Unanswered Which way should I go?

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I got to about 167lbs from 210lbs give or take a pound and my goal was 165lbs. Arms and legs are more vascular but biceps could definitely be more vascular as well as quads. I was doing 5 20 minutes HIIT stair sessions a week and two days off. Bro split with lots of super sets and drop sets. 2,200 calories per day, high protein 260g protein or more, high carb and low fat but I carb cycle from time to time depending on how I look and feel. Thing is I am not looking like much now lol. The pic I attached was at 174lbs so I’m a little more vascular like I said and I have a little more definition in my stomach/abs and veins all over my hips.
I bumped my calories up to 2,600-2,700 per day as of yesterday (just ate a burger the size or my head with venison, ground turkey, bourbon Gouda, oh dude it was awesome 🤤 with sweet potato fries because I was 1,000 calories under) and I dropped the cardio to 10 minutes per day of HIIT on the stairs just because I enjoy it. Same supersets and all that, same intensity. Should I stay with these calories or do this for a week and start my cut again or go back to cutting or full on bulk? Nutrition is pretty on point, aside from a burger from time to time from the local burger place with ground turkey instead of beef. Also I use GDAs constantly because I overproduce insulin AND IGF-1. I’m way over the normal high range for growth.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s really up to you. Do what you want even though I’m sure you’ll get plenty of opinions.

Regardless I’d take 2-4 weeks of calories raised slightly (probably around maintenance) to “relax” a bit then commit to either gaining or cutting again. It’ll give you time to think it over and probably help out with holding a new baseline regardless.

That’s a pretty serious drop (congrats!) and if it was me I’d probably bulk a little then go back to a cut if that’s the long term goal.

Either way good luck and congrats with the progress so far!

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s really up to you. Do what you want even though I’m sure you’ll get plenty of opinions.

Regardless I’d take 2-4 weeks of calories raised slightly (probably around maintenance) to “relax” a bit then commit to either gaining or cutting again. It’ll give you time to think it over and probably help out with holding a new baseline regardless.

That’s a pretty serious drop (congrats!) and if it was me I’d probably bulk a little then go back to a cut if that’s the long term goal.

Either way good luck and congrats with the progress so far!
Thanks bro! Yeah it depends on a few things. I have test prop and tbol on the way and Msten and max LMG on deck but I don’t know what I’m wanting to do with them at the moment. I’m about to go to the beach actually and I’m gonna still be working out (I have to) but I know I’m going to be eating good lol so I figured I’d stay at maintenance til then and just gradually increase my calories. Not going to be taking any orals while I’m on vacation because I’ll be drinking a bit with the old lady. I can lose the weight but I’m just not satisfied with how I look at this body fat percentage with the amount of muscle I have. I just hate to gain in the summer.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So after using my body fat calipers a few times I’ve come out at about 10% body fat. I think it’s time to slowly raise the calories. I also have excess skin around my stomach and chest since I was such a big guy previously and I guess that’s why I feel like I’m not as lean. Who knows.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
IMG_2099.JPG

So this is me at 167lbs currently. Some ab definition but not shredded. Fat calipers day 10% bf and I did it several times and had someone more experienced do it as well. I just think I do t have the muscle mass to make it look as good with excess skin so I need more mass. What do you all think?

@Old Witch thoughts?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Definitely get some more muscle mass.

Hooray steroids!

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sensible bulk here in my opinion just don’t go to mad and end up having to go on a long cut again after it ,well done on your progress,or you could just eat on a slight deficit or surplus through summer and then start

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what do you want to do ,

A.keep losing body-fat
B. Stay lean and slowly add muscle
C. Gain a couple percent bodyfat and add a bit more muscle

?

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
what do you want to do ,

A.keep losing body-fat
B. Stay lean and slowly add muscle
C. Gain a couple percent bodyfat and add a bit more muscle

?
For now I want to stay lean and slowly add muscle. When it starts to cool down I don’t mind adding a little fat.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great job! I would eat at maintainence but add a couple of carb backload meals before your two main workout days....and slowly work upto 170 over the next couple of months. Aim for 1/2 lb a week. I think your body will love the break (and respond well) and it will set the stage for your cycle. Good luck!

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great job! I would eat at maintainence but add a couple of carb backload meals before your two main workout days....and slowly work upto 170 over the next couple of months. Aim for 1/2 lb a week. I think your body will love the break (and respond well) and it will set the stage for your cycle. Good luck!
Thanks man! I’m 173lbs with clothes on haha haven’t had time to properly weigh in. Also really smashed carbs lately so glycogen storage is going to change weight a lot because I’ve been depleted constantly lately.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eat at maintenance for a little bit, slowly raise calories over time. That was my general idea.
Yup, that way you can adjust , if your gaining too much body-fat or not gaining any strength or muscle .