White Flood Classic Log

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Big Giant sized thanks to Sean1332 for giving me this opportunity.

Got my Watermelon Flavored White Flood Classic in the mail yesterday and got to try it out today.

I was a huge fan of this way back when and have made all of the pre-workout rounds with various products like some club kid with drugs at a rave.

Recently was a fan of Prep by Carbon but that stuff is A.) Expensive, and B.) Discontinued so this opportunity to log an old favorite comes at the perfect time.

To me the best preworkouts always have a dash of Nootropics- at least for me so much of lifting is mind over matter. When I have a bad workout that's not injury related I often can blame myself for being a baby during the set. So the additions of things like Huperizine A and Theobromine in White Flood usually help me get my mind right and keep me from self sabotaging.

Enough rambling, let's get reviewing.

whiteflood-classic-SF.jpg

Today is my light/hypertrophy/ideally easier leg day. Basically an excuse to drop the weights on squats relative to my so called "heavy day", I'm not that dialed in despite my categorizing it as such.

Today's workout had everything going against it, woke up with a headache, left late cause my wife made me do chores, Keurig busted after only one cup of coffee, so White Flood had an uphill battle.

Started with 1 scoop, taste was decent, only a small supplement "bite". Could almost immediately feel the beta-alanine, its been awhile since I took it so it was a real retro feeling. Energy was very apparent, very clean non heart racing but focused energy, not the dirty feeling one gets when they drink too many energy drinks. Very big ups for that.

Got to the gym and had to workout at the crappy tinkertoy squat racks they have at 24. It's bad enough that these things are so flimsy that any time some dip **** is doing muscleups on the other end the whole thing shakes, but those damn bars are the worst. Skinny and super smooth with no center knurling, guaranteeing its less stable on my back for squats, and on top of that they are metric so they are robbing me of a pound!!!!!!

Misgrooved my first set so I hit 2 less reps than I expected, 325 for 6, was hoping for 8. Usually a bad set like this can kill my whole workout, but, today the focus and energy that the white flood gave me allowed me to recover and by my 3rd set I was able to move up to 330 for 6 which is about right on my "light day".

Not only that but squats really take it out of me and I have to rest a lot in between sets, often taking a knee right after from all that hard bracing. I felt much less of a need today to rest as much in between sets, only difference is the White Flood so I am confident I can attribute it to that.

Deadlifted right after, hit a new PR of 405 for 8! Hard to keep myself from turning it into a heavy day but I held back and felt good. Accessories are accessories and are whatever, but this definitely was a good one and I really feel White Flood was the difference maker.

I'm going to do my best on these logs to not turn the whole thing into my complaining about 24 hour fitness and focusing on the supplement, but, its 24 hour fitness so there will be complaining abound.

Good first day- next workout is Tuesday and it's legs again, this time heavier.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Second! In on this!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in for some flood

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Today White Flood had its work cut out for it.

Today was my heavier leg day and a morning workout to boot.

Went with 1.5 scoops this morning just to push the limits. Beta alanine tingles were more manageable now that I'm used to it again.

Got the good rack today with the nicely knurled bar in front of the mirror I accidently spit on from time to time.

Energy was great, as stated for Saturday's workout, the greatest benefit to white flood seems to be better recovery between sets.

for squats worked from 350 x 5 up to 360 x 3. Squats are my weakest lift and thus the most prone to mind over matterness and even a small jump in weight like that for a triple is big, although I think I cut depth a little too much on my lsat rep of 360.

But sine we judge ourselves against others, when to the right on the smith machine, and to the left on the other rack I saw nothing but quarter squatters abound I was able to forgive myself.

Deadlifts weren't bad either. Finished up my workout in record time, IE wasn't late to work.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Light Upper Body Day;

Once again, everything working against me. Woke up late, wife called and made me feed the squirrel she rescued (serious). Then one of my dogs hid in the house before I was about to leave. Making me think I had left her outside, took 15 mins to track her down behind the drapes.

So im leaving late, lots of traffic, and a headache :(.

So to get in any kind of decent workout id need to be able to move between sets.

In about 1 hour I was able to cobble together a decent workout with White Flood's help,

OHP, close grip bench, lateral raises, face pulls and ending with some good old fashioned bicep curls for the girls.

Energy was decent, despite me feeling headachy and slightly dizzy from the gym.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Heavy Upper Body:

Started the day off awful with a horrible story involving the toilet that is amusing if you like me being miserable- but better not posted in public.

Hit the gym after some light traffic, waited for a bench and got it going.

Misgrooved my first set, hoping for 320 x 5, but only got a grindy 4. Recovered on set 2 with a smoother 320 x 4 with much less English.

Hit a new PR! 330 x 3!!!! Did have a spotter but its one of the few good ones at my grm so I trust him when he says it was quote, all me.

Time was running short so knocked out some ohp and heavy rows before finishing with some pullups.

White flood definitely did its job, I have to continually stress, great energy without feeling "dirty" or with any stomach issues like some super stim products can cause.

Very nice. Next week going to try and get back to 320 x5 and make it smooth, but not smooth like diarrhea.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Light leg day redux:

Great workout aided by white flood. Good nights sleep, multiple cups of joe, white flood, and getting my favorite rack combined to have a great squat session.

325 x 7
325 x 7
330 x 6
280 x 10 beltless

Great recovery between sets and none gridndery.

Finished with some nice deadlifts and high rep leg press. Great workout in a line of them.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you've been putting in some great work. Do you feel the 1 scoop mark has been the right dose for you?

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop is the sweet spot. 1.5 only adds so much more stimulation if that makes sense

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Broke the streak of good workouts. But mainly traffic caused it. I take the 57 freeway and it was still wrecked this morning from the fires in Anaheim hills. Took me 1 hour 40 mins to get to the gym so all I had time to do was squat.

1 scoop of white flood and one cup of joe,

Started strong with 350 x 5 extra smooth.

The rest all felt wobbly and I lost reps on every set.

But some time ago this was my 1 rep max and now only hitting it 5 once is a bad day so I take solace in that.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Upper Body Heavy Day:

Mainly heavy bench and a lot of upper back work. Traffic was especially horrible this week, the fires are done so that's not the reason. It feels like in the last few weeks in socal the population has quadrupled. Only logical explanation.

I have horrible long commute, from La Verne to Huntington Beach. But, my solace always was getting on the roads before 6am to hit the weight pile and it being a decent drive. Not so recently. I get on the road at 545-550 and it can take me an hour and a half.

Enough complaining, 1 scoop of white flood, 1 cup of coffee, and some oatmeal and whey eaten while driving fueled today's workout.

Bench press was very good. The only two 2.5 plates were in use so I couldn't take 320 for a ride and decided instead go for 315 x 6. Which I was able to hit1 ..... with some English on rep number six, but not so much that I went cockney so im taking it as a PR.

Worked up to 330 x 3, this time with no spotter so I was feeling very superior today- energy was great and consistent.

Rest of the day was uneventful but necessary accessory work. Lots of upper back work and some arnolds super-setted with laterals. I'm dressing as Stone Cold Steve Austin this Halloween so I need to really focus on the muscle groups that display nicely in a vest with no shirt.

It's always nice to have a goal.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper Body Heavy Day:

Mainly heavy bench and a lot of upper back work. Traffic was especially horrible this week, the fires are done so that's not the reason. It feels like in the last few weeks in socal the population has quadrupled. Only logical explanation.

I have horrible long commute, from La Verne to Huntington Beach. But, my solace always was getting on the roads before 6am to hit the weight pile and it being a decent drive. Not so recently. I get on the road at 545-550 and it can take me an hour and a half.

Enough complaining, 1 scoop of white flood, 1 cup of coffee, and some oatmeal and whey eaten while driving fueled today's workout.

Bench press was very good. The only two 2.5 plates were in use so I couldn't take 320 for a ride and decided instead go for 315 x 6. Which I was able to hit1 ..... with some English on rep number six, but not so much that I went cockney so im taking it as a PR.

Worked up to 330 x 3, this time with no spotter so I was feeling very superior today- energy was great and consistent.

Rest of the day was uneventful but necessary accessory work. Lots of upper back work and some arnolds super-setted with laterals. I'm dressing as Stone Cold Steve Austin this Halloween so I need to really focus on the muscle groups that display nicely in a vest with no shirt.

It's always nice to have a goal.
"feeling very superior " love it!

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Went into the gym later today, my wife made me go grocery shopping with her, and ive been playing shaodow of war which delayed me by a few hours.

Squats started ****ty but got decent. Hit 325 x6 for 2 sets, then 335 x 6 somehow, and a beltless 300 x 8. Usually I go at like 280ish for beltless but I know as of today that I'm making it more difficult in my mind.

While deadlifting I ran into my favorite bartender whomst is enormous so I told him I was glad he saw me deadlifting heavy instead of 10 mins later when I would be wimping out leg extensions as an accessory.

Energy continues to be consistent and interest recovery is king with white flood.

Came home to albondigas and whiskey so it set the stage for an even better night. Ended it watching Ric Flair vs Vader at Starrcade 1993.

Overall, great Saturday.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
2 days, 1 post.

Technology issues prevented me from posting yesterdays workout.

Squats; great squat day.

350 x 5
355 x 4
355 x 4
360 x 3

besides the 360 x 3 none were so called grinders. No questions in my mind about depth either. Fueled by white flood!

I also did not get to the gym late as traffic was only kind of horrible so I was able to do some decent deadlifitng, but not as decent as I'd hoped.

Wanted to do a few sets of 425 x 5 and could only wimp out x 4. Finished with an amrap set of 315, mostly to show everyone that I could. Didn't have to skip accessories either, did some high rep leg press that made me feel like I was in high school again.

Even got some work in on my barely existent calves. Which are overrated, glutes are the real money muscle, everyone knows it. It's why there is so much cash flying around in rap videos.

Today: Light upper body work

The 57 freeway had a fire in brea so i had to take the long way round, got to the gym a little late.

White flood fueld mayhem ensued however.

OHP 160 x 8 x3.

Got cocky and tried 185 which usually I can do for a triple, but only hit 1. But, also didn't pass out so good for me.

Did some Arnold's supersetted with laterals, close grip bench, 275 x 7 for three sets, no english, no spotting.

Finished with a round of upper back work and some rotator cuff prehab.

This stuff is doing its job!

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop white flood, 1 cup of coffee, oats eaten in car, F4Wonline Bryan and Vinny Show all preceded today's bench day.

Which was characterized with highs and lows.

I started crummy, 320 x 3- very tenuous I'd describe it as. Came back and nailed it for 5 like i wanted, bumped up to 325 and only hit 3, threw on a belt and some heavy metal and still only got 3,

But a few months ago this was a PR so once again, I'm not too upset. I am moving this weight with decent form and no pain so I need not be an ingrate. Did some arnolds in place of OHP with 75 lb dumbells supersetted again with lateral raises.

Heavy DB rows - 105 for 3 x 8. Some cable rows, face pulls, ended it with some curls for the gir- uh ladies. My wife says I'm looking leaner as well, perhaps white flood has a thermogenic effect as well? Because my diet is the same, complete with whiskey heavy weekends.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like this has been a pretty good experience so far, eh?

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Rare mid workout post.

Had the day off hence the odd timing. Slept like dog crap last night, tossing and turning all night, weird kinda chest fluttering anxiety.

Got to the gym and the only good rack is taken.

So heavy squats in the tinkertoy rack with the eel slippery bar.

350 x 5
355 x 4
360 x 2
300 x 6 beltless.

First 2 sets were suprisingly decent although hard if that makes sense. I actually went up too fast on rep 2 of 360 and kinda like had to stop myself from falli backward, that ruined me for a 3rd rep.

Deadlifts were ok:

415 x 5
415 x 3
420 x 4

Now onto boring accessories

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Light Upper Body day:

1 cup of joe, thin crust pizza, 1 scoop of white flood.

Main lifts were ohp and close grip bench. Was not feeling it weight wise as much as usual, but pain wise and smoothness-wise I felt great.

Hit 155 for 3 sets of 8-10, finished with an AMRAP set of 135 for fun.

3 sets of 7 on close grip bench with 275- early reps felt strong but form was kinda breaking up by the end.

Arnold's with 70 lb dumbells supersetted as usual with laterals.

Finished with upperback and some bicep work. Traffic was crappy as it has been but I was mature and didn't leave late, so I even got to work early enough to need 45 minutes to get my computer to work.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Another heavy day - everything moved smoothly, no shoulder pain, but I was about a rep off/

1 scoop white flood.

Bench 315x5, 320x4, 325x3, 285 AMRAP

I really believe I could have squeezed out another rep of 325 but didn't trust any of the weaklings around me to spot me if I needed it.

Same old Arnolds and laterals to pray for capped delts.

Heavy dumbbell rows, hit the 110 pounders and did ok, ended with some pre hab for my still not injured shoulders.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Light squats for today, weight was good but damn I feel like garbage.

Got like a migraine like head pressure and dizziness before I even stepped into the gym.

But squats, although I thought I would die, I hit all my #s.

325 x 7
325 x 7
335 x 6
300 x 6 beltless and tired. I get this way every once in awhile so I know if I can lift this way feeling this bad, imagine what I can do when I don't feel like garbage.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Bad squats today. And what's worse, no excuses. White flood has my energy humming, I got the rack I like, minimal hip pain, but I was off on every rep.

355 x 4
355 x 3
355 x 3

Every rep was tenuous, I got way up in my head on the first set and came too forward on my toes, Mis-cued myself the rest of the workout.

Put in some deadlifts which were ok, worked up to 460 for a single, but even that felt harder than it should have been.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Had a great light upper body day,
OHP 3 sets of 160
3 sets of hang cleans
75 lbs dumbells arnolds
275 x 8 three sets close grip bench, no English very tight.

Heavy upper body today felt a rep off again
320 x 4 - had to dump it on the safety rack going for 5
320 x 4 - didn't take a chance on 5
320 x 4 - had a spot on 4
280 x 6 - paused

Did some dumbbell inclined supersetted with incline butterflies for the first time in years, shoulders feel up to it.

Heavy upper back work to finish- too tired for curls

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hate doing curls. They just bore me...probably why I have smaller biceps lol

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Missed some posts this week due to network issues so here are 3 at once:

Heavy squat day Tuesday:
Limited time because of GD traffic so I had to just go for broke on squats.
350x 5
355 x 4
360 x 3

None grinders, no question of depth in my mind.

Finished with some heavy deadlifts. Worked up to a 455 single, which usually I can get for a triple, feel like I need to re dial in my technique.

Weds:
Same story, horrible traffic shorter faster workout.

OHP 160 x 8 x 3
Hang cleans (with no hip pain!)
Lateral raises
Close grip bench 275 x 7 x2 and 280 for 6 to finish.
Face pulls and cable rows.

If it wasn't for white flood I don't think I'd have the interest recovery to have completed this much.

Today:
Heavy bench
Still a rep off

320 x 4
320 x 4
330 x 3
280 x 9

I'm starting out good but having issues resetting between reps which makes the later ones more tenuous. Not a strength issue but a technique one. Every once in a while it's like I "forget" how to bench and have to relearn at a Lower weight again.
That being said I somehow pulled it together for a 330 x 3 with a belt, right as a coworker of mine saw me so the legend spreads. Last rep was a little Englishy but I didn't want to risk some irritating g person spotting me with whom I'd then have to have a conversation with the rest of the session.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate doing curls. They just bore me...probably why I have smaller biceps lol
I'm the same way. Never cared much for them. Most guys at the gym have big biceps and smaller Tri's.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop of white flood, cup of joe, and a zero cal orange monster prior to some light squatting.

In the groove today, left a rep in the tank on each set. Squats were so smooth and dare I say comfortable I didn't want to ruin any set with a grinder.

I've honestly never felt so stable on a walk out before.

325 x 7
330 x 6
335 x 5
300 AMRAP beltless

Observation: what is with these jerks wearing weight belts under their shirts? Can't be more effective or comfortable.

3 sets of 15-20 on leg press, weights on leg press are arbitrary so I'll just put that it was hard.
Leg press is so unsatisfying that I find it more difficult than squats just for that reason.

Couple of accessories and some balance rehab exercises and it was a great day.

It's been over thirty days so look for my final review soon.