Which training for hard core mass?

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
I'm 18y/o with ~1.5 years experience in gym and my current goal is to gain hard core mass for 6 weeks (i have 6weeks left after that i will start my diet for prom haha). I know everything about nutrition for gaining mass but i think about following proper program and i have list of programs i found on the internet so check the list below:

Lyle’s Generic Bulking Routine **
West Side for Skinny Bastards (i'm not skinny but however haha)**
GVT**
Serge Nubret Pump Training
Dorian Yates 3 days HIT (i will post this program tomorrow, i know that he did this program on his beginnings so i will share it)

**- I don't know where to find original schedules for this programs so i need your help, Please send me in inbox or post here where i can find original and all details about these programs.

Which of these should i try?? Anyone had experience with some of these programs??
MI40 just not for me... soo i need new solution.

This is all, thanks advanced!! Cheers!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6 weeks isn't enough time for any program to make a huge difference.

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
I know bro, believe me but i don't have another choice ... If i train mass for 7 weeks i have 16-17 weeks for cutting .... Maybe i can train for 8 weeks max mass and after 14-15weeks cutting. When i say mass i mean with lots of eating... My goals are not sci-fi.. i know how much i can gain with 6-8weeks mass but i want to waste that time for good gains, maximum for that time (i know i can't gain something HUGE but that is all).. So what is your opinion about programs???

napalm

napalm

Awards
Calories in > calories out is far more important than any program.

And just so I understand, you want to bulk for 6 weeks than cut for 16-17?

Que?

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
Because I'm sure i will gain some body fat while i'm bulking so i decide to do 8 weeks bulkig, 12-13weeks cutting... And now anyone help me with choosing program... which of those is better??

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
Ok but now i'm not skinny, im chubby guy and now i have little bit of body fat. While bulking i will add some more body fat, and that is the reason i want to cut for 12-13weeks slow cutting with Carb cycling or other diet... But i want to hear your opinion... starting from next week till the middle of May (when is my prom) i have left 22-23weeks... How much bulking, how much cutting??

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As a "chubby guy", I think the better term to accommodate your goals is recomping. You want to build muscle while losing fat. Am I correct? Because if you're chubby, then you have probably been eating at a higher than recommended maintenance amount of calories. So you're already bulking, or have been bulking, as in eating in a surplus. I don't think you need to far exceed what calories you're taking in already. Problem is, is that this is a far longer process than 6 weeks. So choose one or the other now. Recomp and stick with it for the long haul. Or cut now, and drop some BF. Then you can do a true bulk. Just my 2 cents

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
As a "chubby guy", I think the better term to accommodate your goals is recomping. You want to build muscle while losing fat. Am I correct? Because if you're chubby, then you have probably been eating at a higher than recommended maintenance amount of calories. So you're already bulking, or have been bulking, as in eating in a surplus. I don't think you need to far exceed what calories you're taking in already. Problem is, is that this is a far longer process than 6 weeks. So choose one or the other now. Recomp and stick with it for the long haul. Or cut now, and drop some BF. Then you can do a true bulk. Just my 2 cents
No,no,no. I'm naturally chubby but i lost some BF and now i want to bulk for while and start cutting.. I will choose something between GVT or WS4SB3

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No,no,no. I'm naturally chubby but i lost some BF and now i want to bulk for while and start cutting.. I will choose something between GVT or WS4SB3
Ok. The only one of those programs that I have done is GVT, so it is the only one I can speak for. But I loved it. Lost some overall strength on my Bench Press and Squat, but it did add some mass especially to my chest and middle of my back. Good luck man, you have lots of time ahead of you to try them all!!

But the volume did add strength to my Deadlifts and most Rowing Exercises.

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
Ok. The only one of those programs that I have done is GVT, so it is the only one I can speak for. But I loved it. Lost some overall strength on my Bench Press and Squat, but it did add some mass especially to my chest and middle of my back. Good luck man, you have lots of time ahead of you to try them all!!

But the volume did add strength to my Deadlifts and most Rowing Exercises.
Thanks bro, i will try to find someone who did the WS4SB3 to tell me the results so i have 2days left to finally choose what i will do.

badwolf42

Awards
You might want to check out dan johns mass made simple.

Why do you need to lean out for prom ? If you plan on doing the whole fitted tux thing you'll be fine. A properly tux will actually hide a great deal of extra weight and a little extra weight will make it look better. You still have a long time a short bulk and long cut probably isn't what you need. As long as you don't get crazy fat with the bulk. A bulk and recomp would probably work better

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think a recomp would aid you more as you can still see great results in a different gameplan. Whats the timeframe you are working with? I thought most proms are in May, that should give you 5 months and at your age you should have plenty of time

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
I think a recomp would aid you more as you can still see great results in a different gameplan. Whats the timeframe you are working with? I thought most proms are in May, that should give you 5 months and at your age you should have plenty of time
What do you mean with this question?? My prom is middle of May. And i think its better to give this program a try....

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
you have your bulk/cut cycles backward. You should be bulking much longer than your cutting

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Program wise you will see the biggest improvement if you pick the opposite of what you have been doing for the past few months. Base this off of intensity(% of 1rm) and volume.

More importantly I would advise you to get lean first, then work on adding muscle. No, it is not as fun, but it is a lot better to get lean then have 10 weeks to slowly add some mass as apposed to bulking too long and having to cut so hard that you lose a lot of your gains. I know this from experience.

I agree with Dma378, a recomp is your best bet right now. I am going to be trying my first recomp in January, so I will just tell you my plan and if you like it you can try the same.
Basically I plan to stay at maintenance calories and every week weight myself on an empty stomach in the morning. If my weight goes up then I will lower my calories by 50. If weight drops or stays the same I will keep the calories the same for the next week. If it drops by more than a pound I will up my calories by 50 the next week.

The point is to lose fat with the highest amount of calories. This will allow you to add a little muscle/keep virtually all that you have while losing fat.

If you are really set on a break from dieting then take either 2 weeks now or 2 weeks in a few weeks and eat maybe 100-200 above maintenance. I would not normally advise going so high so fast, but for a break from dieting that is fine. During this time train to failure, then after that start up GVT and recomp.

For natural guys it is important to take things slow, if not when cutting you lose too much muscle and when bulking you gain too much fat, so if you do start bulking with your time left after you get lean I would advise you to do the recomp plan, but more geared towards gaining, so if you lose weight at all you add 50 calories, until you are gaining no more than .8 pounds a week.

Good luck!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Carb cycling WHILE you're trying to gain LBM is a great way to recomp, along with loads of protein. Super sets and HIIT during lifting sessions will help as well no matter what program you choose.