Which steroid(s) would be best for my elderly father?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
My dad is 76 years old and I was thinking of putting him some kind of a TRT cruise to help him with his general health and prevent sarcopenia although he does lift weights and ride an exercise bike.

I'm guessing testosterone would just be best, and maybe some GH or a GH peptide, although he's not fond of injections.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

Thanks,
-SS

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
put him on creatine first. its proven and good for mental and overall health. no need to make him inject anything. then maybe some Ursamajor, AET-50 for immunity and maybe some Hellios for systemic inflammation and soo much more, and he could likely stay off trt.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
helios for prostate and alpha seven for lipids...this is where i would start

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would tread very lightly here. If he's getting older - do you know all the medications he is on? Have you seen thorough blood work on him? Are you discussing this with his doctor?

Sure, it could sound great to preserve muscle mass; but at what cost. While you and I may be able to take some additional stress on the heart or a slight thickening of the blood for instance - maybe he just can't take it at his age and something goes horribly wrong. Maybe he is on a medication that you are unaware of or don't know some obscure side effect of and there is a horrible interaction.

He sounds like he's doing a lot right if he is lifting weights. Get him eating well if he doesn't already. I like the creatine suggestion and agmatine could be good as well - not for sarcopenia as much as for its other health benefits.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
put him on creatine first. its proven and good for mental and overall health. no need to make him inject anything. then maybe some Ursamajor, AET-50 for immunity and maybe some Hellios for systemic inflammation and soo much more, and he could likely stay off trt.
I've tried to put him on creatine, but he just refuses to take it. Either his memory is getting too bad or he just doesn't want to take it. He's a stubborn old codder. What are AET-50 and is Hellios that supplement with the circummin in it?

helios for prostate and alpha seven for lipids...this is where i would start
Can you tell me what Alpha Seven is?

I would tread very lightly here. If he's getting older - do you know all the medications he is on? Have you seen thorough blood work on him? Are you discussing this with his doctor?

Sure, it could sound great to preserve muscle mass; but at what cost. While you and I may be able to take some additional stress on the heart or a slight thickening of the blood for instance - maybe he just can't take it at his age and something goes horribly wrong. Maybe he is on a medication that you are unaware of or don't know some obscure side effect of and there is a horrible interaction.

He sounds like he's doing a lot right if he is lifting weights. Get him eating well if he doesn't already. I like the creatine suggestion and agmatine could be good as well - not for sarcopenia as much as for its other health benefits.
He's actually pretty healthy for his age. He's not on any medications and I do see his blood work. I haven't discussed this with his doctor, as I thought I would just do a homebrew TRT. He has no heart conditions.

But, obviously, you're right, it would be best to get him on TRT with the doctor, however, our IM doctor will not prescribe any type of injectable androgen. A few years ago some studies came out showing testosterone linked to cardiovascular disease, which is complete BS and has been disproven time and time again, so all the doctors are afraid of getting malpractice lawsuits if they prescribe testosterone and the patient winds up dead for whatever reason. So, I'd have to take him to a place that's not covered by his medicare. There is only one place locally that will prescribe TRT to anyone with testosterone levels that are above normal (and his are, but just barely), but they charge $60 every two weeks for a shot. I can buy an entire bottle of testosterone on the black market for $60.

So, I was thinking of just giving it to him in small doses like test c/e at 250mg a week and he can get regular blood tests every six months. I really feel like it would benefit him a lot, along with possibly Proviron to keep his estrogen in check and all that good stuff.

Hardly any of us go to the doctor for actual AAS, so I thought I might put him on it as a trial to see how he responds to it and if he likes it, we can keep going and keep a regular look at his heart.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
250 is way to high. Maybe 150mgs of test a week. At that age I’d also make sure to get a physical and go through a dr as well.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe look into Dhea and MCT oil. Creatine as mentioned is a great idea and make sure his vit D levels are in upper 25th percent of the ref range. Also, every person I’ve recommended a grounding mat for their bed has loved it. Something to look into.

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Maybe look into Dhea and MCT oil. Creatine as mentioned is a great idea and make sure his vit D levels are in upper 25th percent of the ref range. Also, every person I’ve recommended a grounding mat for their bed has loved it. Something to look into.
Do you have reputable sources for a grounding mat? Interesting subject, hard for newbies to know which sellers have legit products. Thanks!

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is a grounding mat?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
MCT oil? For what?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you have reputable sources for a grounding mat? Interesting subject, hard for newbies to know which sellers have legit products. Thanks!
I agree cause I think some products are very subpar. I like this site and products.

There should be good education on the site as well. Products may seem pricy but they are quality and if you use it every night/day (I have one on the floor of my work desk) then they aren’t too bad.

I have AS and it was pivotal in helping reduce my inflammation and basically be symptom free. Many family and friends feel a difference i their sleep quality and level of general inflammation. Inversely, if I travel and don’t bring a mat, I toss and turn all night.

Not trying to sell anything nor am I associated with the company. Just something that has helped multiple people I’ve recommended to and myself. DM me your results if you get one and notice an effect or not.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
250 is way to high. Maybe 150mgs of test a week. At that age I’d also make sure to get a physical and go through a dr as well.
Yeah, that might be a good idea.

Yeah dude I’m 35 and use 150. He would be fine at a lower dose
Good to know. I don't experience any good results unless I'm using 250mg or more.

Unfortunately, he has a lot of trouble with taking pills and supplements. I buy them for them, then he just won't take them. I don't know why, he claims it's because he needs to take them with food and he gets full when he's done. I'll suggest he has his D levels checked next time he goes to the doctor or if we buy a blood test online. But, he spends a lot of time out in the sun, so he should be getting pretty good D absorption. You only have to spend about 15 minutes out in the sun to get enough vitamin D in your system for the day (the source on this is my mom, so I can't look it up, but it's just a mom fact, so you gotta believe her! :D)

What is a grounding mat?
I would like to know this also

Should help with sustaining cognitive function in elderly as there is data showing improvement in mild dementia patients.
I think his cholesterol is kind of high, so I'm not sure MCT oil is the best option. If he could add some coconut oil into his diet he would be getting that though.

Wont take creatine....Sticking to a TRT regimen isn’t going to be easier...
Since it's a once a week shot, it would be easier for him since he only has to take it once a week as opposed to daily. Don't ask me, that's just my dad for you. He's a stubborn old curmudgeon sometimes, so I have a lot of trouble convincing him he has to take his pills.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The whole idea of conspiring to push a man, well into his years, into an unapproved hormone replacement protocol without him here to give his input on the situation to be very uncomfortable. How likely is it that he'd react positively to the knowledge of this thread?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The whole idea of conspiring to push a man, well into his years, into an unapproved hormone replacement protocol without him here to give his input on the situation to be very uncomfortable. How likely is it that he'd react positively to the knowledge of this thread?
No need to guilt trip me man, I'm just thinking about it. :cry:

If his test was truly low, I'm sure my doc would give him something like Andriol or some topical Androtest. Both of those are sh!tty options, IMO.

Like I said, my doc won't rx injectable testosterone and the only place locally I can go charges $60 for a shot every two weeks. The other places are very expensive and require him to be below his natty test levels. He's just above them by a hair, so they won't rx the injectable test to him if he's in normal range.

I also just want to be clear, my dad is not some old man who sits around in a rocking chair all day. He's a spry old dude who owns a Jeep and goes on jeep outings and lifts and does cardio, he works around the house a lot and is the CEO of his own real estate business building apartments he runs by himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac
THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lol this is a bit dramatic. It’s not like the son posted his picture and full name. He is just getting ideas. I would be honored if my son wanted to help me out and had more knowledge than me

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No need to guilt trip me man, I'm just thinking about it. :cry:

If his test was truly low, I'm sure my doc would give him something like Androiol or some topical Androtest. Both of those are sh!tty options, IMO.

Like I said, my doc won't rx injectable testosterone and the only place locally I can go charges $60 for a shot every two weeks. The other places are very expensive and require him to be below his natty test levels. He's just above them by a hair, so they won't rx the injectable test to him if he's in normal range.

I also just want to be clear, my dad is not some old man who sits around in a rocking chair all day. He's a spry old dude who owns a Jeep and goes on jeep outings and lifts and does cardio, he works around the house a lot and is the CEO of his own real estate business building apartments he runs by himself.
Not trying to guilt trip you bro. And I wasn't pegging him as a pop in his chair, and that's why it was bothersome. If he's capable of taking care of himself, offer the advice and let him take the wheel.

Lol this is a bit dramatic. It’s not like the son posted his picture and full name. He is just getting ideas. I would be honored if my son wanted to help me out and had more knowledge than me
Maybe I'm just in my feelings about it. If I'm capable of making my own decisions, I will. And if I'm getting help making them, I'd like to be part of the process. I'm not saying that he's embarrassing his dad or anything of the sort. I'm saying that if someone other than a doctor was consulting his peers about what to "put me on", I'd feel disrespected.

I imagine there's some prior conversation you've had with your father that would help contextualize what brings you to create this thread?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not trying to guilt trip you bro. And I wasn't pegging him as a pop in his chair, and that's why it was bothersome. If he's capable of taking care of himself, offer the advice and let him take the wheel.
Well I'm certainly not going to hold him down and jam a needle in him or anything. :D It's just an option I was thinking about for him since I have access to testosterone now for relatively cheap, I thought he might be able to use it as well and get some benefits from it.

I imagine there's some prior conversation you've had with your father that would help contextualize what brings you to create this thread?
Nope. I haven't told my father even about my own AAS use yet, but I plan to in the near future and at that point I was going to find out if he might be interested in getting some for himself.

Btw, I sent you a PM.

Heybros1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
You wanna give your almost 80 year old father home brewed **** at a dose like 250 a week and he is already in decent health. You may have a good heart but you aren't thinking rationally. If you wanna help him do it under a doctors supervision not some online forum filled with bros who like to play with hormones and read google articles.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You wanna give your almost 80 year old father home brewed **** at a dose like 250 a week and he is already in decent health. You may have a good heart but you aren't thinking rationally. If you wanna help him do it under a doctors supervision not some online forum filled with bros who like to play with hormones and read google articles.
He’s been banned. We can let the thread die

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He’s been banned. We can let the thread die
Why did he get banned?

Never mind. Found it. Affiliate links. Funny cause I wasn’t paying attention to his posts and just thought they were really thorough lol. Thought to myself damn this guy has a lot of time on his hands.

Last edited:

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I agree cause I think some products are very subpar. I like this site and products.

There should be good education on the site as well. Products may seem pricy but they are quality and if you use it every night/day (I have one on the floor of my work desk) then they aren’t too bad.

I have AS and it was pivotal in helping reduce my inflammation and basically be symptom free. Many family and friends feel a difference i their sleep quality and level of general inflammation. Inversely, if I travel and don’t bring a mat, I toss and turn all night.

Not trying to sell anything nor am I associated with the company. Just something that has helped multiple people I’ve recommended to and myself. DM me your results if you get one and notice an effect or not.
Thanks for the info appreciate it. Kinda piqued my interest even more.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am particularly interested in your take on Hellios and how it works
hellios is supercharged curcumin. at least in that oral curcumin ultimately converts into tetrahydro-curcumin. the THC found in hellios goes directly to work systemically and does a host of things beyond the standard anti inflammatory stuff. the science is quite stunning when looking into this stuff. serious. its absolutely a must have staple for everyone looking for health and wellness. Its really beneficial for optimizing ones hormonal output and has a very unique action on estrogen and prolactin. Its use can have profound effects on BPH as well as tons of other stuff. I am linking to the Nos fathers write up on the subject for your further edification.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
he’s defo banned bro. On the kratom thread it’s clear
good! no offense...but he got on my nerves lol! im sure he will pop up later with a diff name :-(

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Except the ones who died immediately after the first cycle. Which is most of them based in this thread.
He sure will find one that the title seems to relate to the subject. Until you dig deeper and réalise it doesn’t talk about what he’s trying to defend, rather it talks about bananas and cucumbers. He will be missed. Not.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
He sure will find one that the title seems to relate to the subject. Until you dig deeper and réalise it doesn’t talk about what he’s trying to defend, rather it talks about bananas and cucumbers. He will be missed. Not.
I think you quoted the wrong post, but man how did you get it here from another thread? That's skills. I get what you mean though 😁

Edit: Oh, I see there's an "add quote" option that carries to any thread. My AM skills are growing by the minute.

Last edited:
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think you quoted the wrong post, but man how did you get it here from another thread? That's skills. I get what mean though 😁

Edit: Oh, I see there's an "add quote" option that carries to any thread. My AM skills are growing by the minute.
Oh **** wtf. Impressive enough for an idiot like me hehe