Which powerlifting program would you reccomend for me?

icrackaboy

Awards
My max bench is 205, max deadlift is 405, and squat is 275. I can go to the gym anywhere from 4-5 times a week.

Edit: I weigh only 160 if that matters.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How long have you been training? What frequency (ie. sessions per week) have you previously trained with? Are there any specific programs youve had success with historically?

icrackaboy

Awards
How long have you been training? What frequency (ie. sessions per week) have you previously trained with? Are there any specific programs youve had success with historically?
I've only been training for about a year. I usually train for 4-5 times a week. If I feel a little rested I would make my 5th day a medium full body day. I've never done any program before, just lots of compound lifting. I usually do an upper body and lower body split though.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Linear progression untill you stall.
5x5 all of the big 3. Try adding 5 lbs each week.
So for bench go to about 60% of max and have at it. If you can do 5 sets of 5 reps add 5lbs next time
( it should feel easy the first workout) make every rep perfect.
Also I'd say try to gain 10lbs over the next 12 weeks but that's just my preference for novices.

icrackaboy

Awards
Linear progression untill you stall.
5x5 all of the big 3. Try adding 5 lbs each week.
So for bench go to about 60% of max and have at it. If you can do 5 sets of 5 reps add 5lbs next time
( it should feel easy the first workout) make every rep perfect.
Also I'd say try to gain 10lbs over the next 12 weeks but that's just my preference for novices.
What do i do if I stall within the first month or two?

icrackaboy

Awards
Then deload drop back to 80% and try again.
Or switch to 531 or something like that.
Have you ran any program before
No I have not ran any program at all before. I do not think i will stall but if I do then I will look at the 531. Should I do any specific accessory exercises?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No I have not ran any program at all before. I do not think i will stall but if I do then I will look at the 531. Should I do any specific accessory exercises?
Tricep extensions
Face pulls
Reverse hypers
Pull ups
Stuff like that
As you progress 5x5 will be harder and harder to complete

Titan6

Awards
I'm fairly new to PL but the coach I hired has me doing something called Conjugate. I really like it. Strength has gone up faster than anything else I've done.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm fairly new to PL but the coach I hired has me doing something called Conjugate. I really like it. Strength has gone up faster than anything else I've done.
Sweet. Good coach.