Who makes their own Pre-WO supps?

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
Was talking with Wifey last night about why she likes certain supps for her workouts... And I started thinking, how can I save money and keep her and I happy with our preworkout supps...?

She likes Neurocore, I hate MuscleTech... So I was scheming on how to mimic their formula, because it's actually a pretty dope product.

A hybrid of what they're doing had me pricing bulk powders and came u with this combo:

(1 serving)
1-3,dimethylamylamine 25mg
Beta alanine 4g
Creatine mono 5g
Caffeine 300mg
Citrulline Malate 4 g
Taurine 4g
Stevia 1 tbsp
G2 powder mix or Crystal Light packet

It would be about $125 to get 125 servings, lasting the both of us 62 workouts, which at 4-5 a week would last about three months. This is including the Gatorade powder... Not sure where to find bulk Crystal Light.

The dosing of the 1-3,dimeth and caffeine in a single serving would theoretically alleviate the need for doubling or tripling serving size as well, allowing it to stretch pretty good.

I could see this mixture being tough to dissolve, leaving a lot of powder left over... Only time will tell.
What y'all think of this?

What pre-workout ****tails do you make before you crush the gym?

What combos have you found that worked, or that flat out sucked balls?

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
30 min before:
Alcar
Beta alanine
Taurine
E-bol
Formula x or just bulk daa
(all recommend serving)

On top of

45 min before:
Craze (one scoop)
Hemoval (one scoop)

And

Hour before:
Vit D 3
B complex
Vit C
Testpro or Perform
Cordygene vo2

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
30 min before:
Alcar
Beta alanine
Taurine
E-bol
(all recommend serving)

On top of

45 min before:
Craze (one scoop)
Hemoval (one scoop)

And

Hour before:
Vit D 3
B complex
Vit C
Testpro or Perform
Cordygene vo2
Wow. You should be able to fly after that concoction...

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
:) yeah. I even left out a couple things...it gets serious. Then Strive during and my post wo mix.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
30 min before:
Alcar
Beta alanine
Taurine
E-bol
(all recommend serving)

On top of

45 min before:
Craze (one scoop)
Hemoval (one scoop)

And

Hour before:
Vit D 3
B complex
Vit C
Testpro or Perform
Cordygene vo2
Do you really need all that to get in a gym and lift? ;/

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
That seems mad expensive. Im not paid enough to go in like this - that's why I was scheming on brewing my own stuff to save in comparison to buying two tubs of Rage every month at $30+ a pop.

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
Right. Most are bulk. Hemoval was given to me. I consider the craze stims and creatine.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
for some of the killer deals at nutra its hard not buy one....

GHO5T

Awards
I love making my own pre workouts using bulk ingredients. I run into two problems though: how expensive it can be and the horrid taste that is hard to mask. I recently bought a capping machine that has helped but in the end I think its better just to buy a pre and add in the extras you want

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
I've thought about doing this myself but ... how do you get a consistent dose?

Let's say you made a pre-workout from a number of ingredients ... how do you mix them to get consistency? Things settle don't they?

In other words ... you have a pound of "homebrew" and you threw enough Creatine in there to make sure you had 5 grams per serving. But ... say the Creatine all settles to the bottom - and it's hard to tell because it's white ... just like several other ingredients in your homebrew. How do you prevent this?

This gets real exciting when you talk about mixing in stimulants. If those settle into one pocket of your homebrew container ... whhooooo boy!

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
I just shake them up before I dose. Besides, most pwo have proprietary blends. I'm betting that's even more inconsistent.

GHO5T

Awards
I just shake them up before I dose. Besides, most pwo have proprietary blends. I'm betting that's even more inconsistent.
This... its kinda a risk you take making a homebrew. When it comes to supplements I think prop blends are great if the company is legit and has a well known reputation.

When making my own mix though.. i usually dont make a tub of it per say. i usually put in only what i need for that one use

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
This... its kinda a risk you take making a homebrew. When it comes to supplements I think prop blends are great if the company is legit and has a well known reputation.

When making my own mix though.. i usually dont make a tub of it per say. i usually put in only what i need for that one use
That's a good point. Anyone consider bagging em up in the nickel bags you can get from the gas station? People would def stare then... And I thought people looked at me funny when I downed Animal products

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
That's a good point. Anyone consider bagging em up in the nickel bags you can get from the gas station? People would def stare then... And I thought people looked at me funny when I downed Animal products
I got pulled over and searched. Had a baggie full of pwo and unmarked pills...and a record. Fun stuff.

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards

Even if they're reputable, the chances of that scoop getting the exact mix as intended is highly unlikely.
That's why I like knowing what I get by adding each ingredient individually.