When u find out the supplement industry is a scam:

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Uh. In which way do you mean a scam? And wtf are you talking about?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a feeling that this is going to be entertaining.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
People are weird. I hope it keeps going. I kinda feel like derailing something new

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What if I were to tell you that computer you are typing on isn't real?
Now watch your commercials like a good little 3d hologram projected from a 2d space, and consume all of it.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First, thanks for reaching out. I am a mom with 2 kids and I am from Chinese, I just share the most popular diet in China which most of foreigners didn't hear of this diet as language limitation. Though I don't speak English well, I think I can express what I thought about this diet and also can introduce it to people who needs.

I hope this diet can benefit more and more people, of course I can earn cost living from this diet. This diet is directly sales, so no matter where you buy, Me or head company, all of them are same price. Any question, you can ask me , it is my pleasure to answer your questions.

Best Wishes.
Seems legit...

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh this is new and exciting.

Thing is OP, this is what tends to happen in a population of income earners who have a certain amount of, umm, income to dispose of outside of essentials:

we buy sh1t we dont "need". You know, Fight Club and all that.

You may as well post up at a sports-car -enthusiast forum "but guize all we really need is a bicycle or a bus or a 1500cc runabout".

Coolstorybro.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Oh this is new and exciting.

Thing is OP, this is what tends to happen in a population of income earners who have a certain amount of, umm, income to dispose of outside of essentials:

we buy sh1t we dont "need". You know, Fight Club and all that.

You may as well post up at a sports-car -enthusiast forum "but guize all we really need is a bicycle or a bus or a 1500cc runabout".

Coolstorybro.
Ah... but that sports car will actually *do* 185mph :D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
You don't lift if you don't wear over-ear Beats matched to your gym clothes tbh
i have a white pair of over the ear earbuds and CANT stand how they look!

BlackTiger22

Awards
  • Established
unless youre buying a powder from rich frotato it's not real food!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When u find out the supplement industry is a scam and all you need is real food:
Dude.. you're entitled to your opinion.. but, don't just write any sh1t coz you have a keyboard and 10fingers. Everyone here (with exceptions like you) knows what supplements do.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
beats by dre headphones cost under $10 to produce but people still buy them
Yeah, there are a few things going on in this thread: shjt that doesn't work at all, shjt that works but is WAY over-priced, what shjt is *needed* vs desired/wanted, etc... I was commenting on the "all you really need is a bicycle" part - that while maybe over-priced, a Ferrari *will do* 185mph, unlike some plant with outrageous "muscle building" claims. I would never own a set of 'Beats by Dre' - the $10 Monoprice.com ones work for me.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think the specifics of any example are irrelevant (I mean the OP used whey as his example, and whey obviously "works"...and the guy who collects ferraris, well his is sitting in his warehouse never-to-be-driven).

The point, for me...is that sh1t I dont need but still choose to spend money on is fulfilling a psychological/emotional "need". Thats a big reason why I work, and enjoy certain freedoms.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
I think a more accurate post would have been "MOST SUPPLEMENT ADVERTISING AND EXPECTATIONS ARE A SCAM". Yeah, most supplements work to some degree, the problem comes when they sell you "****-plex" You will gain 10lb of solid muscle, harden up your ass and GET ALL THE TAIL...First of all, there aint no **** in that BS, it wont give you 10lb, especially with ****ty diet and it will most certainly not do all the other BS it promises. Now is it useless? No, it does stuff. The problem is that its advertised as if it was a freaking steroid with no side effects and SARM qualities all wrapped into one overpriced and relatively weak PH compared to other things in the market. This is just one example but you get the picture.

Im pretty sure we are all aware of this by now, it only takes a couple of months/cycles to know whats up, whats worth buying and whos advise you want to be taking *cough*reps*cough*. I think that worded properly, this is a solid advise post for gym newbies who like all of us, entered this **** overexcited and gullible as ****. Then again we all received similar advise and ended up buying all the BS crap and figuring it out ourselves, that might just be part of the learning curve that we all WANT to go through.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I think the specifics of any example are irrelevant (I mean the OP used whey as his example, and whey obviously "works"...and the guy who collects ferraris, well his is sitting in his warehouse never-to-be-driven).

The point, for me...is that sh1t I dont need but still choose to spend money on is fulfilling a psychological/emotional "need". Thats a big reason why I work, and enjoy certain freedoms.
Yeah, I liked your response earlier because it fits. we buy supplements because we can, and because it fits what we do.