Which is more androgenic - epiandrosterone or androsterone?

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Wondering which of the transdermals (Ultra Epi/epiandrosterone), Ultra Hard (a mix of both), or Alpha Seven will raise DHT the most. I'm less concerned with muscle building and more with building androgenic features like body hair.

Any suggestions?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Isn’t the Seven just 7-keto dhea? Pretty much should be treated as non-hormonal, just a fat loss product.

Androsterone and EpiAndro are both supposed to convert to DHT, but I’ve never seen a hard number for how much you can get. Overall, effects are gonna vary person to person. You won’t really know what it’ll do for you until you test it out.

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Isn’t the Seven just 7-keto dhea? Pretty much should be treated as non-hormonal, just a fat loss product.

Androsterone and EpiAndro are both supposed to convert to DHT, but I’ve never seen a hard number for how much you can get. Overall, effects are gonna vary person to person. You won’t really know what it’ll do for you until you test it out.
Thanks, Jeremy. Before I decided on which Iconic Formulations to go with, I wanted to get some input based on my goals on increasing androgens/virilization instead of focusing on muscle building. I think my goal is to maximize DHT.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would give the nodd to epiandro as the cost makes it so you can use more for the same price.

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I would give the nodd to epiandro as the cost makes it so you can use more for the same price.
Is there any sort of synergism with either androsterone or DHEA? Or should I just go with the straight epi and see what happens?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ounce per ounce you get more beer than whiskey for same price-eh?
:)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

alpha seven is Androsterone + 7-keto.

ultra hard is androsterone + epiandro

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think Androsterone has better conversion to DHT, but like Seacow mentioned, you tend to use more Epiandro, so I don't know how it ends up being in practice. I'd personally get UH or A7 and UE both and apply as you wish respectively.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is there any sort of synergism with either androsterone or DHEA? Or should I just go with the straight epi and see what happens?
for a guide to exactly what androsterone is/does go to this write up...'primordial performance presents androhard'

for a explanation of the difference between epiandro & androsterone just google it...'what is the difference between epiandro and androsterone'....it is always best to do your own research when possible first and then you can ask more detail oriented questions...thanks!!!(y):)

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Just ordered Ultra Epi and Sustain Alpha. Thanks, thebigt, for discount!

I'll report back on what happens. Plan to apply both of these to my balls.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thank you! Where do you suggest I apply it?
Upper body, everywhere above nipples. Neck and traps have a lot of these enzymes, that convert PH's, like DHEA and it's metabolites to their target hormones. Can use inner arms aswell, if need more real estate. Forearms ok too. Thin skin areas allways good for transdermals.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
900mg of transdermal epiandro should be kick ass. Just remember tho, if your not on testosterone you may want to pick up something that converts to estrogen like 4 Andro or dermacrine. Even tho epiandro sends sex drive soaring for many ppl, somewhere down the line your not gonna have much if any estrogen and that could/probably will send sexual function down the toilet.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
900mg of transdermal epiandro should be kick ass. Just remember tho, if your not on testosterone you may want to pick up something that converts to estrogen like 4 Andro or dermacrine. Even tho epiandro sends sex drive soaring for many ppl, somewhere down the line your not gonna have much if any estrogen and that could/probably will send sexual function down the toilet.
You probably mean 450 mg of TD Epiandro, and are thinking the equvalient oral dose of approx 900 mg 😁

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
And to confirm ... this regimen should raise DHT significantly, correct?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I also have Stano-Plex capsules. Would using both simultaneously be too much?
Depends on how you react to it/them. Oral has stronger on set effect, but it's more short lived. But that makes it good for preWO. When I've ran UH, I've applied UH in the morning and took Stano-Plex preWO, to get the best of both worlds. So just play around with them and the dosings and see what you like.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
And to confirm ... this regimen should raise DHT significantly, correct?
Don't think I've ever seen any blood test results, but it does work for what it's used for, and it's effects are of typical DHT compounds.

About increasing body hair and stuff to that nature, I don't know. Does anything do that reliably?

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Don't think I've ever seen any blood test results, but it does work for what it's used for, and it's effects are of typical DHT compounds.

About increasing body hair and stuff to that nature, I don't know. Does anything do that reliably?
I'm told that gel T (Hyrdogel) and DHT cream to scrotum is your best shot at intentionally raising DHT, and that this will most likely result in body hair development along with everything else DHT is known for - sex drive, balding, etc.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm told that gel T (Hyrdogel) and DHT cream to scrotum is your best shot at intentionally raising DHT, and that this will most likely result in body hair development along with everything else DHT is known for - sex drive, balding, etc.
I don't see a reason to apply DHT or PH to DHT to scrotum. DHEA and test applied to scrotum can increase the conversion to DHT, I think. But maybe someone will correct me, if I'm wrong here.

I've seen some people report some increase in body hair with some (dht) compounds, but not everyone gets the same effect with the same compounds. And balding is mostly about individual predisposition, so again some gets hair shedding, some don't. That's why I said 'reliably' before. But yeah, I don't mean to piss on your attempt, but it's try and see. No one can tell you before hand, if you'll get those effects or not.

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate everyone's patience with this odd endeavor. For most guys, they hate the body growth that accompanies TRT or steroid use. For me, it's part of the goal. I will take as much as I can get, it's just me.
I have zero chance of losing head hair. I am 56 and my hair is heavier now than it has ever been. No hair line recession whatsoever. So bring on the DHT.
I would sincerely love to hear from guys who experienced significant body hair growth (beard, chest, arms, legs, shoulders, stomach) and what they were on that caused it.
If OTC stuff does not work, I will seek TRT and probably start T gel therapy to the balls. My TT is around 400.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't apply Epi to balls. No benefit and could sting and even be harmful.
Seriously why not?!? I do this with Ultra Hard. Supposed to be a very effective spot for TD's.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Seriously why not?!? I do this with Ultra Hard. Supposed to be a very effective spot for TD's.
Well, I don't see the benefit, as I explained earlier. Other than maybe thin skin, but it's also a small area. I think I've also seen TD brands reps or owners (can't remember specifically) advice against it. But if you get the green light from @delsolrob then I'll stand corrected.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
What does @nostrum420 say, Stanogen to balls, yay or nay?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, I don't see the benefit, as I explained earlier. Other than maybe thin skin, but it's also a small area. I think I've also seen TD brands reps or owners (can't remember specifically) advice against it. But if you get the green light from @delsolrob then I'll stand corrected.
It's a great spot for TD's, IMO. Now it may sting, depending on the TD but I never have an issue.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I appreciate everyone's patience with this odd endeavor. For most guys, they hate the body growth that accompanies TRT or steroid use. For me, it's part of the goal. I will take as much as I can get, it's just me.
I have zero chance of losing head hair. I am 56 and my hair is heavier now than it has ever been. No hair line recession whatsoever. So bring on the DHT.
I would sincerely love to hear from guys who experienced significant body hair growth (beard, chest, arms, legs, shoulders, stomach) and what they were on that caused it.
If OTC stuff does not work, I will seek TRT and probably start T gel therapy to the balls. My TT is around 400.
For your purposes I think moderate dosing for a LONG duration will result in greater overall long-term results. Total hunch but like muscle I do believe you are only going to experience androgenic changes at a certain pace.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
oh **** so you actually tried it? I was just making a witty joke.
I think he's saying there's a transient redirection of blood flow after rubbing the product on.

0_o

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am probably trying to rub it in too much. Easy to get carried away and before you know it ...
We do recommend applying moisturizer between applications of our products!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would caution applying DHT cream adjacent to your prostate 😱

I received your email and the question on our site about this (on iconic formulations) - increasing DHT may cause increased facial and body hair. there is some evidence that may suggest applying androsterone to your genitals may promote growth - but, again, this is considered dangerous because of long term prostate health. There's a group of women on reddit using alpha andro (topical androsterone) by alpha gainz to instigate genital growth...I don't understand the desire for women to grow their clits, but whatever floats their boats. This is not something we recommend, but they seem to be getting their desired results.

here's a post of a member on TRT using Alpha Seven (contains androsterone) - their DHT level skyrocketed:

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
I like iconic products but the carrier is a bit harsh on my skin. If I don't rotate application sites I get rashy and my skin peels. One time I tried Dermacrine on my balls and it burned like a M'Fugga! Poor scrote was in bad shape for a few days. Never making that mistake again.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like iconic products but the carrier is a bit harsh on my skin. If I don't rotate application sites I get rashy and my skin peels. One time I tried Dermacrine on my balls and it burned like a M'Fugga! Poor scrote was in bad shape for a few days. Never making that mistake again.
gotta keep that moisturizer going...particularly if you have naturally dry skin.

Honestly, that's odd that dermacrine would cause irritation...it's mostly water and should be extremely easy on the skin. If dermacrine got you then you have extremely sensitive skin.

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
gotta keep that moisturizer going...particularly if you have naturally dry skin.

Honestly, that's odd that dermacrine would cause irritation...it's mostly water and should be extremely easy on the skin. If dermacrine got you then you have extremely sensitive skin.
Yeah, I must. My skin reacts intensely to some things. I just rotate sites and use lotion. Works fine that way.

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm not worried. My ballsack is like an old leather mailbag. Like a fine piece of leather burnished from time and lots of use.

Motorcross019

Awards
I'm not worried. My ballsack is like an old leather mailbag. Like a fine piece of leather burnished from time and lots of use.
Been trying to find some topical t for a week now, who is the best sponsor to go to?who are y’all using? Thanks in advance. T shots not working out for me. No matter what I try breaking out in a rash.

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Been trying to find some topical t for a week now, who is the best sponsor to go to?who are y’all using? Thanks in advance. T shots not working out for me. No matter what I try breaking out in a rash.
I'm in on this too. Was planning to try to get a prescription for Hydrogel from Defy.

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I tried using the Ultra-Epi this morning and the dispenser won't work. I've had this issue before with Sustain Alpha. When I press the pump, it's like there is a leak in the tube and bottom won't draw up, squeezing the stuff out. Really disappointing.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You could try opening the cap in the bottom and pushing from the inside with a suitable object.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry for the frustration. This should be an easy fix and there is some information in the following thread that @KvanH just tagged you in (thank you @KvanH)