When to start Clomid after discontinuing a TRT-dose?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
coming off of a TRT dose cruise. 30 mg of testosterone cypionate EOD ( a little bit goes a long way for me. I get 1200 ng/dl total Testosterone readings at this dose).

I want to come off., I have enclomiphene and hcg on hand. Should I get off and wait 2 weeks after my last dose before starting enclomiphene? Or should I only wait 1 week since this is such a low dose?

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
coming off of a TRT dose cruise. 30 mg EOD ( a little bit goes a long way for me. I get 1200 ng/dl total Testosterone readings at this dose).

I want to come off., I have enclomiphene and hcg on hand. Should I get off and wait 2 weeks after my last dose before starting enclomiphene? Or should I only wait 1 week since this is such a low dose?
Guys will probably want to know what ester you've been using.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
coming off of a TRT dose cruise. 30 mg of testosterone cypionate EOD ( a little bit goes a long way for me. I get 1200 ng/dl total Testosterone readings at this dose).

I would personally recommend waiting 2 weeks.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m curious why you want to come off, if you don’t mind?

JohnyBee

Awards
Start HCG 18 days after the last dose, the cypionate left in the system is low enough to start PCT. After a week of HCG you can start clomid. HCG is still slightly suppressive so you should still take clomid after finishing your HCG

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Start HCG 18 days after the last dose, the cypionate left in the system is low enough to start PCT. After a week of HCG you can start clomid. HCG is still slightly suppressive so you should still take clomid after finishing your HCG
HCG mimics LH in the testes and works wether there's test in your system or not. The 'old school way' of using HCG is to start immediately after cycle and use it for the few weeks, as exogenous androgens clear your system, to wake up the testes after being inactive, to be ready to react to LH, which will be increased/recovered via SERM. In theory at least, using a low dose HCG troughout the cycle and keeping the testes active, rather than waking them back up after being inactive, is even better approach. The leydig cells in testes can die or desentisize to LH, due to long period of inactivity, supposedly. HCG can prevent this.