White blood cell count disruption

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
Curious to know anyone's thoughts. What would cause a white blood count to drop by 50% with in a five month period?

Went from 7.53 to 3.75 - hit age 30 and I'm falling apart....actually this along with other issues came immediately following a flu shot, maybe a coincidence lol.

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
I'll add, I don't know what my current count is, those above results were from October 2017 then in February 2018

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
This is within normal range. Maybe 5 months ago you were fighting an infection and never noticed

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
This is within normal range. Maybe 5 months ago you were fighting an infection and never noticed
I saw a Dr yesterday, he isn't medical but a Dr of neurology. He said the dip is what he found concerning, and that it could be nothing or it could mean something but it can mean a lot of different things. He said the normal range was somewhere around 7-10 I think and that count is into the millions or hundred millions. Idk if he is wanting me to be extremely carious or if he himself is, just said he thought it was concerning.

Freaked me out because of course, low WBC is associated to cancer.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I saw a Dr yesterday, he isn't medical but a Dr of neurology. He said the dip is what he found concerning, and that it could be nothing or it could mean something but it can mean a lot of different things. He said the normal range was somewhere around 7-10 I think and that count is into the millions or hundred millions. Idk if he is wanting me to be extremely carious or if he himself is, just said he thought it was concerning.

Freaked me out because of course, low WBC is associated to cancer.
Did you get it retested?

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
Not yet, I'm kind of nervous. I'd think though that if my count continued declining since February I'd have some additional things going on. Soon to get it tested though

Newth

Awards
Not yet, I'm kind of nervous. I'd think though that if my count continued declining since February I'd have some additional things going on. Soon to get it tested though
How are you feeling now...
If it was just after a flu vaccine like you said then you could have had a drop in white blood cells due to them fighting the infection, if your body hadn't had time to react before the test well....
Don't let stress stop you getting sh!t checked, do it quick and you get less stress.

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
I would think an influenza shot would trigger an immune system reaction provoking more WBCs... strange. Falling apart, hmm? Just in case you should probably "get your affairs in order..."

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
I would think an influenza shot would trigger an immune system reaction provoking more WBCs... strange. Falling apart, hmm? Just in case you should probably "get your affairs in order..."
I'm not the type to just throw in the towel. I have no plans on dying and no affairs to have I'm order lol. I also speculate that if something were seriously wrong, it's been 6 months since the blood work was doneadt and I had a low count. If that count had declined another 30% or more, I have a strong feeling I'd ****ing know it without getting any tests done.

Either way ingot the blood drawn and have to go pick up my results. So we will see

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
How are you feeling now...
If it was just after a flu vaccine like you said then you could have had a drop in white blood cells due to them fighting the infection, if your body hadn't had time to react before the test well....
Don't let stress stop you getting sh!t checked, do it quick and you get less stress.
I just realized I had the flu vaccine, was on verge of spazzing out, and my blood was normal. It wasn't until 5 months later my count was low, but after the bad reaction to the flu shot and jonlomger being able to have stims without having a panic attack - my count was lowered and from that day forward it was as though I had severe anxiety. Wierdest **** to understand, like a switch was just turned on the day of flu shot.

I should have my results this week, checking some other things too, so we shall see.

DemonDevster

Awards
Curious to know anyone's thoughts. What would cause a white blood count to drop by 50% with in a five month period?

Went from 7.53 to 3.75 - hit age 30 and I'm falling apart....actually this along with other issues came immediately following a flu shot, maybe a coincidence lol.
Aids can have that effect not to scare you or anything

DemonDevster

Awards
I just realized I had the flu vaccine, was on verge of spazzing out, and my blood was normal. It wasn't until 5 months later my count was low, but after the bad reaction to the flu shot and jonlomger being able to have stims without having a panic attack - my count was lowered and from that day forward it was as though I had severe anxiety. Wierdest **** to understand, like a switch was just turned on the day of flu shot.

I should have my results this week, checking some other things too, so we shall see.
That is crazy as fook you sure it was a flu shot you had that makes me think of the american lsd experiments

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
What does this even mean?
I see a Dr for anxiety, the anxiety came on the day of the flu vaccination. He was checking my blood work because he wanted to know if my T4 hormone was messed up. He said some of the things I described happening to me were the same as what happens to people with thyroid issues...I was getting cold extremeties and constricted blood vessels, hair seemed to have really thinned in the corners over that last year, seemed rapidly, body fat seems very hard to lose ...stimulants now have panic attack inducing issues and my heart will feel off - basically what feels cardiovascular side effects

Well my T4 is within normal range 1.18

Dr hasn't given me his opinion on my results yet

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
Aids can have that effect not to scare you or anything
That was one of my first thoughts, that and cancer. But I wouldn't have a clue where I could contracted aids. I don't think I have that though, and my WBC has risen. It's at 5.1... still not where I was before all this though.

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
That is crazy as fook you sure it was a flu shot you had that makes me think of the american lsd experiments
I'm sure I have the paper work from the shot but technically I don't know what they gave me lol. Wouldn't that be some ****. I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist, even after being in the military - don't get my imagination going lol.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I see a Dr for anxiety, the anxiety came on the day of the flu vaccination. He was checking my blood work because he wanted to know if my T4 hormone was messed up. He said some of the things I described happening to me were the same as what happens to people with thyroid issues...I was getting cold extremeties and constricted blood vessels, hair seemed to have really thinned in the corners over that last year, seemed rapidly, body fat seems very hard to lose ...stimulants now have panic attack inducing issues and my heart will feel off - basically what feels cardiovascular side effects

Well my T4 is within normal range 1.18

Dr hasn't given me his opinion on my results yet
I was confused when you said he isn't medical. Did you mean then that he isn't an internist? If he's a neurologist, then he is most definitely medical. Do you have a general physician that you can follow up with? That's your best bet for getting to the bottom of why you had the change or at least get tested again and see where you're at. There can be countless reasons for the change, some that are benign and some that may point to larger issues. Anybody on here is going to be guessing.

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
I was confused when you said he isn't medical. Did you mean then that he isn't an internist? If he's a neurologist, then he is most definitely medical. Do you have a general physician that you can follow up with? That's your best bet for getting to the bottom of why you had the change or at least get tested again and see where you're at. There can be countless reasons for the change, some that are benign and some that may point to larger issues. Anybody on here is going to be guessing.
The plaques and diplomas on his office wall say PhD on neurology, he is a Dr of phycology though. He said he isn't medical.

I have no health insurance so that's what makes seeing a regular Dr for a visit to do further testing an issue. I don't appear to be dying and based on the tests I've had I don't appear to have anything too off the wall happening but since the day of the flu shot, a switch was turned on and i def feel different and react differently to some things as opposed to how I was before.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The plaques and diplomas on his office wall say PhD on neurology, he is a Dr of phycology though. He said he isn't medical.

I have no health insurance so that's what makes seeing a regular Dr for a visit to do further testing an issue. I don't appear to be dying and based on the tests I've had I don't appear to have anything too off the wall happening but since the day of the flu shot, a switch was turned on and i def feel different and react differently to some things as opposed to how I was before.
That's odd. Neurology tends to be medical, so either an MD or DO and they do their residency in neurology. Neuroscience is something that you can get a PhD in, which I did and I highly suggest finding a way to see an MD about this.