When to time carbs pre and post WO? Also snacks before bed.?

MrOneEyedBoh

MrOneEyedBoh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I workout around 7. Usually eat around 5. Is that too far ahead of time for preWO carbs to take effect? What about postWO carbs, obviously as soon as possible after the WO? I'd get protein with the carbs above.

Also whats good to munch on before bed? I hate going to bed hungry. Just looking for something light to get my stomach something to work on at night.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Also whats good to munch on before bed? I hate going to bed hungry. Just looking for something light to get my stomach something to work on at night.
Casein Protein, I prefer to have Quark before sleep others like cottage cheese

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
5:00 is fine. Any time after, up to an hour or two, is probably ideal.

JP10

JP10

Awards
I have a couple eggs(sometimes a little cheese, ham, and hot sauce), and maybe 1/2-2/3cup of greek yogurt about 30-1hour before bed, holds me over nicely, and get some good proteins that way I'm not sitting on empty all night. Casein is also a great choice! I just feel like I already spend so much damb money on supplements so I don't buy it.

MrOneEyedBoh

MrOneEyedBoh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. I guess any clean foods will be okay. What about cheese sticks like mozzarella sticks

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
I take some bcaa and eggs before bed, or just a protein shake.

MrOneEyedBoh

MrOneEyedBoh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While we're here I guess what's some good pre workout carbs like say 30 mins prior to working out

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
While we're here I guess what's some good pre workout carbs like say 30 mins prior to working out
Rice, Ezekiel bread, rice cakes, fruit, anything that you have an easy time digesting

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
30 minutes pre? I would go with something easy on the stomach like a single rice cake or some fruit.