe 5 shakes and that's all I needed. No clumps even after 5-6 sips, everything mixed in. Very enjoyable to drink even at the end no clumps of protein.

Texture - 10/10 Smooth and creamy, was it the almond milk, not sure, I'll try with water next but I liked that smooth/creamy taste each time, not gritty, etc. .

Overall - 9/10 Def. my favorite out of all the niche caramel flavored proteins that have come out the past few years. The banana flavor is NOT chemical tasting which is hard with banana and strawberry proteins...almost all have that "fake" chemical taste, this doesn't, as damn close to a realish banana that I've tasted. Tons of people hate sweet tasting protein...this won't disappoint, but it also won't disappoint in taste, you can taste it all right without it being so damn sweet you cringe. Right in the middle. Nutrex did this flavor correctly.
If you want one critique or comment to make it utterly perfect and again just my .02, have that caramel flavor taste a little bit more "butterscotch". That's the only thing that came to mind.

Would I purchase - YES. I drank it all in one sitting, sip after sip till it was gone. Not many proteins make me want to keep drinking it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok sorry I'm late....review of Bananas Foster. Thank you Nutrex/double s for the opportunity and the metal shaker!

Isofit calls for 5oz liquid.....so I used 2 scoops & 10oz Almond Milk

Flavor - 9/10 (Bananas Foster) Opened up and stuck my nose in for a good whiff....initial blast of Banana/Egg Nog scent accompanied by some caramel, not over powering but yet you knew it was going to be good. Flavor was almost spot on....very smooth taste of banana, not overpowering like a straight banana protein but disguised followed (at least by me) an Egg Nog taste again not overpowering then followed by the caramel again very smooth. Definitely NOT weak tasting but perfect...not overly sweet and not dull. People will be happy, this is directly in between.

Mixability - 10/10 Used the metal shaker (I mean wouldn't you lol) Mixes very well, zero clumps.....and I hate clumps, perfect. Maybe 5 shakes and that's all I needed. No clumps even after 5-6 sips, everything mixed in. Very enjoyable to drink even at the end no clumps of protein.

Texture - 10/10 Smooth and creamy, was it the almond milk, not sure, I'll try with water next but I liked that smooth/creamy taste each time, not gritty, etc. .

Overall - 9/10 Def. my favorite out of all the niche caramel flavored proteins that have come out the past few years. The banana flavor is NOT chemical tasting which is hard with banana and strawberry proteins...almost all have that "fake" chemical taste, this doesn't, as damn close to a realish banana that I've tasted. Tons of people hate sweet tasting protein...this won't disappoint, but it also won't disappoint in taste, you can taste it all right without it being so damn sweet you cringe. Right in the middle. Nutrex did this flavor correctly.
If you want one critique or comment to make it utterly perfect and again just my .02, have that caramel flavor taste a little bit more "butterscotch". That's the only thing that came to mind.

Would I purchase - YES. I drank it all in one sitting, sip after sip till it was gone. Not many proteins make me want to keep drinking it.
very nice review, good job!!!

if I had to make a complaint it would be that handle of scoop is way too short. I guess it is my having big hands but I hate having to fit my hand deep into containers.

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards
Need to try this myself

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

if I had to make a complaint it would be that handle of scoop is way too short. I guess it is my having big hands but I hate having to fit my hand deep into containers.
Yeah but when it’s long you can’t set it on top and have to stick the handle back down into the protein!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Yeah but when it’s long you can’t set it on top and have to stick the handle back down into the protein!
I prefer the Longer Handle also !!

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards

Interesting

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree, hate the long handle....I've no lie taken a pair of scissors and cut some of the utterly ridiculous long handles I've seen.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just goes to show you can't please everyone ...

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just goes to show you can't please everyone ...
I buy mostly 5lb tubs and some big zip locks that are 10lb so long handles are my preference to
really go deeper into the container or bag.:)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I buy mostly 5lb tubs and some big zip locks that are 10lb so long handles are my preference to
really go deeper into the container or bag.:)
I always find that I get tired of the flavor before I finished those bags.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I love long handles. I keep mine and trash the short ones.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just use my hands...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love long handles. I keep mine and trash the short ones.
I need to do that...I really like the nutrex protein and the flavor and texture/consistency are very smooth and it mixes really easily...BUT I am getting closer to bottom of tub and the handle that came with it is very short-I truly hate having to try and fit my hand into the tub to dip it out.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree, hate the long handle....I've no lie taken a pair of scissors and cut some of the utterly ridiculous long handles I've seen.
lol...easier to shorten than to lengthen!!!

maybe I will try and super glue one of my granddaughters popsicle sticks to the short handle?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I keep a stash of scoop, I must have like 50 !!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If anyone is interested, use code AM20 to save 20% on your order at Nutrex

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always find that I get tired of the flavor before I finished those bags.
That's why I always have about 6 to 8 different flavors open at once so I don't get tired of the same
flavor.;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer