which creatine to choose

G

gspyropo

Awards
hi i have 3 types of creatine in my stock....cellmass (BSN) , creatine freak (pharma freak) and kre alkalyne (EFX)....SO i plan to sell cellmass and replace it by another creatine...what are you proposotions...??

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
A couple of questions:

-Do you want a blend of creatine + other things? Or pure creatine?
-Is there a particular kind of creatine that you have responded well to in the past?

Peformax Labs makes a product called CreMax, which is a cool $8 at Nutraplanet right now. You get 30 servings of 5 grams of creatine monohydrate, plus the extra goodies of Taurine, Betaine, and COP, which will further enhance performance above and beyond straight creatine. We even threw in some electrolytes for good measure.

In my opinion it is hard to beat Mono, so if you wanted just pure creatine, I would suggest that. Green Magnitude is another creatine blend that I am a fan of.

RamboStallone

RamboStallone

Awards
Creapure, it's a patented creatine monohydrate that many companies use. It's cheap and effective in my opinion.

G

gspyropo

Awards
A couple of questions:

-Do you want a blend of creatine + other things? Or pure creatine?
-Is there a particular kind of creatine that you have responded well to in the past?

Peformax Labs makes a product called CreMax, which is a cool $8 at Nutraplanet right now. You get 30 servings of 5 grams of creatine monohydrate, plus the extra goodies of Taurine, Betaine, and COP, which will further enhance performance above and beyond straight creatine. We even threw in some electrolytes for good measure.

In my opinion it is hard to beat Mono, so if you wanted just pure creatine, I would suggest that. Green Magnitude is another creatine blend that I am a fan of.
want a different type of mono hydrate creatine so as to avoid water retention and the bloat....i want lean mass if possible and strenght

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine is creatine... Especially once you reach saturation. That being said my go to is greenmag. Has a couple extra goodies. You can get an 80 serving for a decent price. It tastes amazing. You get to save the labels to get free products. http://www.islandsupplements.com/controlled-labs-green-magnitude-1-83-lbs.html

Profile-Magnesium 350mg
Magnesium Creatine Chelate 2500mg
Dicreatine Malate 2500mg
Betaine Anhydrous 2000mg
L-Taurine 2000mg
L-Tyrosine 500mg

N

niclas90

Awards
  • Established
I'd suggest getting SNS Creatine. 14 USD for 1.2kg at nutra. That's 240 full servings.

Otherwise, if you wan't to minimize bloat, i'd suggest Green Mag.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd suggest getting SNS Creatine. 14 USD for 1.2kg at nutra. That's 240 full servings. Otherwise, if you wan't to minimize bloat, i'd suggest Green Mag.
yeah price per serving sns is an amazing deal.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
want a different type of mono hydrate creatine so as to avoid water retention and the bloat....i want lean mass if possible and strenght
Creatine mono has by far the most research behind it for increasing mass and strength. Also, have you personally found that mono bloats you? When taken in reasonable amounts from a quality manufacturer, mono should not increase "bloat". You should be holding more water, but that should be inside your cells, not outside, which is exactly what you want to happen.

With that said, if you insist on not taking monohydrate, you could go with green magnitude. It doesn't have monohydrate and is effective.

If you are curious about the research behind creatine and the different forms/effetiveness, I would suggest reading some info from examine.com:

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/
http://examine.com/faq/what-is-the-best-form-of-creatine.html

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
RamboStallone

RamboStallone

Awards
IMO 1.5g of any type of creatine will give minimal effects.
I agree, when I was over 200lbs I saw an increase jumping from 5g to 10g a day. I say 5g minimum, monohydrate does the job very well. No reason to complicate things.

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
hi i have 3 types of creatine in my stock...
the question begs to be asked: why??
what is the goal here?
do you think it is the creatine in the CellMass that is causing your bloat? :D

I agree, when I was over 200lbs I saw an increase jumping from 5g to 10g a day. I say 5g minimum, monohydrate does the job very well. No reason to complicate things.
so you espouse that more mono is better?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Water retention is a function of creatine.. it draws water into the cell regardless of its form.

In saying that SNS has a creatine that sells for under 15 that will last you a year if you dose 3g daily on workout days only (such is the new dosing protocol)

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Like already stated. Creatine adds water weight. If your alkaline creatine or whatever does not then it is probably not doing anything at all. I would just stick with the mono.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Stick with monohydrate. It's the best for bulking and ergogenic effects. The rest are a waste IMHO

After 20 years monohydrate still dominates and there is nothing better. It has a 99% absorption rate and is well studied. Other forms are simply inferior.

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also see better results with more. Im aware the recent fad is only 3 to 5gs. But my body doesnt agree. lol I still do a laoding phase.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ive been using the finaflex buffered creatine. and its nice. I like to use 3 g pre or post.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just got the sns mono, no water retention at all. People are a little ridiculous with there fear of water retention. Test causes water retention too should that be avoided too geesh. Eating a high sodium meal a few times a week will cause water retention worse than creatine mono. If you cant stand being 5% less defined in exchange for making gains then BB is not for you. This is not directed at anyone inparticular, people need to spend less time worrying about minor water retention and more time getting after it and making gains.

So ya mono from sns FTW.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
hi i have 3 types of creatine in my stock....cellmass (BSN) , creatine freak (pharma freak) and kre alkalyne (EFX)....SO i plan to sell cellmass and replace it by another creatine...what are you proposotions...??
creatine mono

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
5 to 8g of Creapure has always done me great. I do have some creatine nitrate unopened I was wondering about, not sure what others thoughts are on that.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2649889/
http://www.jissn.com/content/6/1/6

Conclusion

Creatine ethyl ester did not show any additional benefit to increase muscle strength or performance than creatine monohydrate or maltodextose placebo.

Additionally, total body mass, fat mass, fat-free mass, and thigh muscle mass were not significantly enhanced with creatine ethyl ester supplementation compared to placebo or creatine monohydrate groups.

I. The vast majority of the improvement observed in the present study can most likely be attributed to the training protocol itself, rather than the supplementation.

Furthermore, it appears that the skeletal muscle uptake of creatine ethyl ester uptake was not significant enough to increase skeletal muscle creatine levels without significant degradation to creatinine occurring.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
I usually do a loading phase at 25g for 5 days then maintain on 10g on workout days and 5g on off days

If you're under 200lbs you could load at 20g instead of 25g

These are not scientifically proven doses or anything. Just what I do and what I've seen results with.

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
These are not scientifically proven doses or anything. Just what I do and what I've seen results with.
I don't even know anybody who "loads" anymore, haven't heard of that in yrs tbh..
now go put some damn clothes on and stop parading around in that towel already, will ya?

Conclusion

Creatine ethyl ester did not show any additional benefit to increase muscle strength or performance than creatine monohydrate or maltodextose placebo.
I don't know anybody who uses CEE anymore either :p

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I don't even know anybody who "loads" anymore, haven't heard of that in yrs tbh.. now go put some damn clothes on and stop parading around in that towel already, will ya? I don't know anybody who uses CEE anymore either :p
The labels on creatine instructions sometimes suggest the loading phase.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I'll be honest .... for as long as I can remember I have been a big proponent of sticking with plain creatine monohydrate and that none of the new creatines out there could compete. I have tried them all and still stuck with good old mono ...... that was until I tried Crea-Trona by FINAFLEX. I was skeptical as usual to try yet another 'new' creatine ..... but for the first time I was actually proven wrong .... this stuff works!!! I saw more results from Crea-Trona than I had with plain creatine monohydrate. And for those other skeptical guys and gals out there .... this epiphany happened before I cam on as a board rep for FINAFLEX !

Give it a try .... you will be glad you did.

http://finaflex.com/products/2012-07-22-22-14-336-detail

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Each person is different. 3-5g doesn't cause stomach upset but of course you can always take more. As I say, every person is different so find the dose that works for you.

hooah47

hooah47

Awards
Creatine is creatine bro. Mono is time tested and proven. 5g a day, and 10g on training days.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's a reasonable protocol too! I do think all other forms of creatine are inferior except maybe Malate. A lot of this business is finding "new" things to excite people when it isn't necessary.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
I'd suggest getting SNS Creatine. 14 USD for 1.2kg at nutra. That's 240 full servings.

Otherwise, if you wan't to minimize bloat, i'd suggest Green Mag.
Creatine mono has by far the most research behind it for increasing mass and strength. Also, have you personally found that mono bloats you? When taken in reasonable amounts from a quality manufacturer, mono should not increase "bloat". You should be holding more water, but that should be inside your cells, not outside, which is exactly what you want to happen.

With that said, if you insist on not taking monohydrate, you could go with green magnitude. It doesn't have monohydrate and is effective.

If you are curious about the research behind creatine and the different forms/effetiveness, I would suggest reading some info from examine.com:

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/
http://examine.com/faq/what-is-the-best-form-of-creatine.html
thanks for the green magnitude suggestions in here. its very effective and just about the best tasting supplement around. we also have free samples right here http://www.controlledlabs.com/freesamplerpack2.php

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP, as others have pointed out, creatine monohydrate is king for a reason and from a price standpoint can't be beat. Look for Creapure creatine. ALLMAX carries 100% pure micronized Creapure creatine powder, as part of our essentials line, but any brand that is Creapure is good.

If you're looking for a designer creatine, we also carry a tablet product, CreMAGnavol which has creatine-magnesium chelate as the source, using patented creatine MagnaPower.

Both are great options, just depends on what you're looking for.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I will come in just to say that creatine mono is the KING of creatines.

jaces

jaces

Awards
Mono is the most researched creatine so I will go with that but if you dont want to retain as much water and dont want to have to load or wait for your muscles to get saturated first then go for kre-alkalyne and hcl

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wasn't trying to thank the post above hahaha. No offense bro.

OP, Creatine Mono - SNS or a cheap Creapure. Do not waste money on a designer creatine.

You can also look for Olympus Labs VITAL1TY when it comes out. It's Creapure with TMG/Betaine these two are 2 proven ingredients that you should be taking anyways. We also included Phosphatidylserine for mTOR activation. The flavors are outrageous too :)

jaces

jaces

Awards
I wasn't trying to thank the post above hahaha. No offense bro.

OP, Creatine Mono - SNS or a cheap Creapure. Do not waste money on a designer creatine.

You can also look for Olympus Labs VITAL1TY when it comes out. It's Creapure with TMG/Betaine these two are 2 proven ingredients that you should be taking anyways. We also included Phosphatidylserine for mTOR activation. The flavors are outrageous too :)
Haha no worries bro