When to do cardio?

lift or die

Awards
Is it better to do cardio before your lift weights or after or does it not really matter?

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards
Is it better to do cardio before your lift weights or after or does it not really matter?
You will get people answering both ways, but after is better if you want to target fat stores, plus you won't screw up the intensity of your lifting.

Try doing sprints for about 10 minutes or so before you lift....you will have the sweatiest sessions ever.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
how about the opposite time of day that you lift.

run = morning
lift = night
or switch...

Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Awards
AM fasted cardio has proven most effective for me time and time again, and I've tried it all. People argue every which way but from experience this is best for me. Hit the weights at least 3 hours or two meals later.

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
I do my cardio before I lift but really should swicth it to after. Problem is I like the "warmed up" feeling I get which I use to start my lifting session.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AM fasted cardio has proven most effective for me time and time again, and I've tried it all. People argue every which way but from experience this is best for me. Hit the weights at least 3 hours or two meals later.
agreed