Wheres a good gym?

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently going to a power house in my area and its alright, but I am starting to get into power lifting. I would really like to find a gym that is more suited to powerlifting and had more people that were really serious about lifting. I live on the east side of Michigan in the chesterfield area and i commute to work through pontiac so anything between there would be up for grabs.if anyone could recommend a place I would greatly appreciate it.

If anyone else wants to recommend other places go ahead maybe we could start a list of places.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can't imagine Power House not being friendly to powerlifters. Is it that you want to find other like-minded folks to lift with, or is the Power House Gym where you live simply messed up and not conducive to powerlifting?

You can try this search out and see what you come up with: Powerlifting Gyms | Powerlifting Watch

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I can't imagine Power House not being friendly to powerlifters. Is it that you want to find other like-minded folks to lift with, or is the Power House Gym where you live simply messed up and not conducive to powerlifting?

You can try this search out and see what you come up with: Powerlifting Gyms | Powerlifting Watch
No it's not that there unfriendly, there very good about powerlifting. I've never seen any of the staff even flinch on my dead lift days.

I would just like to find a place that has more appropriate equipment for powerlifting, and like you said more like minded individuals. Tired of being one of five guys who actually does legs at a gym.