Which form of glutamine do you prefer?

Nogoodracing

Awards
Hi, im currently cutting so plenty of cardio early on without food etc. ive read mixed reviews on L GLutamine - some saying its good some bad, bad because it gets absorbed into the stomach wall i believe? rather than getting to where its meant to. so this poll is just weather i should get some or not. ive seen the other brands of it like the GEE ethyl estehr and i think one by explosive? which is similar in effect but works differently.

L-glutamine is obsiously cheaper than the other two n im pretty skint so id rather get that anyway i wonder what people will choose?

1. L-Glutamine
  2. GEE (glutamine ethyl esther)
  3. Other brand slightly different (please comment :D)
  4. Definitely wouldnt bother with simple L Glutamine it doesnt work

Ragnaarook

Ragnaarook

Awards
The one that should contain in your diet meat,

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Leaning more toward #4 but I used to buy bulk glutamine and put it in my shakes so it just depends on the person. It may work for you.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
4. I wouldn't bother spending your money on extra glutamine. There are some supplements that include glutamine that I use like IntraMax (which contains L-Glutamine), but I wouldn't buy it in bulk solo.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Go buy more steak, eggs, and poultry. Supplementing with glutamine may only benefit digestion health nothing in regards to strength & recovery.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use Millennium Sports GLUTAMINE-500™ (AJIPURE™).

With over 350 patents, Ajinomoto® is truly the world's amino acid innovator. Produced through microbiological fermentation using natural raw ingredients of non-animal origin, Ajipure® L-Glutamine is USP/FCC grade and is the only L-Glutamine in the world manufactured to the most exacting pharmaceutical standards by the world’s largest amino acid manufacturer.* I truly feel this is the best glutamine using ajinomoto and ajipure.

Millennium Sport Technologies, Inc. brings you only premium and pure ingredients!

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
I use Millennium Sports GLUTAMINE-500™ (AJIPURE™).

With over 350 patents, Ajinomoto® is truly the world's amino acid innovator. Produced through microbiological fermentation using natural raw ingredients of non-animal origin, Ajipure® L-Glutamine is USP/FCC grade and is the only L-Glutamine in the world manufactured to the most exacting pharmaceutical standards by the world’s largest amino acid manufacturer.* I truly feel this is the best glutamine using ajinomoto and ajipure.

Millennium Sport Technologies, Inc. brings you only premium and pure ingredients!
nice commercial

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're thinking about using it for recovery, you'd likely be better served with just a high-protein diet. It may have some uses for intestinal/immune health, but it doesn't seem like that's what you're interested in. If you're set on using it for recovery/performance, I'd opt for alanyl-glutamine, or just glutamine with alanine, which serves a similar purpose. This type of glutamine seems to better used for maintaining performance during exercise, so if you're looking for some sort of performance benefits from glutamine, I'd opt for this type, but this seems to be more of an intra-workout benefit more than something that will necessarily improve your recovery for the next day(s).

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Save your money. Glutamine has not been shown to be help healthy adult males whom are training and eating properly

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glutamine is good for the Immune system if your sick or run down like from intense training. its also really good for your stomach.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine lol the turd that wont flush