When to stop blasting before TRT labs?

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

I'm going to be starting TRT in the next few weeks, saw my endo today and he confirmed that it is the plan he just wants me to get an MRI to make sure there's no tumors in my pituitary..... and run some more bloodwork to be sure that this is the route to go.

I'm wondering: once I get on TRT and start working with my doc to dial in my dose and everything, how long do I need to be off of other gear before follow up labs? I know that the first few months I will be doing a lot of labwork to dial things in and am just curious how soon it will be possible to run a few vials of primo that I've got? Obviously I'm not going to do anything stupid and jeopardize the relationship with my doc, but I want to know what I can get away with in the future regarding blasting between labs. What about anavar? What would tip him off in labwork that I'm running other compounds (other than lipids and AST/ALT)?

Thanks in advance!

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Depends on what ester of test you are blasting with.

Test cyp I would be off at least 8 weeks

And it depends on the bloods you are talking about. If it’s just test and estrogen, some compounds won’t really effect that at all, if it’s a full panel then he could notice free test, lipids, liver values.

But how long to be off really depends on the compound you are taking

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
I do 8 weeks for the usual E/C esters and 4-6 weeks stop orals or acetate esters. Im not sure how close you can push it but i like to be damn sure im good to go

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
Tbh im not even sure if most orals would even give anything away for a trt bloodtest if you ran it WHILE getting bloods, guess it depends what type

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys! So if I were to be cruising on my TRT dose and only blasting primo or taking anavar I might not even have anything to worry about depending on what blood tests hes running?

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I guess what I'm wondering specifically is does primo or anavar affect SHBG or free test? Sorry if thats a noob question it's just not something I've specifically read up on.

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys! So if I were to be cruising on my TRT dose and only blasting primo or taking anavar I might not even have anything to worry about depending on what blood tests hes running?
I would make damn sure those arent going to effect it before you jump on them. (which i guess is precisely what you are trying to do by making this post lol)

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would think that they would affect test results. You need more input from the more experienced guys who are also on TRT here.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would think that they would affect test results. You need more input from the more experienced guys who are also on TRT here.
OP, I posted this earlier, but it was lost (site updates). I have recently gone on TRT with an endocrinologist, after three years of PH/AAS cycles logged on this forum.

OP, you should stop blasting Test or other anabolics at least 6-8 weeks before TRT bloodwork.

@Renew1 is right, the advice given thus far is not great.

So, depending on what the endocrinologist orders for bloodwork, cycling too close to test will show imbalanced male/female hormone levels and if they check for kidney, liver, cholesterol markers... Those can all be affected by gear you are or have been cycling recently. My endocrinologist knew I had been naughty, I live in Bay area.. not her first steroid using patient.

After you get approved for TRT (not a prize to be hypogonadic) stay off the gear for 3-4 months more, until your hormone levels are stable and endocrinologist say no need to adjust or test dose again for 6months or so.

Then you can selectively use a SARM or PH/AAS, but would need to stop again prior to doc ordered blood work.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP, I posted this earlier, but it was lost (site updates). I have recently gone on TRT with an endocrinologist, after three years of PH/AAS cycles logged on this forum.

OP, you should stop blasting Test or other anabolics at least 6-8 weeks before TRT bloodwork.

So, depending on what the endocrinologist orders for bloodwork, cycling too close to test will show imbalanced male/female hormone levels and if they check for kidney, liver, cholesterol markers... Those can all be affected by gear you are or have been cycling recently. My endocrinologist knew I had been naughty, I live in Bay area.. not her first steroid using patient.

After you get approved for TRT (not a prize to be hypogonadic) stay off the gear for 3-4 months more, until your hormone levels are stable and endocrinologist say no need to adjust or test dose again for 6months or so.

Then you can selectively use a SARM or PH/AAS, but would need to stop again prior to doc ordered blood work.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP, I have recently gone on TRT with an endocrinologist, after three years of PH/AAS cycles logged on this forum.

@Renew1 is right, the advice given thus far is so-so.

Depending on what the endocrinologist orders for bloodwork, cycling too close to test will show imbalanced male/female hormone levels and if they check for kidney, liver, hemocrit, cholesterol markers (very likely, if they are a good doc)..
Those can all be affected by gear you are or have been cycling recently. My endocrinologist knew I had been naughty, I live in Bay area.. not her first steroid using patient.

After you get approved for TRT (not a prize to have hypogonadism) stay off the gear for 3-4 months more, until your hormone levels are stable and endocrinologist say no need to adjust or test dose again for 6months or so.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP, I have recently gone on TRT with an endocrinologist, after three years of PH/AAS cycles logged on this forum.

Depending on what the endocrinologist orders for bloodwork, cycling too close to test will show imbalanced male/female hormone levels and if they check for kidney, liver, hemocrit, cholesterol markers (very likely, if they are a good doc)..
Those can all be affected by gear you are or have been cycling recently. My endocrinologist knew I had been naughty, I live in Bay area.. not her first steroid using patient.

After you get approved for TRT (not a prize to have hypogonadism) stay off the gear for 3-4 months more, until your hormone levels are stable and endocrinologist say no need to adjust or test dose again for 6months or so.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

After you get approved for TRT (not a prize to have hypogonadism) stay off the gear for 3-4 months more, until your hormone levels are stable and endocrinologist say no need to adjust test dose again for 6months or so.

Last edited:
jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Thank you!

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
@Old Witch is there any way you could please chime in? lol. Curious if primo or anavar will affect SHBG, free test, LH or FSH? Just would like to know lol not sure what bloods my endo will even be ordering exactly but the knowledge always helps

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well if you’re on trt then fsh and lh should be low anyhow, primo and anavar would affect those, probably not much if you’re on trt.

Primo and anavar will both lower shbg, especially primo. One of the reasons primobolan “is weak” is because it has an amazing affinity for being bound to SHBG.

There’s a chance bound primo could fool the tester into seeing it as bound testosterone. In that case total test will be higher. Usually only direct analogs to testosterone (like turinabol, dianabol, Hexadrone and EQ) will fool the test (and only some) into seeing it as testosterone. Interestingly enough, as a side note, trenbolone can fool some tests into seeing it as testosterone and others into seeing it as estradiol.

Your best bet is always going to be coming off everything for your bloods and then returning to blasting or the enhanced cruise afterward, unless your doc is cool with enhanced cruising (adding illegal things like low dose primo to trt) and wants to just make sure your blood markers for heart health are good.

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Well if you’re on trt then fsh and lh should be low anyhow, primo and anavar would affect those, probably not much if you’re on trt.

Primo and anavar will both lower shbg, especially primo. One of the reasons primobolan “is weak” is because it has an amazing affinity for being bound to SHBG.

There’s a chance bound primo could fool the tester into seeing it as bound testosterone. In that case total test will be higher. Usually only direct analogs to testosterone (like turinabol, dianabol, Hexadrone and EQ) will fool the test (and only some) into seeing it as testosterone. Interestingly enough, as a side note, trenbolone can fool some tests into seeing it as testosterone and others into seeing it as estradiol.

Your best bet is always going to be coming off everything for your bloods and then returning to blasting or the enhanced cruise afterward, unless your doc is cool with enhanced cruising (adding illegal things like low dose primo to trt) and wants to just make sure your blood markers for heart health are good.
Thank you! This is exactly what I was wondering!