Unanswered Which AI is least harmful to lipids?

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Quick question... just haven't been able to find a straight answer anywhere. Which AI is least harmful to lipids? And how big of an effect do they generally have?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got my cholesterol bloodwork while on a hefty dose of aromasin.
Test was at 1500 ng/dl and e2 was 15 pg/ml (too low).
Total cholesterol was mid range. Hdl was towards the lower and ldl was towards the upper end, but they were still in range.

AFAIK ai's do not directly lower hdl, they do that indirectly by lowering e2 which stimulates production of hdl.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got my cholesterol bloodwork while on a hefty dose of aromasin.
Test was at 1500 ng/dl and e2 was 15 pg/ml (too low).
Total cholesterol was mid range. Hdl was towards the lower and ldl was towards the upper end, but they were still in range.

AFAIK ai's do not directly lower hdl, they do that indirectly by lowering e2 which stimulates production of hdl.
Lol.... try that again with anastrazole now.

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
No problem. Not sure I get your last question about it’s effect though. Mind telling me more?
By that I just meant by how much do they lower hdl or raise ldl? I know that’s difficult to put a number on but in comparison to oral steroids is Aromasin that harsh on lipids?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
By that I just meant by how much do they lower hdl or raise ldl? I know that’s difficult to put a number on but in comparison to oral steroids is Aromasin that harsh on lipids?
I could call @CroLifter and he’d throw a study at you but let’s say it’ll depend on doses and the individual

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I knew I had a study bookmarked on this:

Cliffs: exemestane is likely your best option BUT, dont overlook the positive impact estrogen has on lipid profiles.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yea, aromasin/exemestane is definitely the way to go if you got access to it. I also need to switch back to it.