Unanswered Whey Protein Question

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Recently I bought some MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder and when I tried it on 2-3 occasions, my back around my kidneys started to hurt. I didn’t know if maybe that means I have a problem with whey protein or if I should try another brand.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have same protein, Costco price was too good to pass on. But I get pretty bloated off of it, I need to stick to an isolate.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
I have same protein, Costco price was too good to pass on. But I get pretty bloated off of it, I need to stick to an isolate.
I’ll look into that. Thanks.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Recently I bought some MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder and when I tried it on 2-3 occasions, my back around my kidneys started to hurt. I didn’t know if maybe that means I have a problem with whey protein or if I should try another brand.
Mistake #1 --> Buying a Product that does not meet label claims and was accused of protein spiking
Mistake #2 --> You get what you pay for sometime. Cheap product does not always mean its a quality product
Mistake #3 to @mase1 if i bloats you why do you use it? That makes 0 sense. If you can't digest the nutrients or sources you consume your not doing your body any good

I rather see you both buy a better product, one that meets 3rd party claims, and can tolerate. If whey or dairy doesnt sit well invest in a casein, vegan, or egg product

Here are just some of the companies found guilty of protein spiking

We could also include Phase 8 From MuscleTech and the millions they had to pay back to their consumers as well as all the other MuscleTech, Six Star & Epiq

if I were in your shoes look into the following

Isolate:
Xtend Pro (Chocolate and Vanilla are my favorites)
MAN Sports Iso (All the flavors are great I have tried)
Dymatize Iso-100 (Birthday Cake, Orange Cream, PB, Choc PB)
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)
Gaspari Precision (Blueberry, Neo, CTC)

Vegan:
Nutrex Vegan (Cinnamon Cookies & German Chocolate Cake)
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion
Ghost Vegan

Egg:
Gaspari Proven Egg

Last edited:
MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Mistake #1 --> Buying a Product that does not meet label claims and was accused of protein spiking
Mistake #2 --> You get what you pay for sometime. Cheap product does not always mean its a quality product
Mistake #3 to @mase1 if i bloats you why do you use it? That makes 0 sense. If you can't digest the nutrients or sources you consume your not doing your body any good

I rather see you both buy a better product, one that meets 3rd party claims, and can tolerate. If whey or dairy doesnt sit well invest in a casein, vegan, or egg product

Here are just some of the companies found guilty of protein spiking

We could also include Phase 8 From MuscleTech and the millions they had to pay back to their consumers as well as all the other MuscleTech, Six Star & Epiq

if I were in your shoes look into the following

Isolate:
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)

Vegan:
Nutrex Vegan (Cinnamon Cookies & German Chocolate Cake)
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion
Ghost Vegan

Egg:
Gaspari Proven Egg
Thanks for the info. I didn’t do enough research because I didn’t know about that with MusclePharm.

I’ll pick up some Casein protein powder soon.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the info. I didn’t do enough research because I didn’t know about that with MusclePharm.

I’ll pick up some Casein protein powder soon.
Why?
Use a regular isolate or whey blend (if you tolerate dairy) Casein has no advantage.
Don't fall into the marketing of "OH I need it before bed due to a slow release"

Do you know what has a slow release? A protein Blend that has both whey and casein, and has plenty of research to show it is superior as a choice.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Why?
Use a regular isolate or whey blend (if you tolerate dairy) Casein has no advantage.
Don't fall into the marketing of "OH I need it before bed due to a slow release"

Do you know what has a slow release? A protein Blend that has both whey and casein, and has plenty of research to show it is superior as a choice.

Oh okay. Then I’ll stick with an isolate and see how that treats me.

Last edited:

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No milk issues but will try an isolate for a month and see if any difference. No cramping or stomach ache from musclepharm, just bloat. Notice when I stopped it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh okay. I was just going to go with casein, because my mom is lactose intolerant and my dad recently switched because he finally admitted that he might be as well.
Casein is mostly dairy. If they are lactose intolerance that is a very bad choice.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Isolate:
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)
As the solution has stated, I would agree with picking up one of these and running it versus the muscle pharm.