Who here is on TRT?

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
I was prescribed TRT today. Wondering how those of you who are on it feel. Was it worth it? Im 31 years old and have no kids. That's the one thing I'm turned off by it, that I could have fertility problems later.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was prescribed TRT today. Wondering how those of you who are on it feel. Was it worth it? Im 31 years old and have no kids. That's the one thing I'm turned off by it, that I could have fertility problems later.
Fertility in most cases seems reversible with hcg, hmg & clomid or some combo thereof.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol...look around--judging by how many AAS users there are here on this forum a safe bet is most of the members here are on trt!!!

at least i was in late 50's before i needed trt, many here are in 30s and some even 20s.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I do my TRT sub Q. Totally worth it imo. It felt less worth it when I was doing IM and dealing with constants pip. Now I rarely, if ever, get pip.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You could store your sperm. That's a pretty standard procedure when statring trt, at least in some parts of the world.

Last edited:

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Started back in October, 34 years old. I had 3 sets of bloodwork over 6 weeks all come back lower than the previous.. all were less than 220 total T out of a reference range of like 320-960 or something like that. Took a couple months to get it right but now I feel great and could never go back to life without it. I do 160mg/week split into two 80mg sub q shots.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was about 30 also when I started with 60ng/mL for levels. My entire HPTA crashed due to head trauma. I used hCG for years in the beginning and have 4 kids post starting TRT.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was about 30 also when I started with 60ng/mL for levels. My entire HPTA crashed due to head trauma. I used hCG for years in the beginning and have 4 kids post starting TRT.
I've also heard that you can be on trt without hcg for years and if/when you decide to have kids, then add hcg and still pregnate your missus. Any validation or opinion on this one? Sounds risky to me, but I'm no expert.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've also heard that you can be on trt without hcg for years and if/when you decide to have kids, then add hcg and still pregnate your missus. Any validation or opinion on this one? Sounds risky to me, but I'm no expert.
It happens but the studies show starting both together maintains fertility out of the gate.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
It happens but the studies show starting both together maintains fertility out of the gate.
Agreed it would be much safer bet to use hcg from the start. But if getting kids is the only reason for using the hcg, then adding hcg when needed would be easy and practical. Many don't even know if they want to have kids down the line or not.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I feel like a queen on it. Used to feel like half a man before trt and had a hard time living a normal life. If you’re not struggling and begging for help you don’t really need trt imo.
Seeing you getting more and more in touch with your feminine side. Wondering if it's mental growth or lack of an AI = )

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m on TRT. I hate the fact that I can put on muscle fairly quickly at the age of 48. I also hate the fact o look better now than I did when I was in my mid 30’s. I hate I feel great.

I wouldn’t give TRT up for nothing man! Roll with it and make sure your dr knows what he’s doing. Don’t be afraid to find another dr if you’re not getting what you need as far as TRT is concerned.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
can you expand on this?

you used HCG specifically to regain fertility?

I have not had kids yet and I am not on HCG so I know I will likely need to get on this or some type of protocol for fertility in the near future
I started hCG with my TRT as part of my protocol. If you're not on it I would start as a preventative since hMG is very expensive compared to hCG.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I lifted for 38 years natty before jumping on TRT when I turned 50. Always had high natty Test-levels, but jumping on statins at age 40, made my test levels decline steadily over those 10 years. I'm only pinning 50 mg a week right now (2 pins at 25mg each), will get re-tested soon and go from there/adjust. At 100 mg I was feeling great, but didn't like my blood panels. (Low HDL, high Hematocrit, etc). At my age (54) over-all health comes first. Especially with my hereditary issues (very high lipids, high cardiac calcium score, etc).

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I lifted for 38 years natty before jumping on TRT when I turned 50. Always had high natty Test-levels, but jumping on statins at age 40, made my test levels decline steadily over those 10 years. I'm only pinning 50 mg a week right now (2 pins at 25mg each), will get re-tested soon and go from there/adjust. At 100 mg I was feeling great, but didn't like my blood panels. (Low HDL, high Hematocrit, etc). At my age (54) over-all health comes first. Especially with my hereditary issues (very high lipids, high cardiac calcium score, etc).
Isn't regular blood plasma draws to counteract the high hemo?

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Isn't regular blood plasma draws to counteract the high hemo?
Yeah, dont feel like dealing with that (If I dont need to) Im normally in the 40's and go up over 51 when on 100 mg.
I dont like taking something else or doing something else to counter a drug, gonna try to get it dialed in if I can.
Doc isnt concerned w/ 51 (50 is the limit on my tests). If Im still high, or my Test-levels are too low when I get retested, I may need to go that route though...

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You need to donate whole blood or reds.

Everyone should donate blood anyway imo. Your blood could save a life and you may someday need someone's blood to save your own. It really isn't a big deal to do it and I always feel better, not worse, after I donate.
I agree from a moral standpoint but actually from a health standpoint the longevity sector are very much getting into this now.

its been suggested that women may live longer than men as they ‘give blood’ monthly for a period of their lives

there’s actually services out there called ‘young blood’ where they take the blood from older people out and put blood from younger people back in..... can’t recall if human studies have been published but in rodent models at least the rodents with the young blood then started to show other health markers in line with the age of the younger rodent from which the blood had been taken.

the cheaper option is to donate blood and then give a much younger girl a scarlet kiss.......

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, dont feel like dealing with that (If I dont need to) Im normally in the 40's and go up over 51 when on 100 mg.
I dont like taking something else or doing something else to counter a drug, gonna try to get it dialed in if I can.
Doc isnt concerned w/ 51 (50 is the limit on my tests). If Im still high, or my Test-levels are too low when I get retested, I may need to go that route though...
mine is 51 also, my doc isn't that concerned either. but my hdl is pretty high and total cholesterol is in range. overall he said i'm in very good health for 62.

run run like hell---pink floyd

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
mine is 51 also, my doc isn't that concerned either. but my hdl is pretty high and total cholesterol is in range. overall he said i'm in very good health for 62.

run run like hell---pink floyd
Thats great to hear!

mxrider28

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Im 26 and got on trt this year. Love it. Ran a few cycles and even with proper pct my levels were low. Doc got me a script and my insurance covers it.

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
Day 1 of TRT complete. It's kind of nice knowing i can blast and cruise and never have to worry about PCT crashing my gains, but on the other hand, I would like to have kids someday. Hoping this doesnt make that impossible

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 1 of TRT complete. It's kind of nice knowing i can blast and cruise and never have to worry about PCT crashing my gains, but on the other hand, I would like to have kids someday. Hoping this doesnt make that impossible
Get your protocol dialed in before blasting and cruising. Also, a lot of guys add HCG in their protocol if they plan to have kids.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well you've had some pretty good directions on how to do that while on trt in this thread.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Started back in October, 34 years old. I had 3 sets of bloodwork over 6 weeks all come back lower than the previous.. all were less than 220 total T out of a reference range of like 320-960 or something like that. Took a couple months to get it right but now I feel great and could never go back to life without it. I do 160mg/week split into two 80mg sub q shots.
Do you use an AI?..do you get those knots from subq?

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you use an AI?..do you get those knots from subq?
No Ai, no HCG (already have kids.) Once in a while I may get a little lump for a day or 2 but nothing that lasts beyond that. Keep in mind my shots are only .4ml per dose so pretty small.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trt helped me..right now I'm doing 44mg of test enan eod..been on trt for over 10yrs

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No Ai, no HCG (already have kids.) Once in a while I may get a little lump for a day or 2 but nothing that lasts beyond that. Keep in mind my shots are only .4ml per dose so pretty small.
I did subq for yrs..got tired of the knots..mine also only lasted couple days..I do side delts eod injections..no AI or hcg..had kids while on trt..