Where to learn about Masteron and Primobolan

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Searching on Google to find info/learn about these two compounds sends me to a million sites that all say different things that sometimes contradict each other. I'm a complete newbie and want to learn as much as possible about these two compounds (Masteron and Primobolan). Any recommendations on sites that actually have legit info on these compounds on everything from what they are, how they work, what typical dosages are, what you can stack them with, what some common cycles are, and what the pros and cons are each are? I just want to learn as much as possible from a site that is reputable with reputable information.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Youtube has become the outlet. Google search often now just shows ai generated websites. They're are somewhat similar as masteron is considered the poor man's primo in some places. Mast effects my lipids, primo does not effect it nearly as much if ran decently, 600mg wk myself, 200mg with trt. Both are ran in similar doses. Both effect my estrogen and if ran with a lower or trt dose drops it over time. Not everyone is the same. I don't like Mast, it effects my lipids more and I don't see much effect unless at lower body fat. Primo I grow. Personal rant.

It's been a problem with some primo effecting libido. It's pretty well documented acedotally. I luckily don't have the problem but throwing it out there.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Youtube has become the outlet. Google search often now just shows ai generated websites. They're are somewhat similar as masteron is considered the poor man's primo in some places. Mast effects my lipids, primo does not effect it nearly as much if ran decently, 600mg wk myself, 200mg with trt. Both are ran in similar doses. Both effect my estrogen and if ran with a lower or trt dose drops it over time. Not everyone is the same. I don't like Mast, it effects my lipids more and I don't see much effect unless at lower body fat. Primo I grow. Personal rant.

It's been a problem with some primo effecting libido. It's pretty well documented acedotally. I luckily don't have the problem but throwing it out there.
Estrogen is important for libido. If someone lowers estrogen too much with too much primo for their estrogen load, libido will suffer.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On YouTube, Vigorous Steve & John Jewitt are pretty good sources for videos on Mast & Primo usage for bodybuilding. Dr. Todd Lee has some very good ones too.

The Anabolic Bodybuilding channel as mentioned has some very easy to digest beginner level useful info, so probably start there and then go to the other 3 channels as you want to explore more granular stuff.

TLDR: you can use them somewhat interchangeably, but they are different drugs and bodybuilders will generally want to use primo off-season and mast pre-comp. Primo is not really a good drug for a strength athlete, unless they’re a masters lifter and there’s absolutely nothing else they tolerate. Mast is a better strength drug/actual PED, beyond lean tissue accrual.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Estrogen is important for libido. If someone lowers estrogen too much with too much primo for their estrogen load, libido will suffer.
Not quite convinced if it's the lowering of estrogen or just the compound. Mast I don't hear of it much. Either way I don't have the problem and prefer primo

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Many youtubers are heavy on Mast as a growth promoter though. I believe it but don't care to get my mgs up as I don't compete. I can definately see were it's beneficial in that, wouldn't care to have it as my main compound though.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've used neither. But one thing to keep in mind is primo is more expensive and faked more often I hear. What are your goals? I'd imagine you already use other peds or wouldn't bother messing with those two right of the bat.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've used neither. But one thing to keep in mind is primo is more expensive and faked more often I hear. What are your goals? I'd imagine you already use other peds or wouldn't bother messing with those two right of the bat.
I do disagree with the faked part. Things have changed over the years. I can give info on many labs to send off to get a test. It is very reasonable but does take time to ship off. If a few labs come back fake the ug would be flagged if you do a little research now.

Primo is more on the manufacturing side though in comparison but that's capitalism

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not quite convinced if it's the lowering of estrogen or just the compound. Mast I don't hear of it much. Either way I don't have the problem and prefer primo
That’s because Mast is more like a SERM, antagonizing estrogen receptors, which keeps actual estrogen higher - plus it lowers prolactin more, so between the two it really tends to push libido especially hard compared to most other compounds.

Primo just lowers estrogen actually, and is otherwise very neutral. It doesn’t make me hornier at all.

Many youtubers are heavy on Mast as a growth promoter though. I believe it but don't care to get my mgs up as I don't compete. I can definately see were it's beneficial in that, wouldn't care to have it as my main compound though.
I do prefer Mast most of the time. Mainly because it doesn’t thicken the blood the way Primo was marketed for, gives a bigger strength boost, and is cheaper & easier to get good stuff. And it doesn’t have the Primo PIP. But I have definitely grown on it multiple times.

Honestly the biggest side IS libido for me, besides dyslipidemia.

I do disagree with the faked part. Things have changed over the years. I can give info on many labs to send off to get a test. It is very reasonable but does take time to ship off. If a few labs come back fake the ug would be flagged if you do a little research now.

Primo is more on the manufacturing side though in comparison but that's capitalism
I’ve known 2 different sources in my own life to have had primo that ended up just being test now over a few years. I have also had ‘Var’ be Dbol several times as well. Always recommend Roidtesting those 2.

For $30, it’s worth it to not waste your time on what are basically the most expensive compounds besides Halotestin, Proviron & Trest.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My concerns on high cost compounds..the dose..???
Is it consistent with each bottle and batch..??
Some great info so far..I learned some new stuff..
Z...

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I went down a little late night rabbit hole on Mast and just started looking at my bloods since I started to feel like there's alot of oversimplification on how many say things. Here's a quote of a guy that has a few papers on Mast when asked about if it drys or out or just bro science

Yes, it does this by preventing estrogen uptake into cells. This is not SERM-like action, but more analogous to Epistane action, where tissue-level estrogen modulation occurs (SERMs act antagonistically at the estrogen receptors in the hypothalamus and pituitary). As a brief tangent, Epistane's non-methylated counterpart (epitiostanol) is used clinically in Japan. At a 20 mg weekly dosage epitiostanol, considered an anti-estrogen agent, it was shown to be more effective than Masteron (at 50 mg weekly) in treatment of gynecomastia.

I can link his work if cared.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I went down a little late night rabbit hole on Mast and just started looking at my bloods since I started to feel like there's alot of oversimplification on how many say things. Here's a quote of a guy that has a few papers on Mast when asked about if it drys or out or just bro science

Yes, it does this by preventing estrogen uptake into cells. This is not SERM-like action, but more analogous to Epistane action, where tissue-level estrogen modulation occurs (SERMs act antagonistically at the estrogen receptors in the hypothalamus and pituitary). As a brief tangent, Epistane's non-methylated counterpart (epitiostanol) is used clinically in Japan. At a 20 mg weekly dosage epitiostanol, considered an anti-estrogen agent, it was shown to be more effective than Masteron (at 50 mg weekly) in treatment of gynecomastia.

I can link his work if cared.
It definitely drys you out. This can be a very good or bad thing, depending on how dry you want to be (heavy training for strength or growth certainly isn’t the same scenario as a bodybuilder very close to stage time).

I am using the term SERM VERY loosely. My goal is not to explain the exact mechanism, which I do not claim to know. Simply that bloods from guys using Mast tend to have higher estrogen levels than when using Primo, but still won’t have gyno issues, be just as dry or dryer, and can have higher libido.

Many people find test/primo can be a 1:1 with blast level doses, but find Masteron to be drier and need less mg for that level of drying. For example, at cruise using 180mg of test e/wk, I could tolerate 120mg primo. It felt a bit dry, but I was able to tolerate it. On the same 180 test/wk next cruise, 100 mast was to immediately too much, and 80 mast/wk eventually had my joints aching and I suffered an adductor tear eventually.

Part of it was I was leaner the second cruise, therefore aromatizing less, BUT from cycles I have done I find Mast to be more potent in reducing estrogen symptoms/practical effects per mg than primo.

Not to say primo is weak in that action - I took about 450mg of primo e/wk last December and within a week or so it allowed me to take 20mg of Trest Ace daily with no AI. I eventually worked up to 30mg Trest/day along with 20mg IM Dbol. As long as I took my 200mg of P5P and DIM, I was good.

Dblock

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I absolutely love Primo, by far my favorite compound but the last 2 batches of 200mg/ml gave me intense pain. I had a swelling that would take 3 days to subside after each shot…. Also started to feel physically sick after the 6-7th week each time. I would imagine it was the solvents?

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I am using the term SERM VERY loosely. My goal is not to explain the exact mechanism, which I do not claim to know. Simply that bloods from guys using Mast tend to have higher estrogen levels than when using Primo, but still won’t have gyno issues, be just as dry or dryer, and can have higher libido.
I didn't think you were just was an easy simplification to understand, why I didn't tag you directly. I enjoy learning about all this stuff but this rabbit hole definately went over my head alot and the serm like phrase is often thrown like the ai nature of primo even though both look like it's more downstream effects of complex upsteam changes to my minimal understanding at least.

Good stuff though makes me want to pop a top off a primo or mast vial again this summer

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I absolutely love Primo, by far my favorite compound but the last 2 batches of 200mg/ml gave me intense pain. I had a swelling that would take 3 days to subside after each shot…. Also started to feel physically sick after the 6-7th week each time. I would imagine it was the solvents?
Could be solvent, it depends who brews it, or it could be a mistake made with that batch (unfortunately have happened to me) or it could be something else. Best to stick with labs that have a good reputation over a long time or use a lab you’re familiar with.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Could be solvent, it depends who brews it, or it could be a mistake made with that batch (unfortunately have happened to me) or it could be something else. Best to stick with labs that have a good reputation over a long time or use a lab you’re familiar with.
Also could try your ugl at 100mg, most offer both concentrations

I've gotten lucky with MCT primo brews with minimal to no pip.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
High Concentration Gear is the "Holy Grail" in PED's...when it doesn't have PIP and is dosed correctly..
It happened from Time to Time..
Z...

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
I don’t notice anything from a low dose of mast with test. But I could cruise on a low dose primo and test forever, if I could afford it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t notice anything from a low dose of mast with test. But I could cruise on a low dose primo and test forever, if I could afford it.
I didn’t really either when I was doing 180/80, besides the eventual joint pain and lipids that never resolved fully. The juice has to be worth the squeeze, and that wasn’t really better than just taking ~200 test.

But 180/120 test/primo, my training was kicking ass pretty hard. Felt like I was making progress even off blast.