Which TRT Provider

S

SelfMedic

Awards
I have a couple options for TRT.

1) An upscale boutique clinic in a rich town that offers all kinds of cosmetic services too. $1100 for 12 months that includes visits/checkups, but does not include the cost of the test itself.

2) An online-only outfit where I pay for labs and a physical, then I get a batch of test which I self-inject. $200 for the labs, physical with PCP, then $180 for 15-20 weeks of test (depending on dosage up to 200 mg every week...I would probably just do 100 every five days).

Online-only also has hCG and an AI.

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You're getting ripped off either way to be honest, if you're in the USA. $180 for 15-20 weeks of test at 100mgs a week is entirely too high. I had robot out of pocket a few times and got a 1000ml bottle of test for $75.

Keep shopping for a dr that is up on TRT. Go to a compounding pharmacy and ask what dr's in the area prescribe the most test.

DozerDean

DozerDean

Awards
Have you eliminated all the urologist, DO's and endocrinologist in your area? I'm in the process of doing this too. From all the copays and time off work to sit in waiting rooms i could have already paid for an online clinic.

S

SelfMedic

Awards
You're getting ripped off either way to be honest, if you're in the USA. $180 for 15-20 weeks of test at 100mgs a week is entirely too high. I had robot out of pocket a few times and got a 1000ml bottle of test for $75.

Keep shopping for a dr that is up on TRT. Go to a compounding pharmacy and ask what dr's in the area prescribe the most test.
Not to sound unappreciative, but it's too much of a hassle for me to keep scrounging around for ever lower prices. I don't care if I pay $200 for a bottle of test instead of $100. I am eager to get started. I am tired of trying to find doctors who are "down". I am willing to pay a bit more to get test that is properly dosed without the aggravation of trying to convince a doc that I need it.

Also, I'm in the Bay Area and things just seem pricier here than elsewhere. I am literally getting paid 50% more here than I get paid for the same work in places that aren't California or the Northeast.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you self diagnosed? Curious what your bloodwork indicates and if you have had a complete physical/tests to rule out any other physical problems resulting in low T.

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not to sound unappreciative, but it's too much of a hassle for me to keep scrounging around for ever lower prices. I don't care if I pay $200 for a bottle of test instead of $100. I am eager to get started. I am tired of trying to find doctors who are "down". I am willing to pay a bit more to get test that is properly dosed without the aggravation of trying to convince a doc that I need it.

Also, I'm in the Bay Area and things just seem pricier here than elsewhere. I am literally getting paid 50% more here than I get paid for the same work in places that aren't California or the Northeast.
Hey if you have the money and the clinic is going to do thorough blood work then go right ahead. It's not about finding a dr that's "down". It's about finding a dr that is up on TRT and treating you accordingly. As kenpoengineer stated let us know if you've had previous blood work. Don't just jump on TRT. If you can find the cause of your symptoms then have it treated instead of starting TRT and possibly not needing it.

S

SelfMedic

Awards
Post didn't go through. I'm 40 and shut down after my first cycle.

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No longer interested in settling for my natural test levels. But I hear you.
What I'm getting at is you don't want to get in TRT unless you absolutely have to. If you're looking at it as nothing more than to give you a "legal" way to blast a cycle every now and then, that's your decision. I'm not judging man. If you're dead set on it then go to the clinic and get started. I would however stay away from HCG. Too many sides to justify its use unless you're wanting to have kids.

S

SelfMedic

Awards
What I'm getting at is you don't want to get in TRT unless you absolutely have to. If you're looking at it as nothing more than to give you a "legal" way to blast a cycle every now and then, that's your decision. I'm not judging man. If you're dead set on it then go to the clinic and get started. I would however stay away from HCG. Too many sides to justify its use unless you're wanting to have kids.
Why not get on test at my age?

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why not get on test at my age?
Why would you want to be on it at any age? I'm 43 and wish I wasn't on it but I have to be. I'm just saying don't get it on it unless you NEED to.

S

SelfMedic

Awards
Why would you want to be on it at any age? I'm 43 and wish I wasn't on it but I have to be. I'm just saying don't get it on it unless you NEED to.
I am getting smaller and weaker and less horny with age. I don't understand why any man would accept natural diminution of virility if he had the power to fight it.

A

Ares556

Awards
I am getting smaller and weaker and less horny with age. I don't understand why any man would accept natural diminution of virility if he had the power to fight it.
New guy.... But I agree.
I'm 44 and don't see why anyone would accept lower test levels. The quality of life, while being at a higher level is huge.

I can't find anyone I'm my area that's "down".

B

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Most males never in their entire life get their testosterone levels checked I hope you realize this. Only people who have some knowledge of anabolic steroids and/or are into weight lifting seem to care at all. Most people with Low T will never get diagnosed. It's not a primary concern for most people

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We are not saying to accept low T levels. Quite the contrary. If TRT is required then definitely use it. Low T is not just about low libido but it can contribute to so many health issues. What we are saying is to find a good doctor and rule out any health issues that could be causing the low T before just jumping into TRT.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Let me say, trt should be last resort. I am on trt and have been for 4 years. I wishes I would have wanted longer, although I had tanked and felt horrible. I have never taken aas or phohormones or anything before. It was just simply my time.
I went to a anti aging clinic.
My test was 142 total. I was 34 years old. Very active. So it just went.
He put me on on 200 cc a week.
At first I could get a 20 ml bottle but law changed since then.
Only 10ml at a time now.

I felt much better after about 2 or 3 weeks and was pretty much my old self. I used hcg with it too and that was awesome but very expensive.

My first visit was 250, labs 65,
After that now my visit every 10 weeks is
80, my script is 80. My labs are every 3-6 months and they 80 also.

Worth it? To me every dime.

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Kenpoengineer couldn't have said it any better.

V

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I have been on about 3 or 4 years. I wish i didn't need it. My PCP handles my TRT 2 visits a year 2 blood draws a year and just over 2multi use vials of test a year at 22 to 67 a vial. I spent 2 years trying to improve natural function because i HATE being dependant on a medication to be normal especially with the **** storm we call health care in the USA.

If you are doing it for health go see a doctor in person. If you are doing it for anything else just go to an anti aging or similar boutique practice that will prescribe much more than test.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
42 on TRT for 5 years and love it. Not just because I feel better than I ever have, but because I am in control. Would it be great to always have 600-800 levels of test throughout life, sure, but that just isn't happening and knowing I can take care of it and look and feel better than most 20 year olds is fantastic.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
I'd say look for an anti-aging men's clinic. The one I go to is called Ageless Men's Health and they have locations across the country (US).

My insurance covers it too, since my levels were actually low for my age. I pay a $10 co-pay every week for test, HCG, and an AI.

Blood draws are also included in the co-pay.

Look them up and see if there's one in your area, or something similar.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
I'd say look for an anti-aging men's clinic. The one I go to is called Ageless Men's Health and they have locations across the country (US).

My insurance covers it too, since my levels were actually low for my age. I pay a $10 co-pay every week for test, HCG, and an AI.

Blood draws are also included in the co-pay.

Look them up and see if there's one in your area, or something similar.
That's awesome, I wish more insurance places saw the benefits of having a male with higher test, it would help with lots of long term health issues.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome, I wish more insurance places saw the benefits of having a male with higher test, it would help with lots of long term health issues.
Yeah. I'm not too familiar with how insurance works, but I would imagine that if you had labs done and could show the insurance company that you have a legit medical need for test, most of them should have no problems covering it, right?

Assuming you have a good insurance company anyway.

I mean, if you had low thyroid, low cortisol, aldosterone, or any other hormone, they would cover it without question.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Some insurance just suck. I will leave it at thay

R

Raptor3

Awards
I went the pellet route. After insurance it costs me about $600 but it's good for 6-8 months. My T went from 340 something to 1264. Loving it and worth every penny.

J

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What I am not getting from your posts is are you smaller, weaker less horny in your shutdown post cycle or have been for quite some time? The point is that being on HRT IF you can get your levels high enough with some PCT care is crazy. If you cant then I totally understand.

I

J

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I went the pellet route. After insurance it costs me about $600 but it's good for 6-8 months. My T went from 340 something to 1264. Loving it and worth every penny.
How long did it take your Dr to titrate your pellet dosage

R

Raptor3

Awards
I'm in the middle of my first dose. I went from a 340ish to 1264 in 3 months. Feel great. Scheduled for more labs at the end of June to see where I'm at. July 8th will be my 6 month mark

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
waiting for my labs to come back and a follow up visit with the Dr in 2 weeks to see if I need HRT/TRT. Just over a month away from 49, but have been having symptoms for a couple of months now. Not sure if I am hoping I need it or not, to be honest. Either way I am pretty sure my insurance won't cover it, but the doctor said the pellets would cost me approx $105 ~ $110 per month out of pocket, that includes the office visits (he quoted the $600 - $700 for a 6 month course of treatment, depending on how many pellets I needed). So that is not much more than what some are paying after insurance. I am just too chicken to pin my own TRT, plus I like the idea of the "even, consistent" aspect of the pellets (once they are dialed in, of course).

R

Raptor3

Awards
I didn't want them being only 39 next month but my levels were low for my age and I was tired of feeling like ****. I figure I spend $100 a month on more ridiculous stuff. So far I'm really happy. My doc uses biote medical pellets

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
My doc uses BioTE pellets too. I also agree that I spend a fair bit on various "test booster" supplements, that would become obsolete if on TRT. Plus, if I do end up on TRT, and I ever decide to do a cycle, it will make PCT easier/cheaper. Either way the labs will help determine my fate :)

Thanks for sharing your experiences!